Character Bios [S2]

A section for online Role Playing Games of a Beasties nature.

Moderators: Nurann, Starath, Sinead, Optimal Optimus Primal, Razor One

WorpeX
Ultra Poster!
Ultra Poster!

Unread post by WorpeX »

Alak wrote:The stat change was actually meant to put OCs on a closer playing field to the canon characters. There are some exceptions, but those characters end up dying (Airazor), end up upgrading (Blackarachnia), or end up being universal punching bags (Waspinator). OOP is a moderator here, so if she says Airazor is going to live then we'd might as well upgrade the character to TM as soon as Season 2 begins. I don't know if this means Tigatron will be doing the same, though. I guess since OOP is playing him, she'll get to decide his fate.
But BA doesn't get an upgrade until S3, we're talking about S2 here. She should get the bonus also. Same goes for Waspinator. Also, as Airazor's player, I have no desire at all to have her go TM. Her TM form is really ugly... Tigatron's is equally terrible, but I don't know what OOP would want to do. Technically, Waspinator could go TM also...
Night-Hunter
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
Location: Looking for my sanity... *sigh* Still can't find it.

Unread post by Night-Hunter »

I think Waspinator is find the way he is.
"The enemy of my enemy is my bro."
WorpeX
Ultra Poster!
Ultra Poster!

Unread post by WorpeX »

Night-Hunter wrote:I think Waspinator is find the way he is.
Me two. :D Same with Airazor and Tigatron. I just think they should get the small stat buff so they can keep up.
Alak
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Unread post by Alak »

Well Blazemane (a.k.a. - "staff") just gave the ok on it a few posts back. If the respective players of the canon characters want to go +3, then by all means do it to it.
WorpeX
Ultra Poster!
Ultra Poster!

Unread post by WorpeX »

Sorry, I don't actually know who staff is here... I always thought it was NK, OOP and you (Alak). :roll:

Anyway, thanks for clearing that up. XD Here would be her change. Her firepower is obnoxiously low... gonna just use all the points to fix that. haha I like the rest of her stats.

Name: Airazor
Strength: 6.0
Intelligence: 7.0
Speed: 9.0
Endurance: 5.0
Courage: 7.0
Firepower: 4.0 +3 : 7.0
Skill: 7.0

Also, for reference, other Canon characters (that wont be going TM or dying) have the follow points at the moment (before any change):
Waspinator: 46
Inferno: 42 (What the hell? Why's he so low!)
BA: 44
Dinobot: 57
Rhinox: 51
Tigatron: 52

It seems our Preds need a serious buff. haha.
Night-Hunter
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Name: Sonar

Allegiance: Predacons

Function: Ninja warrior, crazed scientist, predacon spy

Beast Mode: Image

Height: 6’3” robot mode

Quote: "Watch your back because you might become my next victim" or “I have nothing to lose, while you on the other hand has every thing to lose.” *creepy Joker smile*

Strength: 7

Intelligence: 9

Speed: 6

Endurance: 7

Courage: 7

Firepower: 5

Skill: 7

Weapons: (Robot mode) 2x automatics, sniper rifle, his claws, sonic blasts, and forearms blades ( http://cdn.tfw2005.com/transformers-new ... 607413.jpg )
In beast mode: His jaws, stealth, and Sonic blasts

Abilities: Sonic blasts and the abilty to send out waves of continuous sounds giving him 180 degree wide spread of every thing around him, while his optics are closed, this can only be done when he's in robot form.

Weaknesses: Sudden bright light hurts his eyes, his paranoia; it makes him reckless but it also makes him dangerous and unpredictable. His sadistic nature can be used against him, when he torturing some one, he focuses on what he’s doing and forgets about every thing around him. While he's sending out continuous waves of sound, his back is vulnerable because the waves of sound are weaker, so should you wish to attack him while he's doing that, his only blind spot is right behind him. Should you attack from the sky he wouldn't see it coming until it was to late, so he also vulnerable from air attacks as he sends out coninuous waves of sound.

Bio: Sonar was the one who talked Saber into retiring so it would make it easier for him to work with her, he was more then willing to help the former general as long as she kept her mouth shut and do what she was told, other wise he would rat her out to the Maximal elders. He soon followed Megatron the mysterious planet, while working for him he secretly made serum for the former General to use so the need to become the creature was weakened.

During a mission he saw Saber become what she was trying to prevent happening, he prevented Starshadow; the bane of his existence from being torn apart from which he deeply regretted doing later. Upon returning to his lair he found much to his surprise one of his test subjects dying from an injection he had giving a few weeks prior, after checking what he had giving the animal he found that he had given it some of the Phantom’s DNA he had gotten from a battle with the Vok‘s solider. Remembering that he had been giving Saber larger doses of it along with the serum, he was not only helping but he was also killing her.

After a few more battles with the Maximals, his mind began slipping along with his sanity, he threaten to tell Megatron every thing about Saber and her condition after she is longer wanted his help. Prior to that event, he made a cure that would save the general from death when the affects of the Phantoms DNA start to kill her. But seeing how she pulled that stunt, he decided not to give her said cure and watch her suffer an he hide the cure in his lair. He finally slipped after the transwarp explosion, giving him nothing to lose.

((OOC: I'll put up Saber's Bio later.))
Last edited by Night-Hunter on Mon Jul 25, 2011 2:04 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Alak
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Unread post by Alak »

Just letting you know, Sonar's stats only add up to 47 so feel free to add that extra point to one of his categories. Firepower looks like it's in need since 4 is incredibly weak for someone with two automatics and sniper rifle... unless if they're really that weak.
NaitoKage
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Unread post by NaitoKage »

Heh, originally it was just Blaze. I was added when OOP wanted the extra help. Heh.. well that is why I was looking into getting a tank character for the Preds. Instead, they'll be getting a tank.. in another sense.

Now then Airazor is fine.

Sonar still has one point left (I overchecked the stats 3 times to make sure, as Alak also pointed out!) Huh.. Guyver blades eh? Nice. As for Sonar emission as an ability, it should be more of a feature since it comes naturally to the beast mode, the sonic blast is more of an ability.
Night-Hunter
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Fixed hope these changes work.
Optimal Optimus Primal
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
RPG Characters: Optimus Primal, Rattrap, Rhinox, Megatron, Inferno

Unread post by Optimal Optimus Primal »

OOP is a moderator here, so if she says Airazor is going to live then we'd might as well upgrade the character to TM as soon as Season 2 begins. I don't know if this means Tigatron will be doing the same, though. I guess since OOP is playing him, she'll get to decide his fate.
I actually wanted to leave that up to the people playing these characters. WorpeX and I already agreed to keep Airazor and Tigatron alive in this RPG, but I wasn't planning on making Tigatron TransMetal. I don't really think there's any need to. Inferno, Waspinator, Blackarachnia, Airazor, Tigatron, Rhinox and Dinobot all remained in their standard, or original, forms after the transwarp explosion swept the planet.
Also, as Airazor's player, I have no desire at all to have her go TM. Her TM form is really ugly... Tigatron's is equally terrible, but I don't know what OOP would want to do.
Agreed, WorpeX. We'll keep them the way they are. :D
Sorry, I don't actually know who staff is here... I always thought it was NK, OOP and you (Alak).
Heh, originally it was just Blaze. I was added when OOP wanted the extra help.
Technically, the Moderators in charge are the ones listed on every forum of this message board. But since the BW RPG is like my baby, I think I've taken on most of the responsilibilty for it. :lol: NaitoKage, Blazemane and Alak were "unofficially" appointed by me to help with the technicalities of the stats and the game, and everything else I obviously can't possibly keep up with on my own. :wink:
"Well, that's just prime!"
Alak
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Unread post by Alak »

Optimal Optimus Primal wrote:NaitoKage, Blazemane and Alak were "unofficially" appointed by me to help with the technicalities of the stats and the game, and everything else I obviously can't possibly keep up with on my own. :wink:
*in Aunt May's voice*

You're not Superman you know.

*clears throat*

Regarding Sonar's profile, 360 degree sonar projection is impossible for his beast mode unless if he's constantly spinning around in circles screaming until he falls over. In robot mode, however, he could upgrade his body with projection devices to accomplish such a feat without physical strain. He's a scientist so I'm sure he can build one in no time.
starshadow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Unread post by starshadow »

Okay, so.. Starshadow has multiple personality disorder now? Heh.. I now am glad I never brought Naito into this game..since his girlfriend had a similar issue. I'm assuming either a psychological disorder, or the sparks of the dead are swimming around in there, like Hineko..Minus the major appearance transformations.

Well, I'm assuming you have some sort of means of explaining that, and physically the profile is fine.
Ehh...probably not N-K. If I'm going to state how the dcons ended up talking in a predacon in the Beast Wars era, it will be a lllllllllllloooooooooooooooonnnnnnnnnnggggggggg ass description and blahhh..A hug torture to my frying brains. School school exam exam stress stress.... :roll:

FINALLY!! I MADE NO MISTAKES IN THIS PROFILE!!
NaitoKage
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Hm.. I wouldn't call 360 sonar impossible, but probably not something a bat would do. A bat's screech would be a focused sound wave forward to give them an idea of what they're seeing a head, their ears being designed like radar dishes to pick up that sound. But even so, bats are not Mono, they can pick up sounds in stereo. As for robot mode, I assume Sonar would be discharging sound waves more like a speaker ripple, with weaker reception for his back side.

Hm.. So your not going to explain her going insane through psychological or spiritual means. That'd be kinda random then.
starshadow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Unread post by starshadow »

Okaaaayyyy....her so-called multiple personality isn't spiritual or psychological. It's kinda like after being upgraded to transmetal, (here's my difficulty of explaining....) the decepticons' sparks that were fused with Visia's spark kinda had a small allowance to control Starshadow's body like speaking(remember BA and Ranty's issue?) and moving around like fighting etc.

So what I'm saying is...the process of upgrading into transmetal made this possible.

Here's my summarized explanation. Gotta do my maths homework naaaoooo...PHEW!
NaitoKage
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

(Ditched the sword function on the drone and made it less powerful, so it wont be able to pick up allies, maybe drag them slowly across the ground. Ditched sonar sensor as well to level it out.)

NAME:Transmetal Glowstick
ALLEGIANCE:Predacon
FUNCTION:Special Ops Commander, Medical Engineer,Communications engineer.
ALTERNATE MODE:"Sparkling Enope Squid" aka Firefly squid (Hotaru Ika) aka Toyama squid.
HEIGHT: 9 ft
QUOTE:"Knowledge is power, but without the ambition to use it is simply a library." "If your going to do something,make it loud and flashy!"

STRENGTH:7
INTELLIGENCE:8
SPEED:6
ENDURANCE:5
COURAGE:6
FIREPOWER:10
SKILL:8
[Stats excluding rank must not total over 50!]

Bio:Sick of the treatment from the maximals on Cybertron, Glowstick went with the "can't beat them join them" approach, hacking their systems and infiltrating the Maximal society pretending to be a communications officer to use one of the exploration ships as a means of escaping from the planet and his life as a second class citizen.

Upon waking on earth, he found himself in a world of pure darkness on the verge of death from the dark abyss of the sea's pressure, with luck acquiring the beast mode of a deep sea squid in time and burn his way free from his stasis pod. But much like this "birth", he found this planet was inhospitable to this form, while his robot mode was highly mobile his beast mode was practically immobile.

Worse, as he came in contact with the other surviving crew members, he swiftly came to realize he could never stay with the Maximals, as even if he was on there side they would never trust him, they'd probably try to destroy him. He gathered the local predacons in the crash,using his charisma and intellect to organize them into a group willing to work together and fight, to a degree anyway. After completing a craft made of junk, he came in contact with Megatron's Predacon group and joined, then using his intelligence and ambition quickly raised through the ranks to a commanding position.

He used his medical skills to augment his body to function on the harsh planet and be able to attempt to fight along side his allies, even if he was never originally meant for such a function.

Using the information gained from his interactions with the maximals, as well as knowledge of respected predacon generals on cybertron, Glowstick tries to lead his allies with the aspects of cooperation,teamwork, and battle strategy. Much like a proper leader, he realizes he can't do everything alone and has become one of the generally more successful operations leaders, even compared to Megatron himself.

WEAPONS/ABILITIES:
Weapons:

(X2) Buster Laser Cannons: At the cost of some of the mobility of his old lasers, his new ones pack a far greater punch and range. The internal focusing lens can be as pinpoint as a laser scalpel or emit as much unfocused light as a flashlight, the output levels have become to the level of borderline satellite cannons or small battleship cannons. By controlling the focus and output, Glowstick can throw enough energy into a wide unfocused blast to make a target feel like they were punched by a brick wall of light or produce lower output fast and still rather precise rapid shots. Charging and firing both cannons together produces enough output and range that even Glowstick himself is not entirely sure how far he can shoot but requires assistance in targeting past his visual range or through obstacles.

Ability:
Pinpoint Barrier:A hexagon plate of energy that moves along Glowstick's body roughly 3ft wide in diameter, it moves along the surface of his body controlled by his mind as effectively as his lasers or tentacles, the plate's energy output is focused using less energy compared to a omnidirectional barrier enabling Glowstick to use it rather frequently to protect himself, but still has the flaw of being able to protect one spot at a time even as fast as it can move. As a bonus effect, the Pinpoint barrier can be applied over an appendage for melee strikes.

Accessories:

Flashplug:A small cyber blue ghost firefly drone, it ejects from Glowstick's chest and serves more or less similar functions to a Cyberbee,but without any means of attack.

Visor: A new feature, besides Glowstick having a face, is his visor. Acting as a hud, it displays his internal diagnostics, radar,communications, targeting information, sonar detection, and darkens to prevent him from destroying his own optics firing his guns. It seals effectively with his new combat mask, protecting his face.

Communications package:As a communications officer, he specializes in listening to radio channels and unscrambling encrypted signals and relaying them to others, even using short ranged jamming equipment clouding the radio channels with music or static noise. However finding such encryption is not an automatic thing, they have to be dialed in through channels, altering antenna frequencies, and examined.

Medical kit: mounted to his back, the Med kit provides a variety of tools and spare parts for repairing transformers or other electronics.

(Natural accessory)Ink/Smokescreen Emission:Projected from Glowstick's shoulders and back, or spit as ink from either mouth (Mostly comical or dramatic effect..), Glowstick can emit a cloud of obscuring smoke similar to a real squid's ink to make an escape or for other tactics based on the situation.

(Natural acessory)Squid Venom: In his beast mode, or.. robot mode(Rarely..) Glowstick is equipped with modified squid venom, which he mostly uses for medical purposes. The venom acts as a painkiller numbing and intoxicating the victim after being bitten, acting as a energy discharge through the beak or teeth.

(Natural acessory)Tentacle fingers:Attached to his gun arms, which act as his feeder tentacles in beast mode. The tentacle fingers are retractable limbs which can extend and assist further in Glowstick's skills of repairs, each limb having an array of suction cups while the thumbs merely have them at the ends, the limbs also conceal connective parts for doing diagnostic or hacking on computers and cybertronians, as well as a small camera for repairs in tight places.

Transmetal parts:flight mode:
Strangely, not really all that much different from the old version, Glowstick can fly in his beast mode or robot mode, though now with a more rigid body his issues with air currents are mostly lost, speeding through the sky on a adjustable energon rocket engine, while his body has an array of smaller thrusters allowing for fast twitch adjustments in his flight course.

WEAKNESSES: Glowstick is in essence a glass cannon, high damage but low defense, even having some of his body armor being transparent squid flesh around the chest,abs,legs, and some joints. Glowstick's laser cannons are prone to over heating and use ALOT of energy from his systems, especially charged shots which if used excessively can put Glowstick into stasis lock, or cause damage to the weapons from variable degrees of minor to simply catastrophic causing his arms to explode, this limit can be overcome when in a water source but that is fairly rare.

Glowstick's body is not as soft and flexible as it once was, though still capable of stretching and having more joints then the average transformer. Strangely,as a side effect of his obsession with floating, Glowstick's legs are far less effective at running on land.

The Pinpoint barrier can only protect one spot at a time and is easier to block energy weapons with, as solid projectiles IE:Bullets move so fast and produce no tracer effect,rending them invisible to the naked optic,making them harder to block against.

NAME:Icebreaker
ALLEGIANCE:Maximal
FUNCTION:Polar Amphibious Ops, Search and Rescue, field medic
ALTERNATE MODE:Penguin
HEIGHT:Beast mode 5 7' Robot mode 9 6' ft
QUOTE:

STRENGTH:7
INTELLIGENCE:6
SPEED:7
ENDURANCE:6
COURAGE:8
FIREPOWER:7
SKILL:7
[Stats excluding rank must not total over 48!]

BIO:Brash, young, and at times Arrogant, Icebreaker is a rather wild Maximal. His courageous nature makes him almost seem a daredevil or suicidal against impossible odds though seems to have enough luck not to hang himself a lot of the time. An expert of polar and marine terrain, he is skilled in moving in these environments and finds them rather fun to the reluctance of some of his team members. His love of the cold also acts as a double edged knife as he's prone to overheating in hotter terrain, this results in him often becoming frustrated or more aggressive then usual. Icebreaker's skill at wilderness survival makes what most feel a horrible primitive planet feel like a playground to him.

WEAPONS/ABILITIES:
Icebreaker is capable of most skills of a penguin, high jumps, walking upright, swimming to great depths and even sliding on his stomach over ice snow sand and grass making up for his slow walking speeds. In Robot mode he carries a tactical visor to assist in detecting cybertronian heat signatures. The design of his feet (which carry spare grappling hooks) improves his walking on sandy or snowy terrain, much like snowshoes.

Optional equipment:
Tarps
Cable & cable accessories
First aid kit
Energon Canteen

Weapons:
Frost Launcher:A Micro missile launcher firing normal or grappling missiles with a repel line for climbing, with an alternate mode allowing it to fire off bolts of super cold energy freezing surfaces or even putting out fires. Micro missiles carried in a magazine of four, either Cryo,tranquilizer, or plasma based. Targeting system is based on heat signatures with lock on accessible through use of his tactical visor.

Survival Knife:A large sized knife used as not only a combat weapon but also as a wilderness tool of many functions in Icebreaker's hands.

Break Shield:A rather large and strange shield which is equipped with a powerful micro rubber caterpillar tread designed to use the shield as a type of Surfboard, riding across water at high speed or even grass,sand, and snow plains. The board is large enough to even support two on it but Icebreaker rides it better alone. As a shield it usually is carried on his back or over his left arm providing decent cover against firepower or blunt strikes.

WEAKNESSES:Icebreaker's beast mode is slower on land in some terrain. His personality makes him at odds with any commanding officer.
His great courage makes him too reckless at times when involved with mission operations easily racking up more damage then usual and shrugging it off even as it weakens his performance.

His Infrared visor can only be used in robot mode and can be tricked in certain methods (seen by Dinobot and Rattrap in the tv series.) Overheating may make him more aggressive and more prone to making bad choices which could be life threatening while on a mission. Seems to have bad luck almost as bad as Waspinator's.

SAMPLE POST: The snow fell silently over the the mountain range as the penguin slid down it on his stomach, his red eyes looking cheery as he let out a joyous cry of "Ya-hoo!". His mind thought of how beautiful and fun this planet was, even compared to Cybertron.

His body weaved leaving a winding and curving line in the snow, then his eyes widen as he noticed a cliff ahead. He swung his flippers to dig into the snow but to no avail, shooting off the side of the cliff. In the air he flapped his flippers while falling "It's times like these I wish I could fly!"