Guess the gender #2!

Where you can post announcements and other cool things. Doesn't have to be BW-related.

Moderators: Nurann, Starath, Sinead, Optimal Optimus Primal, Razor One

What gender will #2 be..?

It will be another boy!
9%
Time to break out the pink stuff! It's a girl this time!
91%

Total votes: 11

Phoenix
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
RPG Characters: Nemesis,Aurora,Zodiac

Guess the gender #2!

Unread post by Phoenix »

Wow, I certainly wasn't expecting to be making having a baby into a yearly phenomenon! Well, after this second one I think I deserve a long rest from populating the world. :p

Anyways, for the first born (my son), I posted a poll so people could guess the gender. Following that tradition I'm posting one for this developing baby as well. It will be another month before we (hopefully) find out the gender through the ultrasound, so curious to see what gender the members here think it'll be this time.
Optimal Optimus Primal
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
RPG Characters: Optimus Primal, Rattrap, Rhinox, Megatron, Inferno

Unread post by Optimal Optimus Primal »

Fingers still crossed for a baby girl! ^^
"Well, that's just prime!"
una
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
RPG Characters: Whitegrazer, TyCross, and Blackarachnia

Unread post by una »

I'm guessing the baby will be a girl!! :D
Blackrosefencer
Ultra Poster!
Ultra Poster!

Unread post by Blackrosefencer »

Wow....I'm the only one that said "boy" so far. I read once that once you have a baby of one gender, your chances to have another child of that same gender go up. I mean obviously there are exceptions....my mom had me and then Worpex next. So obvious exception there. But both of my grandmothers had three children a piece. Paternal grandmother: Girl, boy, boy in that order. Maternal grandmother: Boy, girl, girl in that order. According to the research on the subject, if both had had another child, my paternal grandmother would have had a boy and my maternal grandmother, a girl. But, I mean, like I said....there are obvious exceptions and genetics isn't always cut and dry like that.

But I still vote boy!

Sig by WorpeX.

"Better be prepared for anything
When those demons rise."
(Str8 to the Bottom, Weaving the Fate)
Phoenix
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Unread post by Phoenix »

Actually with the second child there is a 50/50 chance if you'll have another boy or a girl. It is once you reach three children that the numbers start changing. Strange, I know.

Personally I am hoping for a girl this round, given the fact I don't really plan on having any more children and I am absolutely surrounded by boys in my life.. All of our close friends are male, and in our household obviously my hubby, our son, and our male dog. I really want a little girl I can doll up and such.

Having said that another boy would be okay too. My little son is the most precious thing in my life and he is so sweet.. But little boys will grow up one day, and since daddy is more into the whole 'rough-housing' stuff than me, I imagine he'll be the 'fun' parent. Having another boy will also solve the space issue we'll be having with one of each gender and only 3 bedrooms in the house, since we'd like to keep a guest bedroom available. We didn't really take this into consideration when we bought the house earlier this year, since we were thinking short-term and were not planning on another child so soon.

The genders of some of my closer relatives have been:

Sister + brother (twins)

Sister had girl first, then boy.
Brother had girl first and girl second.
I had boy first, then.. who knows.

Cousin #1 (twin): Female with daughter plus son
Cousin #2 (other twin): Female with with daughter plus son
Cousin #3: Female with son
Cousin#4: Male with son

Seems in my family at least most have one of each. But with Alex I had this unexplained sensation it was going to be a boy. I'm much more insecure about my instincts on this one. It won't be the end of the world if it's one or the other, but Nick's mother has ALWAYS wanted a little girl as well so I think she's also influenced my thinking a bit. I already seem to be one of the odd ones out given I had a boy first and I'm having another child (something the two cousins with boys haven't done). So it'll be exciting to see in a month.
Blazemane
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Unread post by Blazemane »

I say girl. I think I said girl last time, so I'd rather be wrong about her being a girl again then be wrong about him being a boy because I jumped ship.

And for many years, I think a boy and a girl can share rooms. My parents had 10 kids, and we were all living in the same house for a while- it was also a 3 bedroom house.

We improvised. Set up a wooden wall in the basement, moved into the back "porch"- Billy got stuffed into a closet for a few months...

O.k, so that last one was a joke. His name is actually George.

But in all seriousness, there were the four youngest of us in the same bedroom for a number of years. Two of my brothers, one of my sisters and me. And I remember it appreciatively.

Obviously do what you want. And I agree that if you want separate rooms for separate genders, then the guest room will be a worthy sacrifice. But from personal experience, room sharing isn't bad. We did, of course, have to move into separate rooms as we got older...
I understand... you are, after all, a predacon.

[img]http://www.bwint.net/memberfanclubterrorsaur.jpg[/img] [img]http://www.bwint.net/bannersbfanclub2.jpg[/img]
Darkshadow14
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Unread post by Darkshadow14 »

Congrats hoping for a girl!
Phoenix
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Unread post by Phoenix »

I see an overwhelming amount of you thought it was a girl (aside from one person who voted another boy). Well.. I got the ultrasound results yesterday. Aaand.. it's a girl!!

Seems both of blackrosefencer's grandparents had opposite genders for the first and second one, and third one was a repeat of #2. From the statistics I saw there is a 50/50 chance of opposite gender for the second one, and the numbers then start changing from there on.
Darkshadow14
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

CONGRATS PHOENIX!!!

Yay I was guessing a girl too! Names picked out yet?! :)
Phoenix
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Unread post by Phoenix »

Girl names are actually a LOT more difficult to pick out than boy names.. The hubby and I have completely different opinions of names, and then the grandparents started butting in too.. lol

Personally I have fallen for the name Isabella. No, not because of the Twilight movies. :p My sister gave her daughter the middle name Isabell almost 13 years ago and I have wanted to name my daughter (if I ever had one) Isabella ever since. Other names that I adore are Cassandra, Angela, Samantha, Stephanie, and Adrianna.. Guess I just like longer names. My hubby's step-brother named his daughter Samantha as a first name though, so it might be a bit close within the family.

My hubby likes names like Ashley, Sarah (which happened to be his ex-gf's name and I know too many intimate details from their relationship to keep my stomach from turning if even considering naming our daughter that), and Jennifer (fairly nice but it just doesn't feel 'right' to me).

Then the grandmother came with her input of names like Julia, Veronica, and Victoria.

So .. we're at a stand-still and are very open to suggestions. Personally I seem to like longer feminine names, often ending with the letter 'a'. He has family in Poland, my family is from Scandinavia, so it's also relatively important to me that the name can be used internationally. And it would be nice if the name sort of fit with our son Alexander's name too. It's tough!
Darkshadow14
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Have you ever thought of combining your name as well as your husbands? I know it only works a handful of times? So that may not be a good option, but may want to try it. I like unique names, but then have to think how is your child going to like it later on in life. Your names are very pretty.

Sometimes you need to wait to see. You may have to wait til you see your daughter, and then name her. My real name is Jessica-BLA. I think I look nothing like a Jessica, or a Jessie.

And then I suppose coming up with names, at least to me are somewhat easy. But I don't have any children yet, and I'm sure when the time comes none of them will sound good enough. Or I will just want to pick out all new names.

Good luck though!
Phoenix
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Unread post by Phoenix »

The only problem with waiting until baby is born is that a name is needed for the birth certificate and such. Not sure how well combining our names would work in this case. Mine is Sunniva, his is Dominick. But for some it works well, I know.
Blazemane
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Unread post by Blazemane »

Hah. I win!

Eh hem. What I meant was congratulations!
I understand... you are, after all, a predacon.

[img]http://www.bwint.net/memberfanclubterrorsaur.jpg[/img] [img]http://www.bwint.net/bannersbfanclub2.jpg[/img]
Blackrosefencer
Ultra Poster!
Ultra Poster!

Unread post by Blackrosefencer »

Phoenix wrote: My hubby likes names like Ashley, Sarah (which happened to be his ex-gf's name and I know too many intimate details from their relationship to keep my stomach from turning if even considering naming our daughter that), and Jennifer (fairly nice but it just doesn't feel 'right' to me).
One of those is mine!

It doesn't feel "right" to me either.... I despise my name. It's so plain and boring. I'd have gone with Angela myself, but you don't get to name yourself... :-P

I also like Kira for a girl. In one of the fiction pieces I'm working on, the main character's name is Jessamy. You can feel free to use that if you want. I stole it. I've also used the names: Skyler, Gianna, and Mea as character names if you like any of those.

I still say it'll be a boy. Ultra sounds can be wrong! :wink:

Sig by WorpeX.

"Better be prepared for anything
When those demons rise."
(Str8 to the Bottom, Weaving the Fate)
Optimal Optimus Primal
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
RPG Characters: Optimus Primal, Rattrap, Rhinox, Megatron, Inferno

Unread post by Optimal Optimus Primal »

CONGRATULATIONS, PHOENIX AND WARWULF! That's so wonderful! I don't know what else to say that I didn't already say on FB. :lol: Except that I won the poll, too! :P
"Well, that's just prime!"