Western Black Rhinoceros Extinct

Have you got some cool BW links to tell us about? How about your own website? Let us know here!

Moderators: Nurann, Starath, Sinead, Optimal Optimus Primal, Razor One

Optimal Optimus Primal
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
RPG Characters: Optimus Primal, Rattrap, Rhinox, Megatron, Inferno

Western Black Rhinoceros Extinct

Unread post by Optimal Optimus Primal »

Africa's Western black rhino is now officially extinct. Shame on the human race. This should not be happening. Ever. To any species on this planet.

Read the article here.
"Well, that's just prime!"
una
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
RPG Characters: Whitegrazer, TyCross, and Blackarachnia

Unread post by una »

That's terrible. :cry: Shame indeed. :evil: SHAME!!!!!
Sapphire
Site Admin

Unread post by Sapphire »

Found out about this at a convention. As a person who grew up in Africa, I can say that it breaks my heart to know that we failed to save this animal. As a child we were told in school by travelling conservationists, as well as by game rangers during safaris, that we all needed to pitch in to save this rhino. That was 15 years ago...and now it's gone. Here in Australia the koala is likely to be extinct in the state of Queensland in the next decade. In fact, half of mammal extinctions in the past 200 years have taken place in Australia (a really disgusting statistic- thanks British colonialists!). The Blue Whale, Earth's largest mammal, has too few numbers to reproduce and will go extinct shortly. National Geographic and other conservationist magazines and journals say the next 50 years will see the largest scale extinction since the dinosaurs. So we better get used to articles like this.

In case anyone missed it, I'm REALLY bitter about this sort of thing. -_-