An interesting transformers/halo debate

Where you can post announcements and other cool things. Doesn't have to be BW-related.

Moderators: Nurann, Starath, Sinead, Optimal Optimus Primal, Razor One

Can the Flood from Halo infect a transformer?

Yes!
No votes
I'm not sure...
20%
No.
80%

Total votes: 5

starshadow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

An interesting transformers/halo debate

Unread post by starshadow »

LOL if anyone who doesn't know anything about halo, please ignore this. Hello Halo fans!
Okay so my friend and I had an interesting debate about Halo's Flood infecting Cybertronians and then I got lost while explaining(I'm not really into Halo). So, I promised I'll give him an answer...with some help from you guys. (Yes I'm cheating)

The question is on the poll so...

My Statement: (Bold text is what my friend said)

No. The Flood are only able to infect organics like humans since we are soft and squishy and easy to penetrate through. Transformers...they are made up of metal and I don't think they are ordinary metal so it might be possible that a Flood can't penetrate through their armor. Well...it depends on the armor's thickness and material(like alloy or titanium). IF they managed to get inside a Transformer body, it can't mind control it because the "brain" of a Transformers works like a computer but with more features. To control it, you need to reprogram it through another computer which I don't think the parasites would find those in a battlefield and I don't think the parasites are that smart to use a computer. When it comes to infected unorganic things like the High Charity ship, it's impossible to totally mutate the material itself. (I assume) It can only cover up the material with it's own substance and it hardens into a wall like the Xenomorph hive, or it grows on the structure. If not, it grows into a structure itself like moss growing on a stone.

The Summarized Convo:

The Transformer Brain isn't exactly like a computer. It's way more complex.
Maybe.

It's a living brain, even Gravemind could control an AI like Cortana.
...Cortana can only be controlled through a computer..like how a Transformer can be reprogramed through a computer. To do that, the parasites need a computer.

But Gravemind could just order the parasite to reprogram the Transformer with the other Flood minions and tell them how to reprogram.
Well.. Do they have fingers to do the job? And why would Gravemind waste his time telling idiots to reprogram a robot step by step?

Besides, when a human or an elite is infected...they immediately loose their brain cells and all memories, then become a flood for life. Basically the flood destroys those memories and replaces them wit the graveminds thoughts.
True for humans but not for a machine. How does an organic parasite replace a robots mind with its master who's located far away?

For a cybertronian to be infected isnt all different, they infect the brain and completely mutate it till it ceases its function.
Impossible. Unless the infection is non-organic, similar to the Netherzarian "infection".

The flood reanimate the body from there like any other organism.
It grows on the organism. It can't mutate something that is non organic. Besides, it needs lotsa parasites to lift up a hundreds of tons from a Transformers weight. If not, it is impossible due to gravity.

And think bout this...if flood can puncture through high resiliant spartan mjolnir armor, they can penetrate cybertronian armor?
It depends on the material of the armor and it's thickness. Besides, I don't think Cybertronians are made up with ordinary metal.(So I can't argue with that.)

So...That's where I got lost and confused with all the lines. I'm still not convinced that a Transformer can be infected.

What do you guys think? Share your views! :D
NaitoKage
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Unread post by NaitoKage »

Transformers are made of a living metal and have a "CNA" instead of "DNA", however it would be difficult for a gravemind aka the flood to infect, but not impossible. There are rare situations which this could happen. Examples are as follows.

Headmasters: The US and part of the japanese universe of headmasters are depicted as this.

US version: Headmasters are robot who's heads have been removed and binarybonded to a organic lifeform like a human or nebulan, combining the minds of the two together into a cybernetic creature with power armor and so on. In this case, yes the Headmaster could be taken over by the flood as can Spartans which are basically the same, cyborgs.

Japanese version: The "Headmaster jr" line are basically children with power armor that lets them combine with a transector to become a transformer, if the flood gets the kid, they can be converted into said monster.

Other means of converting a cybertronian into a flood comes from Beast machines, due to their highly techno-organic nature could be infected by the Flood and taken over. And with a Techno Organic cybertron, it would probably easily take over Cybertron til it reached the core and tried to affect Vector Sigma/Primus.. then probably be destroyed by trying to absorb a god.

As for your Netherzarian virus, I assumed that was like any other cybertronian disease, as there alot of metal conditions and sicknesses Cybertronians can get. You see, under normal circumstances Cybertronians can't rust, so specific diseases are typically a rust disorder. So I assume your virus mutates the super structure and causes disorders with their fuel systems.. while having other effects similar to Dark energon from TF Prime.. since you mention them becoming monsters if they fail. Ah.. be so much easier to take care of that problem if Big Convoy just showed up and started shooting everything with his Matrix cannon.. :P
starshadow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Hmm.. Headmasters and Beast machines..i can agree with that since their bodies are partially organic. But when it comes to G1 or armada, how does the flood infect and take control of a Transformer's mind?
Phoenix
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
RPG Characters: Nemesis,Aurora,Zodiac

Unread post by Phoenix »

I don't think the flood does take control over a G1 style robot.. The flood went after organics after all, thus why the halo rings were designed as a weapon to destroy the food source of the flood.. meaning all organic life. A G1 style robot probably would not have been affected, even if the Halo universe and the TF universe was to combine somehow.

However I think there was something similar in the tf saga called the Swarm, which would devour robots in its/their path.
NaitoKage
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Ah the Swarm.. Apparently by Wiki.. it's classified as a transformer Cancer. I agree.. it WAS a cancer.. :P (Only Phoenix will get that.)
The origin of the swarm was revealed in the Generation 2 comic series. When the Transformers were first created by the god of light, Primus, they originally had the ability to undergo binary division, to split into two separate organisms. After the Cybertronian population reached a certain size, a command implanted by Primus caused them to lose the ability to reproduce and to forget that they had ever been able to.

At the end of the Great War, after Optimus Prime and Megatron had left Cybertron for Earth, a group of Decepticons also abandoned their home world for deep space. They went about conquering other planets and terraforming them into "little Cybertrons". At some point, these "Generation 2"(G2) Decepticons rediscovered the process of binary reproduction and used it as a tool to expand their armies.

Each split produced a small flying mass of Cybertronian genetic material that was not unlike cancer. In low levels, the flying cancer dissipated on its own. Unfortunately, the use of the binary reproduction was far more regular than Primus had originally ordained. The cancerous by-product formed into a massive cloud, and eventually gained some appearance of an overall sentience, despite no true central intelligence. At this point, the mass of robotic organisms descended on various worlds, consuming all metallic and organic materials, leaving only dead husks behind.

The Swarm, after attacking and devouring several Gen 2 Decepticon groups, absorbed their last orders - to head to Earth. Jhiaxus's command to attack Earth undid the last chance of stopping the Swarm peacefully, which then proceeded to attack all combatants, whether G2 Decepticon or G1 Transformers, devouring Jhiaxus himself. Optimus Prime realised the only way to stop it was to purify it with the power of the Matrix and the peaceful intentions stored within. Prime willingly offered himself to it, and his desire for peace, along with the power of the Matrix, purified the Swarm of its aggressive intentions, giving it a purpose. The Swarm is last seen traveling off into space, having rebuilt Optimus Prime as a parting gift.

It has been implied by Beast Wars story editor Larry DiTillio that the mysterious Vok from Beast Wars are an evolution of the Swarm, resulting from the power of the Matrix.

So.. yeah, that's how transformer babies were first made.
Optimal Optimus Primal
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
RPG Characters: Optimus Primal, Rattrap, Rhinox, Megatron, Inferno

Unread post by Optimal Optimus Primal »

It has been implied by Beast Wars story editor Larry DiTillio that the mysterious Vok from Beast Wars are an evolution of the Swarm, resulting from the power of the Matrix.
Really? That's actually quite interesting. I rather like that idea.

By the way, I hate the Flood, so I think TFs would destroy them. And then the Grunts will celebrate as they implode with confetti. :lol:
"Well, that's just prime!"
starshadow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Okaayyyy...I'm lost at The Swarm part. So these robot organisms actual purpose was to create TF babies. BUT, but because of some "geniuses" of a con, the little tiny bots purpose changed and it becomes a plague with only one purpose, to eat and destory blah blah. Am I right?

@ OOP: Me too. I used to hide behind the chair when I was a lil kid while my bro was playing halo, the first Flood appearance.
NaitoKage
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Er.. no. Basically think of it more like this.. and this is going to get gross.

Basically when a transformer reproduced for comics back then, it would split in half with another transformer coming out of it screaming and kicking.. as a full grown adult lifeform.

Primus shut this ability off because he didn't want anymore transformers being made. The transformers were developed as a sort of defense only to fight Unicron, they had no purpose in life other then that, which they didn't even know. He basically created an army of ants to fight his battle for him.

The G2 Decepticons figured out a way to turn this ability on, but it didn't work exactly right, and the byproduct.. which you could consider like the byproduct of giving birth (many fluids, placenta, umbilical cord and so on) more or less ended up into a massive living cancerous pile of flying blob that ate and destroyed everything in it's way. integrating things to itself much like the Flood did.
starshadow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Wow.. it's like an insect! Eww but wow..