Second Season Canon Auditions

A section for online Role Playing Games of a Beasties nature.

Moderators: Nurann, Starath, Sinead, Optimal Optimus Primal, Razor One

Optimal Optimus Primal
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
RPG Characters: Optimus Primal, Rattrap, Rhinox, Megatron, Inferno

Second Season Canon Auditions

Unread post by Optimal Optimus Primal »

Any auditions for characters from the show in Season Two go here (as well as canons from the first season who still need a permanent home). When auditioning (writing), please include actions, thoughts, emotions and samples of dialogue. Action sequences and monologuing are ideal for depth as two seperate scenarios/scenes. They should be original writing and NOT taken directly from the show. Auditions will be reviewed and approved or declined by a Moderator. Suggestions, comments and recommendations are welcome from other members. Thank you, and good luck!
"Well, that's just prime!"
Alak
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Unread post by Alak »

Role: Rampage
Player: Alak
Reason for Audition: Both of my canon characters are dead in Season 2. I also like Rampage a lot.

Out of Battle

The radio was silent. The device was always nonfunctional in the ocean, which was why Rampage loved spending as much time as possible in it. The lack of harassment from Megatron was welcomed by the king crab. Being one of the rare transformers to actually function in water, Rampage also enjoyed the considerable amount of space between him and the other Predacons; space between him and the war. Despite being built like a war machine, he had his moments of fatigue from all the fighting. Rampage never understood the purpose of the Maximals and Predacons trying to tear each others' spark apart. It was not like he did not enjoy the battles, but it all seemed so... senseless. Then again, everything Rampage had done could also fit that very same description. Nevertheless, it was times like these where the crab was simply content with resting at the ocean floor. He was away from all the chatter. He was away from all the noise. The silence was indeed golden. Yet, it was never really so.

The voices...

The Predacon exhaled, releasing a stream of bubbles as he did. There was nothing for his audio receptors to pick up aside from the muted sounds of the sea life around him. It was his mind, however, that still bothered him. Every memory and every thought kept him awake.

The voices...

There would be no rest for him. Rampage was undeserving of it. He still remembered everyone he had ever faced. The images of those who he known, alive and dead, were forever branded into his processor. Rampage knew his mind was mad, but that still did not allow his past to cease haunting him. He was unrepentant for his horrific actions, yet, the crab could not help but find himself plagued with a feeling of regret. It was a feeling that was recycled and then amplified with each victim that fell by his hands. These victims would never leave him alone.

Rampage became restless and left his burrow. The schools of fish scattered at the impulsive movement by the enormous metallic monster that had risen from the ocean floor. He now required activity in order to push away his thoughts. The killer needed to do what he did best: kill. Rampage knew the consequences of his actions would only add to his internal torture, but at the same time the very act of murder would be equally gratifying. This was a cycle that he had accepted long ago.

In Battle

One, then two, then three missiles were fired away at the Maximal battle lines. The crab tank continued to plow straight through the environmental barriers as he encroached the enemy's territory. The return fire was fierce, but Rampage's armor was virtually impervious to relatively weak firepower of his foes. His assault was relentless as even more warheads were released into the air. Dirt flew all around him from both factions blasting away at one another. Leading the Predacon invasion, Rampage was naturally the one to take most of the beating. He hardly cared at all for the orchestra of battle was soothing to his spark.

"Ready or not," he taunted.

Without finishing his sentence, the tank broke through the low makeshift wall that the Maximals had set up to defend their territory. Firing off another round of missiles, the Predacon halted in his tracks.

"Rampage," his words seethed, "terrorize!"

The massive vehicle churned with a loud grind as it transformed. Rising to his feet, Rampage looked down on the smaller Maximals and chuckled at their bewildered reactions. He did not know if it was his size or whether it could have been his protruding crab legs, but Primal's crew had always looked up to him an expression of fear. That was fine, he would just feed on their emotions to empower himself. Rampage maniacally laughed as he raised both weapons. War was a brilliant symphony, and he was more than glad to be its conductor. Thunderous booms echoed as volleys of artillery shells blasted away at the Maximals. Even if these pests somehow defeated him, Rampage was sure to rise again to fight another day. He was, after all, eternally fated to do so.
una
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
RPG Characters: Whitegrazer, TyCross, and Blackarachnia

Unread post by una »

Ooooooooo I like your interpretation of Rampage's character. :D
Optimal Optimus Primal
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Excellent, Alak! You make a good point about losing both of your canons in the next season, and since no one else has expressed interest in playing the crab, I accept your audition. Congratulations! :D
Alak
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Unread post by Alak »

Yay, thanks!
WorpeX
Ultra Poster!
Ultra Poster!

Unread post by WorpeX »

Are you planning on being depth charge AND rampage Alak? That might make for some... interesting moments. hahaha
Alak
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Unread post by Alak »

Oh snap, I forgot that I did say that I wanted to audition for Depth Charge a while back. :shock: RPing three aquatic giants... now that would be something lol. The Depth Charge + Rampage posts alone would be quite lengthy enough due to the banter. I still want to do it, but we'll see once Season 3 comes around in about 3-4 years. :D
DarkSpark
Ultra Poster!
Ultra Poster!

Unread post by DarkSpark »

Role: Tarantulas
Player: Dark Spark
Reason for Audition: No other characters to play just yet, canon or OC, and Tarantulas is one of my favorite Preds.

Outside Battle:

Deep within the cavernous confines of his personal lair, the Predacon spider Tarantulas planned his next move and brooded over his ongoing "cold war" with his "leader" Megatron. Megatron no doubt suspected his chief scientist of plotting against him, especially after the incident leading to the recruitment of Inferno. His robot mode's pincers quivered in rage at the mere thought of all that effort wasted with nothing to show for it besides the addition of a new predacon, one who was proving to be even more mindlessly loyal to Megatron than that idiot Scorponok! Fortunately for the clever spider, Megatron's paranoia extended to nearly everyone amongst his collection of cronies, the Tin Tyrant could ill afford to slag every disloyal soldier he had or else he'd be left with no one to command against the Maximals. However, he doubted even Megatron knew the real truth behind his web of treacheries, in all likelyhood the short-sighted saurian thought he was just another pathetic would be usurper of his oh so precious throne.

"Bah! As if anyone would want to rule over such a mismatched menagerie of lunatics and fools, on a filthy dirtclod of a planet like this!" Tarantulas scowled, crushing one of his many Arachnoids underfoot, the tiny drone's legs twitching pitifully in its deaththroes.

The wrathful arachnid was soon disracted from his tantrum by his lair's sensors alerting him to an incoming Maximal stasis pod descending through the planet's atmosphere, estimated drop point in Grid Hydra.

"Well now, escape from this deathtrap of a world may not be beyond my grasp afterall, heh heh...Heh heh heh...MAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!" Tarantulas cackled psychotically as he typed a series of commands into his computer, preparing a magnapulse that would shield this pod's arrival from Megatron and his flunkies yet again...Only this time, he promised himself as he switched into beast mode, he would not lose his prize!

Inside Battle:

Tarantulas traveled swiftly yet silently through the trees of the marshlands that comprised Grid Hydra, avoiding the wet and muddy terrain below, time being a luxury he could ill afford. His beast mode's multitude of green eyes scoured every square inch of the area around him even as his eight legs carried him from one branch to the next. Soon his patience paid off as he was greeted by the sight of the half sunk Maximal stasis pod he'd sought since sneaking out of Predacon territory. Unfortunately, the protoform maximal within the pod had chosen a form and come online, already in robot mode and apparently trying to ascertain where he was and why he was all alone on this primitive world.

"Poor Maximal, all alone and no one to warn you about the energon fields...Or unfriendly wildlife" Tarantulas chuckled to himself as he lowered himself down and well out of sight of his quarry by a thread of webbing, concealing his presence behind a tree as he whispered to himself "Tarantulas Terrorize!"

Switching from beast to bot in a matter of seconds, Tarantulas stifled an evil chuckle as he drew his missile launcher and loaded it with a Cybervenom warhead, his aim being to take out the maximal quickly without damaging the pod, a goal harder to achieve with his machine gun turrets or explosive warheads. The maximal didn't even have time to scream before Tarantulas leaped out from his hiding place and fired his bladed cybervenom warhead into his chestplate, harmful energy visibly coursing through the maximal's form as he fell to his knees from the pain and clutched feebly at the source of the venom afflicting him.

The spider Pred's evil laughter echoed throughout the swamp as he approached his prey, relishing the look of fear and helpless on the maximal's now mudstained face as they met eachother's gaze.

"Now don't give me that look, all you had to do was wait patiently in your pod for me to arrive and I would have reprogrammed you and spared you this sorry fate. Then again, this world's end is near anyway, and only room for one in that pod, so you would have gone offline sooner or later. Too bad, so sad, see you in the pit my unlucky friend, MAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!" Tarantulas laughed as the nameless maximal went offline, never to know the name or motive of his killer.
Optimal Optimus Primal
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Wow, that was evil and sparkless, DarkSpark! :D Nicely written. And since I strive to find players who want to play their favorite canons because it improves the writing of the character, I find your audition acceptable. Please make sure you check with una about the spider's current whereabouts and what he has been up to since she has been playing him ever since NaitoKage's departure. Also read up on some of the game if you haven't already just so you have an idea what's been going on.

Thank you!
DarkSpark
Ultra Poster!
Ultra Poster!

Optimal Optimus Primal wrote:Wow, that was evil and sparkless, DarkSpark! :D Nicely written. And since I strive to find players who want to play their favorite canons because it improves the writing of the character, I find your audition acceptable. Please make sure you check with una about the spider's current whereabouts and what he has been up to since she has been playing him ever since NaitoKage's departure. Also read up on some of the game if you haven't already just so you have an idea what's been going on.

Thank you!

Thanks Optimus! I'm glad you like my portrayal of Tarantulas so much, I was afraid I'd gotten his trademark laugh wrong, dude has the best mad scientist chuckle EVER! :twisted:

I'll contact Una and read up on the most recent game posts, tried checking up on the very beginning of the season 1 finale but maybe I should read the more recent entry first?
Blackrosefencer
Ultra Poster!
Ultra Poster!

Unread post by Blackrosefencer »

Great post Darkspark!! Congratulations!!

Anyway....currently, as I'm sure Una will explain to you, Blackarachnia, Tarantulas and my character, Arachnitron are scheming for a way to leave the planet behind. The spiders are (as in the show) attempting to work together to build some means of leaving the planet. Arachnitron arrived on the planet as a runaway from Cybertron. She hijacked an escape pod to leave Cybertron which crashlanded on earth during her debut episode (the Side Saga episode...also the debut episode of several other OC's) and she intends to trick the other two spiders into helping her repair it so that she can leave the planet. We were using the escape pod, but we were going to have the spiders eventually decide that it is too damaged to repair and will seek alternate means of escape, but that can always be changed. Una can fill you in further....

Una and I have been brainstorming via private message regarding some ideas we've had for the future interactions between Tarantulas and Arachnitron. She or I can forward them to you and you can look over them if you like. You're welcome, of course, to decide not to do it. Tarantulas' actions are based on your interpretation of him, so feel free to rework our ideas or completely scrap them....whichever you deem fit. Let me know if you're interested in taking a look at them.

I'm assuming you'll want to check out my OC's profile since she's interacting with your character right now. Arachnitron has a complicated issue going on with her mind right now. She was an experiment gone wrong, but escaped from the Predacon scientists. They altered her genetic programming so much so that they unintentionally caused some mental issues. Their intention was to create a Hybrid with all the best qualities of each faction, but they ended up causing her personality circuits to overload. She now has three personalities that take turns controlling the body: Predacon, Maximal, and Hybrid programmings. Anyway, if you'd like to read more, her profile is in the character bio thread and there's also one in the character bio season two thread.

Sig by WorpeX.

"Better be prepared for anything
When those demons rise."
(Str8 to the Bottom, Weaving the Fate)
DarkSpark
Ultra Poster!
Ultra Poster!

Blackrosefencer wrote:Great post Darkspark!! Congratulations!!

Anyway....currently, as I'm sure Una will explain to you, Blackarachnia, Tarantulas and my character, Arachnitron are scheming for a way to leave the planet behind. The spiders are (as in the show) attempting to work together to build some means of leaving the planet. Arachnitron arrived on the planet as a runaway from Cybertron. She hijacked an escape pod to leave Cybertron which crashlanded on earth during her debut episode (the Side Saga episode...also the debut episode of several other OC's) and she intends to trick the other two spiders into helping her repair it so that she can leave the planet. We were using the escape pod, but we were going to have the spiders eventually decide that it is too damaged to repair and will seek alternate means of escape, but that can always be changed. Una can fill you in further....

Una and I have been brainstorming via private message regarding some ideas we've had for the future interactions between Tarantulas and Arachnitron. She or I can forward them to you and you can look over them if you like. You're welcome, of course, to decide not to do it. Tarantulas' actions are based on your interpretation of him, so feel free to rework our ideas or completely scrap them....whichever you deem fit. Let me know if you're interested in taking a look at them.

I'm assuming you'll want to check out my OC's profile since she's interacting with your character right now. Arachnitron has a complicated issue going on with her mind right now. She was an experiment gone wrong, but escaped from the Predacon scientists. They altered her genetic programming so much so that they unintentionally caused some mental issues. Their intention was to create a Hybrid with all the best qualities of each faction, but they ended up causing her personality circuits to overload. She now has three personalities that take turns controlling the body: Predacon, Maximal, and Hybrid programmings. Anyway, if you'd like to read more, her profile is in the character bio thread and there's also one in the character bio season two thread.

Cool, thanks BlackRose! I've been swappings notes with Una, and I sent a PM to you as well. Go Spidercons! :twisted:
Alak
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Unread post by Alak »

I'm not sure if he's still planning on participating, but I think Quickstrike may possibly be up for grabs. Although I'm currently maintaining the role, Rhinox is also up for grabs.
Alak
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Unread post by Alak »

So I've been doing more research on Rampage since I'll be his player in Season 2. Here's his toy bio:
The result of an experiment gone awry, Rampage is an evil titan devoid of mercy. Calculating and fearsome, he is a legend among Cybertrons, and it is rumored that his spark cannot be extinguished. In king crab mode Rampage uses his hulking claws to generate colossal tidal waves, induce earthquakes, and trigger landslides. Though his bulk hinders his overall dexterity, Rampage makes good use of his impenetrable armor and multi-weapons arsenal in crab, tank, and robot modes. Galva-conductors on his back channel deadly electric currents that he disperses at will. Rampage customarily activates his gatling cannon to finish off his enemies in a deluge of cluster missiles. All Cybertrons fear his unmatched aggression.
Am I allowed to do this in the game? I promise I won't go all god-mode (much) :twisted:
NaitoKage
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Unread post by NaitoKage »

Tidalwaves.. earthquakes.. and landslides.. You didn't even list the Galva conductors which he never uses in the show. This all sounds from the Manga version of Rampage, is that the japanese toy bio? I mean it even says "Cybertrons" instead of "Cybertronians" and Cybertrons are Autobots/Maximals..

And no, you can't do that. You get a Gatling missile launcher, an assault rifle with a flashlight, a tank mode, and immortality and you'll just have to deal with it.