Character Development

Where we talk about nothing other than that. :)

Moderators: Nurann, Starath, Sinead, Optimal Optimus Primal, Razor One

Alak
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Character Development

Unread post by Alak »

Throughout the entire series of Beast Wars, which character would you say had the biggest change (for better or worse) in personality and ideology? Which character change is your favorite? If you want, feel free to include Beast Machines but I'd say that changed everybody pretty majorly.

In my opinion, I'd say Blackarachnia probably had the most growth out of the entire cast. Faction switches are always favorable when analyzing development, but she spent over a season acting sadistic and being nothing but a selfish character. By the end of Season 3, she helped save humans and Maximals and she actually cares for individuals other than herself. Beast Machines took it to a whole new level.
WorpeX
Ultra Poster!
Ultra Poster!

Unread post by WorpeX »

Yeah, its pretty obviously Blackarachnia who had the most development. Although, I don't necessarily like it. I preferred her as a sarcastic Predicon. The whole maximal thing just didn't do anything for me, although it was fine in Beast Wars. In Beast Machines it almost made me sick how far they had taken it. A drastic character change is one thing but completely changing the character is another. It was barely even Blackarachnia anymore.

As far as my favorite goes... hmm... I'd have to go with Dinobot. He started out the series as a Predicon who only switched sides so that he could lead the Maximal's. Ended the series as a Maximal who saved all of humanity. It sounds like a drastic character change on paper, but his personality was the same throughout the whole series - tough, arrogant and grumpy.
Alak
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Unread post by Alak »

If we're including Beast Machines, I'd say I like Cheetor's the best, but that's only if we're including Beast Machines. He went from naive youngster to teenage-jerk-full-of-angst in Season 3. BM completed the cycle well by turning him into a more mature adult.
una
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
RPG Characters: Whitegrazer, TyCross, and Blackarachnia

Unread post by una »

Yeah, including BM, Cheetor had some good development. :D

Optimus' development in becoming a leader.

Megatron's development as well. His development into this whole "I want to be a God" especially in Season 3 (I think we all saw this coming actually at the end of Season One with that whole speech in Before the Storm :wink: ). His transition from Season one and Season two I loved because he became more of a threat and an enemy that needed to be taken down. Very intelligent and powerful, always one step ahead.