WFC Group game?

Where you can post announcements and other cool things. Doesn't have to be BW-related.

Moderators: Nurann, Starath, Sinead, Optimal Optimus Primal, Razor One

Nurann
Site Admin

Unread post by Nurann »

WorpeX wrote:Well, its not $7 anymore anyway. : / Steam sales are interesting. They last for about a week and each day they have different game on super discount. Sadly, the TF game's day is passed and its up to $20 for the rest of the sale I believe.
Wh-what??? It was on sale for $7??? Aaaaah! My brother told me to sign up so I could get the massive Guild Wars sale yesterday, but he didn't bother to point out the WFC sale earlier >.<* What are WFC's pc system requirements anyways? I'll have to keep a watch for if it ever goes down again...
~Nurannoniel Amruniel ~ Blessed Be~
Alak
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Unread post by Alak »

Maybe if they come out with WFC2, we can get a group game going for that. Some improvement I'd look forward to are:

- Better netcode because WFC has terrible lag from time to time. Sometimes, I can't even connect to lobbies and would sit there choosing "join" over and over again until I'm successful. Sure, my connection isn't the best (download speed is like 5 mbps) but I'm not paying $32 for internet and $60 for a game just to hop into laggy matches.

- More escalation maps during release day. Two just seems a bit lacking to me and by the time DLC was released I had already traded in the game.

- No DLC or pre-order content that's already on the game's disc. Jazz's model can be found in Kaon so he should have been available in-game, not because I pre-ordered WFC from Best Buy.

- Voice variations would be nice. You can get a group of soldiers, scouts, scientists, or leaders and find that they happen to have the same voice actor. Even Jazz had the generic scout voice actor which was a major disappointment.

- More weapons if possible, but not at the expense of balance. I love the current weapons and the energon sword was the #1 inspiration for Orcariner. If High Moon Studios keeps the same weapon sets, then I'm not complaining.

- Hit boxes could use some improvement. I can't remember how times I accidentally clicked the melee button a few feet away from the enemy and somehow killed him. Other times, I'd walk a little closer and still miss. This could be lag, but these occurrences happened during smooth games, as well.

- Bigger cast is always welcomed in the campaign. Throw Jazz in there with Wheeljack, Blur, Ultra Magnus, etc. More cast members = more multiplayer models to choose from. Having a bigger color wheel for both factions would be nice, although I completely understand their decision to limit our options.

- Since Unreal Engine 4 isn't due to be utilized until the 8th generation of consoles/PCs, I'm hoping that High Moon Studios could rebuild their textures from the ground up. Don't get me wrong, this is a beautiful game. It's just that when you compare it to Gears of War, Batman: Arkham City, or any other game that boasts UE3, you notice that player models and certain environments look fuzzy and pixilated up close. This isn't noticeable when you play it on a 1080p television that upgrades anything you put into it, but it's more noticeable on 720p plasmas and standard definition screens. I saw that the Dark of the Moon game also had this issue, but it was more noticeable due to more lighting.

- Local co-op would be swell because that will help me get some of my friends to invest in the game. Yeah, the game would have to re-render itself to accommodate split-screen but more shooters are doing it now (Halo, Gears of War, Army of Two, Call of Duty, etc.) so I'm sure High Moon will be able to pull it off. Online co-op was blissful and I have no doubt that local will be just as fun.
WorpeX
Ultra Poster!
Ultra Poster!

Unread post by WorpeX »

Nurann wrote:
WorpeX wrote:Well, its not $7 anymore anyway. : / Steam sales are interesting. They last for about a week and each day they have different game on super discount. Sadly, the TF game's day is passed and its up to $20 for the rest of the sale I believe.
Wh-what??? It was on sale for $7??? Aaaaah! My brother told me to sign up so I could get the massive Guild Wars sale yesterday, but he didn't bother to point out the WFC sale earlier >.<* What are WFC's pc system requirements anyways? I'll have to keep a watch for if it ever goes down again...
It's technically still on sale, its just not 70% off, its 33% off. O.o

System requirements are on here:
http://store.steampowered.com/app/42650/?snr=1_4_4__13

The game's a year old so they don't seem too steep.
Alak
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Unread post by Alak »

Here's a neat link someone recently showed me before I bought Minecraft:

http://www.systemrequirementslab.com/cyri/

Just type in or select the game and you'll find out if your computer is capable of properly running it. I just ran a check and my CPU and video card failed the test.
Nurann
Site Admin

Unread post by Nurann »

Alak wrote:Here's a neat link someone recently showed me before I bought Minecraft:

http://www.systemrequirementslab.com/cyri/

Just type in or select the game and you'll find out if your computer is capable of properly running it. I just ran a check and my CPU and video card failed the test.
Slag, I can't run it on my poor '07 laptop anyways...

I am bookmarking that link though!

(On a side note.... another minecrafter, eh? I think I may have to go make a thread for that now!)
~Nurannoniel Amruniel ~ Blessed Be~