WFC Group game?

Where you can post announcements and other cool things. Doesn't have to be BW-related.

Moderators: Nurann, Starath, Sinead, Optimal Optimus Primal, Razor One

NaitoKage
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

WFC Group game?

Unread post by NaitoKage »

So, it's been awhile since we mentioned anything gaming wise.. and usually I haven't been on my X box that much letting the thing collect dust. But I figured why not, the other Tf communities did it. Why not set up a day and time, have a group of PS3 players/360 players get together and play either Escalation mode or Multiplayer in teams?
Alak
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Unread post by Alak »

I already traded my game in :( I loved it, don't get me wrong, but what really sucked was when I turned it on one night and the entire PSN population for this game was 2 players. Not only that, but XBL has significantly less lag than PSN did for this particular game. There were times where I would prefer to play the 360 demo because PSN kept booting so many people out of WFC.

Maybe if the 360 version becomes cheap, I'll play with you on XBL sometime. I'm not sure how many players you guys still have, but I'll at least join in on Escalation. Sucky part is I'll lose Jazz by switching over, but there's no major difference between characters. We can aim for level 50 since I've never had the patience to go that far lol!
NaitoKage
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

This morning I had 281 people for Team deathmatch. Playstation 3 doesn't have the player base or server support for online multiplayer. Currently now in the afternoon 1,326 players online.

Hm? You can get Jazz back.. he's in the DLC. *L* And yes, I have a friend who I think went to level 25 all characters but he barely played Escalation.
Alak
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Unread post by Alak »

DLC huh? How much does that cost again? The game is currently $30 new but I might be able to find it at a better deal for a used copy. I don't blame your friend for ignoring Escalation, because two maps got boring real quick. Major props to your friend for maxing out all classes, though. I only liked Scout and Soldier while dabbling with the other classes from time to time out of curiosity. I was highly competitive at the time (4.0 k/d and 13.0 w/l ratios) so I only stuck to what I knew from my time with the demo. Of course, most players were just TF fans and not gamers so that really helped out with my record :P
NaitoKage
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

I think it was 800 MS points, first pack gives you Jazz,Shockwave,Demolisher,Scattershot,and Onslaught. Plus a Escalation map and Multiplayer map. Second DLC I think was 4 or 5 maps and Zeta Prime and Deadend. I didn't grab that one since the characters didn't interest me.

Yeah, I stopped playing for awhile but lost interest, picked it up again. Currently level 15 on scientist, 17 on Scout and Leader, and 19 on Soldier.
Darkshadow14
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Unread post by Darkshadow14 »

Whats WFC? *nervous chuckle*
NaitoKage
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

War for Cybertron
Darkshadow14
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Unread post by Darkshadow14 »

Haha thanks NK! :p
WorpeX
Ultra Poster!
Ultra Poster!

Unread post by WorpeX »

Don't suppose anyone plays this on PC? They just had it for $7 on steam the other day and I just couldn't resist. Haven't played it yet, but if anyone has it, i'd love to play multiplayer sometime!
NaitoKage
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Just 360 on my end, I know alot of people got it for PS3. I heard the PC version didn't sell as well, the online community is dead for anything outside of X box with War for Cybertron.. which kinda sucks, since it did sell rather well. I'm sure now, they're probably all playing that crappy TF3 movie game which.. while it's better then TF2, it's still not that good..The campaign is basically "shoot, the game" with no mix up like War for Cybertron had, and alot less customization for the multiplayer that I've seen..
WorpeX
Ultra Poster!
Ultra Poster!

Unread post by WorpeX »

Just loaded the game up. Its really fun! Played the first campaign level and it was a blast. Then joined up on multiplayer. Dunno if it was because of the steam sale or not, but it said there was 350 people online. That's pretty good! Fun multiplayer too.
Alak
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Unread post by Alak »

I doubt my laptop could handle WFC for PC otherwise I'd get it for the $7 price.
WorpeX
Ultra Poster!
Ultra Poster!

Unread post by WorpeX »

Well, its not $7 anymore anyway. : / Steam sales are interesting. They last for about a week and each day they have different game on super discount. Sadly, the TF game's day is passed and its up to $20 for the rest of the sale I believe.
Alak
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Unread post by Alak »

I just looked up the price at Best Buy, and it's $40 for a new version of the game. I say forget that, sorry NK but you're on your own lol. I'm saving my money for this fall's releases on video games.
NaitoKage
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Yeah, I kinda figured. I don't blame ya. I tend to be that way with some games. (Like why I never got left4dead2. Well.. that and I was annoyed that Valve basically gave up on Left4dead1 so quickly.) Oh well. Also makes sense since this isn't really a big gaming group, more for writing really.