SUKEBUREIDO!!!

Post any artwork here, whether it be BW related or not.

Moderators: Nurann, Starath, Sinead, Optimal Optimus Primal, Razor One

starshadow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

SUKEBUREIDO!!!

Unread post by starshadow »

Lol ha! It's Scaleblade for de lurvely SB.

Eh...so...how did I do? Progress or no progress? AH SLAG! I forgot the scar! .______.

She took me 2 days to complete everything. So tired.... I went crazy with her hair, horns and waist. :P
Scaleblade

Unread post by Scaleblade »

*squees and dances* Thank you so much my dear. This was definitely a nice surprise to wake up to on Christmas. :D
Now, seeing as how I know Scaleblade's design probably better than anyone else (:P), let the critique you desire begin!

For reference, I'll be using these two pieces of mine that most closely resemble the one you drew:

I am enthralled with how her headfins and and cable hair turned out. They are absolutly magnificent! The slight design twist and shading on the headfins make them look so sharp and believable. Same goes for her heat retention cables (hair). The shading and layout are very nice, one of the best ways I've seen the cable hair thing done. Forgetting her facial scarring is no big deal. I have done it at times too. ^_^;

Her shoulder and arms are spot on. Sharp and deadly while slim, allowing for maximum movement. I really like how you did her shoulder spikes. They seem much more movement friendly, arching slightly outwards, than her current ones I have designed (not pictured above). I also find her hands very realistic and beautifully done. Scaleblade's wings are, again, spot on.

Her torso and legs seem a bit diproportioned. Her chest seems to take up most of her torso, only leaving a small middle, when it is in fact a bit of the opposite. The gap in between her armor at the legs in reality is much smaller, just a tiny gap to allow for more movement (e.i. kicking and such). Her knee joints seem to be a bit out of place and almost appear as if they are part of her thigh armor. In addition, Scaleblade's lower legs are much bulkier than the streamlined look you have pictured. Her lower legs make up for the bulk and weight of her alt mode absent in the rest of her design.

I really enjoy how her hip spikes turned out. Along with her headfins, they seem very sharp and deadly. The coloring and shading is very nicely done. You definitely have an eye for light sources and shadows. Also, on a very random note, the font you used for her name is scarily similar to how I have signed her name for years. Well done! :D

All in all: 4 out of 5 stars.
I vote: You've made lots and lots of progress!

On a side note, your present will be up soon. And I fully expect a critique on it from you as well! ;)
starshadow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Unread post by starshadow »

Her torso and legs seem a bit diproportioned.
Really? I didn't notice it. It's probably the coloring. I can't really see the lines clearly from the upper back.
Her chest seems to take up most of her torso, only leaving a small middle, when it is in fact a bit of the opposite.
Oh that! I intentionally drew the chest armor to cover some area of the stomach and again...the lines =/ I need a new pen...

Her knee joints seem to be a bit out of place and almost appear as if they are part of her thigh armor.

LOL? Those are the knee joints? I thought they were the thigh armor. >.<
In addition, Scaleblade's lower legs are much bulkier than the streamlined look you have pictured. Her lower legs make up for the bulk and weight of her alt mode absent in the rest of her design.
Oooooooo....so that's why they're bulky. I thought slim legs look good on her. XD
You definitely have an eye for light sources and shadows.
Really? I thought I had problems with the shading and lighting. >.<

I'm getting a present? O.o YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYY!!!