Second Season Canon Auditions

A section for online Role Playing Games of a Beasties nature.

Moderators: Nurann, Starath, Sinead, Optimal Optimus Primal, Razor One

NaitoKage
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Unread post by NaitoKage »

Megatron is currently being used by Phoenix, so it'd be her choice. I'll probably take up Quickstrike til someone wants him.
DarkSpark
Ultra Poster!
Ultra Poster!

Unread post by DarkSpark »

NaitoKage wrote:Megatron is currently being used by Phoenix, so it'd be her choice. I'll probably take up Quickstrike til someone wants him.

That's cool, just checking, I'll ask Phoenix about it when I get the chance.

BTW, if one were to take on the role of say transmetal terrorsaur, could his toy bio stats be tinkered with so long as they don't go over 50? Or do they need to remain the same as originally described since he's an official character & not an OC? Well, he was on the show, just didn't live long enough to go transmetal lol (when I was a wee kid I LOVED Terrorsaur, was totally blind to all his faults cuz the only thing cooler than pterodactyls were pterodactyls who turn into robots lol...Then I learned how to pay attention to details like character & personality and Megs and Tarantulas took over my interest lol...Dinobot too in regards to the maximals lol).
DarkSpark
Ultra Poster!
Ultra Poster!

Role: Terrorsaur
Player: Dark Spark
Reason for Audition: Having trouble thinking up OCs at the moment, & lets face it, poor Terry deserves a shot at surviving season 2 XD

Outside Battle:

The sky was clear, the sun was shining, and the birds were fleeing for their lives from the red winged horror flying after them! The monster had been chasing their flock for over an hour,taking its sweet time picking off individuals at random, whether they be straggling in back or leading upfront. Nowhere was safe from this beast! And it seemed to delight in rubbing in its aerial superiority over its helpless prey.

"Rawk! Nothing better than fast food on the wing,Waspinator doesn't know what he's missing! Heh heh heh!" Terrosaur crowed, taking unsightly pride in the amount of fear he instilled amongst the frightened geese as he tore through their flock like an arrow, his beak and talons stained with the blood of his victims.

"Now let me see, which of you gets the honor and privilege of being my dessert...Aha! We have a volunteer" Terrorsaur crooned as he spotted one particularly chubby looking goose breaking away from the rest of the flock amidst all the confusion.

The predacon pteranodon immediately broke into a nosedive, musing to himself whether to impale his meal upon his beak, rip it apart with his talons, or just go at it open mouthed, genetically altered teeth bared and ready. However, fate must have been smiling upon that lucky goose, for out of the corner of his beay yellow eye, Terrorsaur spotted a stasis pod coming in for a landing in the forest below.

"Hhrrr...Been a while since one of those blasted pods landed in our territory, Megatron will reward me for retrieving it...Assuming of course I feel like sharing, heh heh heh" Terrorsaur smirked, loving the idea of his own personal underling to serve his every waking whim, Waspinator was dumb but even he couldn't be tricked into anything.

"This must be my lucky day! RRRRAWWWWWKKKK!" he screeched as broke out of his dive and flapped his way over to where his prize had landed, already dreaming dreadful thoughts of being praised & waited on hand and foot by a lovely new female predacon serving bot as King Terrorsaur the First, Once and Future ruler of all Predacons!

The goose was simply grateful to escape alive.

Inside Battle:

The stasis pod's trail wasn't hard to follow, having left a huge scorch mark across the forest floor below.

"I'll have to act fast, no way Megatron didn't notice this mess, he'll be sending the others soon. I can't allow my first minion to be brainwashed by their lies, I saw her...it, first!" Terrorsaur proclaimed, knowing this was his chance to get off to a fresh start with a new predacon who'd know nothing of his embarrassing past attempts at leading the predacons.

"Then again, I've never actually reprogrammed a stasis pod before...Slag it, how hard can it be if those eight-legged freaks can do it?"

"If memory serves, you didn't do so hot last time, needlenose!" mocked a sassy, feminine voice, followed by the distinct sound of missiles cruising through the air...

"RAWK!" Terrorsaur screeched as he performed a barrel roll, barely avoiding being slagged, the maximal projectiles detonating on the ground below even as their owner flew ahead of him.

"Later fossil brain!" teased the ever irritating maximal flyer, Airazor, as she sped onward, her laughter filling Terrorsaur's egotistical mind with angry memories of their first encounter, of how she'd reduced him to spare parts, of how Waspinator took his sweet time salvaging him for several solar cycles, rubbing in how he now knew what it felt like to be blown to scrap...

"Not this time Feather Duster! TERRORSAUR! TERRORIZE!" Terrorsaur screeched in fury, transforming into robot mode and giving chase after his Maximal aerial rival, his jet pack leaving a trail of smoke and fire behind him even as he fired his shoulder mounted missile launchers at her.

"Whoa! Nice try! Oops! Almost! Keep trying!" Airazor taunted, expertly dodging all of Terrorsaur's shots, infuriating him even more.

"Don't worry, I will!" Terrorsaur spat as he drew his pistol and reconfigured it into rifle mode before firing it along with more missiles.

"YIKES! Okay, that was a bit close" Airazor admitted as she barely avoided being shot down by the considerably larger amount of firepower, spinning around to return fire with her wrist missiles.

"Please, I own the skies, Maximal!" Terrorsaur arrogantly proclaimed, showing off some acrobatics of his own as he elegantly dodged Airazor's missiles...Only to come face to face with Airazor herself as she crash tackled him in midair.

"RAWK!" Terrorsaur screamed as they tumbled together through the air, desperately snagging her by the wrists so she couldn't shoot at him.

"Give it up Terry, we both know how our last dance ended, why not sit this one out?" Airazor smirked, confident she could win this freefall wrestling match since he'd dropped his pistol and couldn't fire his missiles at this range without blowing himself up too.

"Heh heh! Look me in the eyes and say that, pretty bird!" Terrorsaur crowed as his normally crimson colored optics glowed purple as he zapped Airazor squared in the face.

"AAAAAAGH!" the Maximal falcon cried out as she released Terrorsaur & spiraled out of control, having forgotten about the predacon's rarely used eye beams, having no choice but to revert back to beast mode & retreat while she made internal repairs.

"YES! YES! I did it! Terrorsaur, KING OF THE AIR! The stasis pod is mine, all mine! Hahahahaha!" the triumphant predacon cheered, pumping his fists into the air in self congratulation.

"You mean the Royalty's stasis pod, traitor!" snarled a regal yet psychotic and all too familiar voice coming from right behind Terrorsaur.

He'd been so busy congratulating himself that he'd failed to notice the approach of Inferno, Megatron's most fanatically loyal and powerful minion, who now had his horrifying flame thrower cannon pointed right at him as he hovered in midair.

Faced with such a fearsome and incorruptible foe, all Terrorsaur could think to say while he awaited "the fires of Inferno" was "Slag."

OOC: Well, that's my Terry audition, hope you guys enjoy it, and if I get the part and decide to have him go transmetal during season 2, am I allowed to tinker with his tech specs and weapons a little as long as they fit the rules for season two power levels? I only ask because we never got to see a transmetal Terrorsaur in action & I know the rule for the tech specs for transmetals is that they can't go over 50.
Alak
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Unread post by Alak »

Well, this certainly saves me the trouble of killing him off. Plus, the Preds need more on their roster for Season 2 anyway. I like your audition, so I'll say that I'd be happy to have you as the player for Terry :D Considering the fact that I haven't been using him for the end of Season 1 (he doesn't have any lines canon-wise), feel free to start posting away if OOP and the others give you the ok.
DarkSpark
Ultra Poster!
Ultra Poster!

Alak wrote:Well, this certainly saves me the trouble of killing him off. Plus, the Preds need more on their roster for Season 2 anyway. I like your audition, so I'll say that I'd be happy to have you as the player for Terry :D Considering the fact that I haven't been using him for the end of Season 1 (he doesn't have any lines canon-wise), feel free to start posting away if OOP and the others give you the ok.

Thanks Alak! And I swear I had no idea you'd been playing as him previously, but I'm glad you're cool with passing him on if OOP is cool with me playing him :D
Optimal Optimus Primal
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
RPG Characters: Optimus Primal, Rattrap, Rhinox, Megatron, Inferno

Unread post by Optimal Optimus Primal »

Very well done audition, DarkSpark! Terrosaur is yours. And, yes, you may reconfigure his specs and make him TM. I'm looking forward to seeing him in season two and how well he fares as a TM. Should be interesting! :D
Considering the fact that I haven't been using him for the end of Season 1 (he doesn't have any lines canon-wise),
That's when I hope creativity shines through with those playing canons. We haven't been playing everything word-for-word, after all.
"Well, that's just prime!"
DarkSpark
Ultra Poster!
Ultra Poster!

Optimal Optimus Primal wrote:Very well done audition, DarkSpark! Terrosaur is yours. And, yes, you may reconfigure his specs and make him TM. I'm looking forward to seeing him in season two and how well he fares as a TM. Should be interesting! :D
Considering the fact that I haven't been using him for the end of Season 1 (he doesn't have any lines canon-wise),
That's when I hope creativity shines through with those playing canons. We haven't been playing everything word-for-word, after all.

Cool! Thanks OOP, I'll try to do Terry justice like I've been trying to do with Legs :D

BTW, what do you think of these possible tech specs for Terry?

strength 7, intelligence 6, speed 10, endurance 5, rank 6, courage 8, firepower 7, skill 7

The specs in total equal 50, and they're basically a hodgepodge of standard Terrorsaur's & Transmetal Terrorsaur's tech specs (his specs are strange in that after becoming a transmetal some of his specs dropped rather than rose, that and alot of his bio didn't match his show portrayal). For transmetal terrorsaur, I was thinking that I could lower his cowardice and raise his bravado, kinda like a repeat of how he behaved after becoming supercharged by the Flying Mountain's energon...Becoming a transmetal convinces terrorsaur that he's one of the "Chosen," that he's now part of an Elite Caste and thus superior to any non-transmetal transformer. In other words, he's braver, but more reckless and full of himself than before, super conceited. He'd still fear the likes of Megatron or Optimus Primal, but he's be more confident and sure himself than before thanks to his ascension to "the next level."

If you rather, I can play with the specs a bit more if ya think that doesn't work, like I can swap some numbers around before its made official. The toy bio mentions him having stronger armor than before, so I could exchange the 5 for another number if ya rather...I wanna make him braver and more effective of a threat than before, in a way at least...Like his new form makes him more sure of himself & vicious during battle because now he's higher tech than the average transformer (he's obviously not invincible, but the idea is that he's convinced himself he is, so maybe its more of a crutch or self-delusion, like he's still the same bastard deep down inside but he's convinced himself that he's not). Lemme know what ya think, its tough since his toy bio and his show bio are totally different from each other.

As for weapons, I figure eye beams, shoulder launchers, and his transmetal wing blades & claws featured in the toy would be good enough for his new arsenal (replacing the shape shifting hand held laser gun), the toy bio also mentions enhanced armor...Again, something to consider if I increase his endurance or something.
Phoenix
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
RPG Characters: Nemesis,Aurora,Zodiac

Unread post by Phoenix »

;) I foresee some friction between Nemesis and the new Terrorsaur, given the fact they are both fast fliers with the same rank.

It'll be good to finally see ol' Terry in action though! He's been far too neglected this entire season (and he was one of the 'instant likes' I had among the beast war characters in the show.)

If I may suggest, however, I think TM Terrorsaur's armor rating should be increased by a little. It'll make him tougher in battle.
DarkSpark
Ultra Poster!
Ultra Poster!

Phoenix wrote:;) I foresee some friction between Nemesis and the new Terrorsaur, given the fact they are both fast fliers with the same rank.

It'll be good to finally see ol' Terry in action though! He's been far too neglected this entire season (and he was one of the 'instant likes' I had among the beast war characters in the show.)

If I may suggest, however, I think TM Terrorsaur's armor rating should be increased by a little. It'll make him tougher in battle.

No worries, I welcome any critiques or advice, what numbers would you suggest I swap to raise his armor rating if I were to do so?

I was a HUGE Terrorsaur fan as a kid myself, loved all the prehistoric reptile characters on the show.
Phoenix
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
RPG Characters: Nemesis,Aurora,Zodiac

Unread post by Phoenix »

Hmm.. Speed and courage, perhaps, but by no more than a point each just to give him a tougher skin so that he is physically able to withstand some beating. But it's really up to you. :) You don't have to change anything if you don't want to. I just thought that maybe he could benefit from having a slightly higher armor rating given his tendency to attract unwanted attention.
DarkSpark
Ultra Poster!
Ultra Poster!

Phoenix wrote:Hmm.. Speed and courage, perhaps, but by no more than a point each just to give him a tougher skin so that he is physically able to withstand some beating. But it's really up to you. :) You don't have to change anything if you don't want to. I just thought that maybe he could benefit from having a slightly higher armor rating given his tendency to attract unwanted attention.

I see what ya mean totally, just trying to figure out where to switch the numbers around if transmetals can only have a combined tech spec point ratio of 50, unless I'm mistaken? just making sure I'm following the gameplay rules
Wildfire94
RPG Characters: Onyx, Quickfix, Cheetor, Tarantulas, Quickstrike

Unread post by Wildfire94 »

Role:Cheetor
Player:Wildfire
Reason for Audition:Considering this tabby needs a new home though I might as well try

Outside of Battle:
A soft sigh escaped the transmetal cheetah, currently flying across Maximal territory as part of routine patrols that required watching out for the bothersome Predacons. Right now though he truly wished there was a battle or something going on, maybe even a run in with the usually obnoxious Waspinator would make this patrol heck of a lot better. The young cheetah was was bored out of his processor flying way out there with no action and all alone with nothing or no one to occupy his time with

Soon his mind began to wander, wandering to his usual daydreams of the other Maximals acknowledging him as more than a kid to defeating the Predacons single handedly and finally finishing them off for good. At one point his mind went to someday being able to return to Cybertron, and the first thing he'd certainly do is take time to go to Six Lasers Over Cybertron to have a little R and R. Who knows, maybe he could get some of the others to come along too. It couldn't be that hard to convince them right? Least not all of them. But it was wishful thinking and all fantasies that never seemed like they would come true any time soon. Sometimes being the youngest might have it's perks but at other times he still wished he could prove to the other Maximals he wasn't just a kid. Cheetor knew for a fact he was capable of great things and obviously the others could see that too, least he knew they might. Optimus sure did at times despite there being many a times he had disobeyed the gorilla earlier in the war.

That train of thought was broken however when Cheetor suddenly heard his com-link go off, making him realize he had wandered off his original course and quickly corrected himself. "Cheetor here, what's up Big Bot?"He inquired, continuing his flight path as he was told about some possible Predacon activity and asked to check it out. "On my way!"The transmetal feline said excitedly, quickly turning his jets to maximum burn and banking hard to the right to head to the potential activity. "Now this is what I've been waiting for! Good bye boring patrol, hello Preds!"He spoke out to himself.

Sure he didn't quite know what to expected but Cheetor was more than ready to take down even Megatron, he was always ready! The cheetah was even confident enough he might be able to handle the situation himself before any back up came at all. This thought certainly appealed to the young Maximal and he was already giddy about finally seeing another chance to prove his worth.

In Battle:
Cheetor ducked down behind a rock, avoiding oncoming fire from their Predacons foes who he hadn't expected would really be defending the jamming tower. It had seemed easy enough from a distance, no Preds around, tower unguarded, a swift land and some shots from his head plasma blaster would have been easy enough. How wrong the spotted feline had been for soon as he had landed he'd barely had a chance to transform before three of the Predacons began to open fire and coming from their hiding spots where from the air it had not been possible to see them unless he had really looked. His overconfidence had yet again caused him to get in tough situation. "And here I thought this would be an easy job."Cheetor muttered to himself before turning back to bring his hands together and began firing as many shots as he could before having to duck down once more.

Problem was the boulder he used for cover would last only so long before there was nothing left and he had no way of contacting base until he took out that tower. Unless one of the Maximals showed up soon by chance he was a sitting duck. Come on Cheetor your no scaredy cat,I know I can take them!,Cheetor thought to himself, trying to bring back his previous courage and pushing aside the growing worry and fear he might end up overpower. If he wanted to prove himself he had to be tough! He had to fight back!

Taking a deep breathe the young Maximal finally hopped up and began charged from around his barrier, bringing his hands together to begin firing from the two halves of his beast mode's heads. His fire was seemingly at random as he targeted all three of his aggressors but this seemingly random firing was a lot more than what it seemed. Much of his fire was actually aimed towards the tower itself, aiming to take it out while also taking care of the Predacons attempting to guard it. And it seemed Cheetor finally struck some luck, one of his shots was well aimed at last and fired towards the console and to the horrified Predacons everything seemed to go in slow motion as the green colored plasma hit it's mark. As Cheetor grinned in delight of his success he also began to realize the console was sparking heavily, a little more then he wanted it too and he soon was backing up the same time as the three Preds who all tried to duck for cover.

But it was too late, the console blew just a few nanoclicks after it was hit causing a decent sized explosion that sent all four beast bots flying and Cheetor yelling as he sailed through the air in some unknown direction. "Flight mode!"Cheetor tried to command as he was still soaring over some plateaus and shifting into beast mode before his rockets flipped out from either side. "Jets On...Oof!"His attempts to correct himself in mid-air was a futile one, the transmetal cheetah slamming into the side of one of the cliffs spread eagle and leaving an imprint of his form into the rock face before slipping down the side like one of those cartoon characters who hit glass before flopping onto a ledge below. Now all Cheetor could see were stars floating about his head, growling in pain as he tried to correct himself, "Never want to fly like that again...ugh..."A few wobbly steps and finally the feline flopped back down, disoriented and needing a moment to fully get his wits about him and unknowing if the Predacons may be close by.

------------------

Since no one seems to have yet wanted to take up Cheetor, least I don't think anyone has, I decided I'd give another try with a canon and this time being the only Tabby who lands on his head. :lol: Hopefully this is okay, because honestly this might be easy since my OC Silverstreak is kinda in the same age-range as Cheetor so this might not be that difficult.
Alak
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Unread post by Alak »

I actually already volunteered to take up Cheetor for Season 2 in Blazemane's indefinite absence, but if you'd like to play him then by all means go for it :D
Wildfire94
RPG Characters: Onyx, Quickfix, Cheetor, Tarantulas, Quickstrike

Unread post by Wildfire94 »

Oh, sorry about that Alak! I guess I missed that somewhere or accidently overlooked it. If your still wanting to play him that's fine, I just thought to offer an audition just in case if not I'll have my go at him.
Optimal Optimus Primal
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
RPG Characters: Optimus Primal, Rattrap, Rhinox, Megatron, Inferno

Unread post by Optimal Optimus Primal »

Great audition, Wildfire! Thank you. I'm looking for someone who's a little more reliable to play him since Cheetor is a fun character and one with a lot of development, not to mention his bond with Optimus. So he's yours if you want him.

Sorry, Alak. I need to see more activity from you with Orcariner (whom I love and miss in the game right now) before you should add one of the major characters to your list. Get crackin'! :wink:
"Well, that's just prime!"