Football Thread

Where you can post announcements and other cool things. Doesn't have to be BW-related.

Moderators: Nurann, Starath, Sinead, Optimal Optimus Primal, Razor One

Alak
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Unread post by Alak »

I'll just say this: the lions have a better than of going to the Super Bowl than any of my favorite teams. WorpeX's team will never make it to the Super Bowl :lol: (sorry, buddy, just had to throw that out there).
Alak
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Unread post by Alak »

*clears throat*

TEEEEEEBOWWW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D
Blazemane
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Unread post by Blazemane »

The Lions' game yesterday was nerve-wracking. I don't like the way it ended, though.
TEEEEEEBOWWW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D
We didn't get the game on our t.v. or I might have seen what you're shouting for, but I've heard the Broncos won in overtime.
I understand... you are, after all, a predacon.

[img]http://www.bwint.net/memberfanclubterrorsaur.jpg[/img] [img]http://www.bwint.net/bannersbfanclub2.jpg[/img]
Blackrosefencer
Ultra Poster!
Ultra Poster!

Unread post by Blackrosefencer »

@ Blaze: Yeah. I'm disappointed that the Lions didn't do better too. I was rooting for them. I put Calvin Johnson on my Playoff fantasy roster thinking they'd have a better game. If I had drafted Robert Meachem, the Lions would have won. Story of my life. But surprisingly enough "Megatron" earned 33 points even though the Lions didn't win. So no big loss there.

And yes, the Broncos won....that's what he's shouting for....

BOOO!!! HISS!!!! GO BRADY!!! I can't believe I just said that.... :-P

Anyway, the Steelers were bound to lose at some point this post season. What's the difference if we lose this weekend or next weekend? There's no way we could have held up against the Patriots. Our starting players are so banged up and our secondary players would not have been able to pull off a win against Brady and the other Patriots. Maybe if one or two secondaries had been in play, but almost our entire defensive lineup were second or third string players making rookie mistakes and letting the other team make too many big plays.

At any rate, now our starters have the opportunity to re-cooperate and get healthy. And they need to learn how to adapt to their situation. Ben plays better out of the pocket and if he were healthy, he could maneuver around and avoid the sack. He could take more risks and make some bigger plays. Since he couldn't do that because of his injury, the linebackers should have compensated and protected him better. And when plays weren't working, changes should have been made accordingly instead of trying it over and over again. Not to mention the bungled plays by Legursky and Coutchery and other secondary players. It was their big chance to make an impression and they messed up. And I'm really surprised they didn't let Suisham try the field goal kick at the end.

But anyway...it was a good season. I'm still a proud Steelers fan and I think I'm going to wear my Steelers jewelry tomorrow to work in honor of a job well done!

And I'm now rooting for the Texans. If the Steelers can't make it to Superbowl, I'd rather see a team get in that has never been there before instead of one that is on their third or fourth trip in. Sooooo GO TEXANS!!

Sig by WorpeX.

"Better be prepared for anything
When those demons rise."
(Str8 to the Bottom, Weaving the Fate)
Alak
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Unread post by Alak »

Blackrosefencer wrote:BOOO!!! HISS!!!! GO BRADY!!! I can't believe I just said that.... :-P
:o

lol I guess it's obvious who I'm rooting for.