The BWInt Minecrafter's Thread

Where you can post announcements and other cool things. Doesn't have to be BW-related.

Moderators: Nurann, Starath, Sinead, Optimal Optimus Primal, Razor One

Nurann
Site Admin

The BWInt Minecrafter's Thread

Unread post by Nurann »

Hands up! Who's all been sucked in to Minecraft, and what are some of your greatest projects to date? What skins are you using to replace standard Steve? What crazy stuff are you planning on doing next? Pics are very welcome! Now go nuts ;)

My boyfriend and I primarily play on pvpgames.com's server. It's a fairly vanilla server (although we had the Stargate mod running for a bit, but the recent update killed it :( ), everyone's really friendly, and we haven't had a griefer problem in ages! Our main camp is a bit of a rag-tag group of random projects, but about 1.7 kilometers straight south of Spawn, Mike started a group project that I'm really proud of:

http://i953.photobucket.com/albums/ae11 ... 143119.png
http://i953.photobucket.com/albums/ae11 ... 143038.png
http://i953.photobucket.com/albums/ae11 ... 143018.png
http://i953.photobucket.com/albums/ae11 ... 143009.png

I recently downloaded Hypercam just so I can make a proper tour video of the city XD
~Nurannoniel Amruniel ~ Blessed Be~
Alak
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Unread post by Alak »

I must say, that sports stadium brought a smile to my face. It's very cool and I don't doubt that you put a ton of effort into it as well as your other things. I just bought Minecraft two weeks ago and have been on a building spree ever since. I'm part of a gaming clan known as A27 and we had a server for about 6 months now. The guys have already completed the first major city (called Libido), a blimp, several ships including a 1:1 scaled H.M.S. warship made by one of our architecture students. Needless to say, I was impressed when I first hopped into the server. This is what I built during my first 3 days:

House

House is two stories tall with a patio on the first floor and a balcony on the second floor. It's mostly a bachelor pad with one kitchen, one bedroom, and a living room area. I didn't put a tv because i couldn't make one look good. The house looks like a fort on the outside but I like the interior. Hylikus helped me remodel the floor and accent the pillars (and she kidnapped my first dog). Ed taught me how to build the kitchen. Also, the foundation is lined with bedrock. The house was build on water and I wanted a strong foundation out of fear that my house would be swept away by the currents. Dark and Buster didn't stop me (they ran around in circles) and I found out through Hylikus and Ed that bedrock was actually 100% indestructible. They also told me that water will never wash my house away even if the foundation was made out of wool. Wonderful first day. The location is near Buster's massive ship on the edge of Libido City.

Fortress

I built this while Ed was building his lava tower next door. This fortress is multipurpose. The first floor is a prison that is guarded by creepers from time to time. The second floor is a maze with two misleading staircases and many dead ends. Creepers appear in there from time to time for extra amusement. The third floor is a transition from the dark, scary environment to the luxurious upper half. It's primarily used for storage and whatnot. The fourth floor is an observation room with couches and wide glass windows. The fifth floor is my restaurant and that's picture above (which doesn't do it justice). The sixth floor is a hybrid with one side being a library and the other being an in-door pool. The bottom of the pool is made of glass so people in the restaurant can see the glow stone border above along with the illuminated swimmers. The seventh floor is a hotel where people can stay overnight. Each room has a picture, window, bed, bookcase, and a chest. Corner rooms are suites as they have more space and two windows instead of one. The roof is an observation deck that is full of glow stones and torches. Being a fortress, I just want to make note that the first two floors (where mobs are most prevalent) are fortified with two layers of stone. No self-destructing creeper has ever succeeded in breaking out of the fortress.

Spawn = "/spawn alakfortress"

Hideout

I set a warp here because I could never find it (set the warp after I stumbled upon it by accident). However, I didn't realize that warps were public and everyone could see them. I suppose this isn't much of a hideout anymore. The picture above shows the living room but if you keep walking you'll enter a hallway that leads to the kitchen. Climb the ladder and you'll find the bedroom with a moon roof.

Spawn = "/spawn alakhideout"

Rest Stop

I found a beautiful mountain area with a waterfall and I felt like making an elevated structure. There's a big room with a triple sized bed. The path to get there involves climbing a mountain, descending wooden steps, and going through a glass tunnel that grants you a view of the glorious valley and its waterfall. In the outdoor screenshot you can see Buster's famous railway in the sky. I'd like to thank him for making that, because I forgot where I made this. My only recollection of its location was that I took the railway at night (on foot) in which I stumbled upon this valley as soon as dawn broke out. I used this same railway from Breaker City to rediscover this location and set a spawn there.

Spawn = "/spawn reststop"

Pokemon Tower

This is where Pokemon trainers can meet, greet, and do battle. As you can see, floor one is the service area as well as the resting spot. The right wall is littered with advices and protips from experienced trainers from the A27 clan itself. The left wall is a monument dedicated to A27 trainers and their favorite teams. The second floor is a rocky arena perfect for rock/earth/metal pokemon. The third floor is a pool arena that water/ice pokemon will thrive in. The fourth floor contained a grassy arena where grass/poison/bug pokemon will love. The fifth floor has the most dangerous arena to both trainers and pokemon because it is a lava pit in which fire pokemon are imbued with energy. The final arena is the roof where the arena is composed of obsidian. It's considered a neutral stage for championship matches although flying types will appreciate the limitless ceiling. I'd like to thank Dude1011 for helping me with the construction. I'd also like to thank our fellow Pokemon trainers for contributing their knowledge and support.

Spawn = "/spawn pokemon"

Temple

This is an Asian-inspired temple that I just built today. It is accessible from four different sides, although the bottom floor may only be approached from the front. It's representative of an older, archaic time in which the interior design is highly simplistic. You just climb floors and enjoy the sights from the outdoor hallways. The attic is filled with candles and may only be approached via ladder. This is the meditation room where people go to contemplate personal thoughts and philosophy. I would like to thank Dark for helping me with the construction process.

Spawn = "/spawn alaktemple"

Yeah, that was a direct copy/paste from our own forum lol. I've helped out with a replicate of the water city Venice, but my main pride and joy is the current project I'm working on with Buster, our architect student. It's an attempt to build a city that fits the theme of Steampunk. In order to fully immerse ourselves into this genre, we had to download the steampunk texture pack which can be found here. The following screenshots are a depiction of the city in progress:

Here's a night time view of the docking bay from one of the airships:

Here's a day time view of the valley thus far from the warp point:

Here's a day time view of the docking bay from the bridge:

The Wizard's Sleeve:

Trying to figure out how to make good looking dormers

There are six beverages on tap

A pretty sweet shuffleboard table

And robot chickens

Finally, the most recent picture:

In Steampunk City, we currently have:

Places

Newstand
Tree House
Elevated House
Mountain House
Windmill
Hut
Ground House
Main Bridge
Minor Bridge
Airship Docking Station
Airship Yards
Elevated Mountain House
Elevated "tree" House
Utility Shop
Apparel Shop
The Wizard Sleeve pub
Library
Factory

Airships

Windjammer (large)
Phoenix (large)
Dauntless (large)
Peregrine (small)
Mockingbird (small)
Nomad (small)
Last edited by Alak on Thu Jul 07, 2011 5:26 am, edited 2 times in total.
Alak
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Unread post by Alak »

One more screenshot of the Steampunk factory:

Razor One
Site Admin

Unread post by Razor One »

I'm not into Minecraft personally, but This blew me away.
Nurann
Site Admin

Unread post by Nurann »

Nice timing Razor! My brother told me about that project a couple hours before you posted the link lol. That's impressive... and that's using Classic version, too! Holy creepers... (or lack thereof :wink: ).

Awesome cities Alak! I may have to steal that cliff-face home idea of yours next time we have a server reset XD
Alak
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Unread post by Alak »

After completing Venice, Sky City, Steampunk City, and this space ship project (all by different members), we're thinking about opening up a new server to start fresh. I can send you guys an invite if you'd like even though I'm not entirely sure how long it'll be from now. I'm an administrator there so I can white-list you.
Nurann
Site Admin

Unread post by Nurann »

PVP will probably stay my primary home, but I would be honored :)
Nurann
Site Admin

Unread post by Nurann »

At some point in the past 3 days pvp's server, and Mikecynia in particular, was griefed. If it was someone who found the server through the thread on this forum, I'm really disappointed. That was utterly childish.

I highly doubt it was any of our members here, but I'm really frustrated right now. A lot of innocent people were targeted, and I can't fathom why someone would go to all those lengths just to wreck someone else's artwork.
Alak
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Unread post by Alak »

I've never personally been a victim of a griefer, but before I bought Minecraft, one of our server moderators was found to have been the source of grief-activities. It was a pretty sad revelation and we promptly banned him from our server for a month (still effective as I post) and he will no longer have his moderator position when he returns. The guy denied it but our clan leader actually installed a program known as BigBrother. BigBrother is exactly as it sounds, it records every active member's actions and dialogues as well as the time they took place. The logs are saved so that administrators of the server are able to review what happened in the server. This is how we found out that our griefer was the one who planted TNT in our shelters, houses, and railroads.

I wasn't the one who installed the plug-in, so I don't exactly have a direct link to provide. However, it's a good idea to recommend to your server leaders the use of BigBrother so that griefers are swiftly caught and punished. I'm not sure, but I think the IP address is included in the activity log so even though the griefer can make multiple accounts, he/she won't be able to enter your server again due to IP ban.
Alak
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Unread post by Alak »

So we rebooted our server, and we're honored to have two new guests: Nurann and her boyfriend :D Thus far, I've only been working on China Town with that same buddy who co-constructed Steam Punk City with me in the previous server. Here's our results so far:

Nurann, if we're ever online at the same time, I'd be more than happy to teleport you into our town and give you a tour :D
Nurann
Site Admin

Unread post by Nurann »

:O Is that on the same map? What are the co-ords?
Alak
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Unread post by Alak »

Yes it is! Here's the coordinates:

X = -450.5
Y = 77.62
Z = -1032.5
F = 0
Alak
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Unread post by Alak »

So I found something weird when I logged in:

This was how it was a few days back:

While I initially thought I was being griefed, I noticed that some torches were still in place despite not having a wall to support them. Normally when you demolish a wall, the torch reverts back to a pick-up item. Furthermore, only a small piece of my fountain remained but the water somehow did not flood despite not having any barriers. Buster hypothesized that it could be servers issues after the map was reset for the world map screenshot or something along those lines. The problem persisted even after I restarted the game. Now, I don't mind rebuilding this temple if I have to because it doesn't take a lot of time to do so.

***UPDATE***

We've concluded that the server glitched. So far only this temple has been affected, so I'll rebuild it tomorrow or Monday.
Nurann
Site Admin

Unread post by Nurann »

PVP started a new creative mode server. I think I'll be working on this project for a while... Take a guess what it's going to be ;)

(day 3)

And yes, it's parked next to a Star Destroyer and the Millennium Falcon.
Alak
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Unread post by Alak »

A temple?