Transmetal Starshadow and others...

Post any artwork here, whether it be BW related or not.

Moderators: Nurann, Starath, Sinead, Optimal Optimus Primal, Razor One

starshadow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Transmetal Starshadow and others...

Unread post by starshadow »

A PAIN IN THE AFT!!! Temporary optic color for this ref...

Which optic color looks best for mai baby? :3

Name: Starshadow
Allegiance: Predacon/Maximal (season 3)
Function: Soldier/Trainer(for Cecaelia)/Scout(a part time job she never enjoys)
Alternate mode: Black Panther (pfffftt...it should be bleached panther :P)
Quote: "Come closer if you dare to taste my charged lips."
Height : 8ft

Strength: 7
Intelligence: 6
Speed: 7
Endurance: 6
Courage: 7
Firepower: 1 to 9 (for the gun it's 7)
Skill: 8

WEAPONS:
Energy draining fangs
-Her fangs are able to drain energy from a victims when bitten. It glows when it is activated.

Laser automatic shotgun
- A customized version of the AA 12. (I chose not use the scatter blaster Swindle has because it's too big, heavy and ugly for her image :P)

Galvaconduit driver: A high powered Electro projection weapon system installed inside her chest, the weapon discharges bolts of electricity channeled through her superstructure, normally her hands. An added benefit,the weapon can channel electricity through her super structure causing electric shocks to foes that physically touch her.

Electro blade emitter: Points built into her arms and wings project a magnetically bottling force field which acts as a container for discharged electrical energy.

Ability:
Energy Drain: To supplement the costly demand of her weapons, Starshadow has the ability to use either her fangs or the prongs on the end of her tail as a means of drawing energon/electricity from a victim or electrical device through physical impalement. When these appendages are active, they glow.

Transmetal feature: Wing boosters: Two long folding wings equipped with ionic boosters, when deployed they fold to the sides of her beast mode allowing increased running speed and flight, by emitting electro blades along the forward edge of the wings they can even be operated as a type of melee weapon.

Weakness:
The majority of Starshadow's weapon systems are taxing on her systems, draining her energon reserves and over all reducing her battle time, even with the use of draining energy from her victims she can not sustain a long drawn out fight.
(Another weakness I've thought about!)
When channeling too much electrical energy on her superstructure, her circuits would be damaged.

The alterations to her body from the transwarp explosion have included added luminescence making her far less stealthy then her older form, combine with active use of her Galvaconduit driver which causes the ambient air to be converted into the smell of Ozone, large amounts of heat, and minor amounts of plasma from heating surfaces she touches. All of this in effect makes her extremely easy to detect to those with strong ol factory sensory, heat sensory, and noticed from causing errors in radars and radios when near by enemies or allies.

*Note: He optic colors tells her emotions.
Cyan = Normal
Icy blue = Sad
Red = Pissed
Silver = Very pissed.

----------------------------------

Did some edits to NK's idea
Last edited by starshadow on Fri Jul 01, 2011 11:55 pm, edited 3 times in total.
starshadow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

will post others another day...bio incomplete..
WorpeX
Ultra Poster!
Ultra Poster!

Unread post by WorpeX »

Gorgeous! Very well done. I'm digging the cyan eyes personally.
Night-Hunter
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
Location: Looking for my sanity... *sigh* Still can't find it.

Unread post by Night-Hunter »

I love the silver Optic color. I think you should go with silver optics.
"The enemy of my enemy is my bro."
Alak
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Unread post by Alak »

Nice design and the AA-12 is a spectacular modern weapon which has gotten fame from movies and video games. War for Cybertron even had its own variant of an automatic shotgun (scatter blaster). I think NK said in the biography thread that it's not a good idea to have transitional stats. I'm referring to TM SS's firepower that's listed as "1-9" because that's not going to fly with the moderators. You'll have to settle for a solid, unmovable number that can only be changed by technology outside of SS's body. With your current total, firepower would have to be a 3 unless if you were planning on editing the other stats. Also, the color weakness isn't a weakness because every transmetal is no longer concealable in their respective environments. The sheer amount of chrome in the canon characters alone makes them visible a mile away. The smell factor is alright but you may want to specify the distance of odor because someone in the RPG could just post "And such and such smelled SS from 800 meters away and realized there was a trap way ahead... the bot proceeded to snipe the Predacon to death".

Since she's going to be transmetal, is Starshadow going to have a vehicle mode?
NaitoKage
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Unread post by NaitoKage »

Uh, in this case I'm not going to complain. The variable stats that Venatrix had was her shifting between her strength and firepower, meaning that when she pulled out her gun she instantly became weakened physically to the point that she wouldn't be able to hold said gun. That made no sense.

In this case, she can just set it as a 9, the variability she is talking about is voltage levels for her weapons, as her endurance goes down from using her abilities, the firepower level continues to drop. So this is more comparable to leaving a stungun on until the battery dies, rather then "Oh! I'll use this weapon and suddenly I become unable to hold my own weight but now I can shoot"

Variable stats that physically change the user to that sort of degree should require a physical transformation IE:Saberfang's transformation into the beast.

As for Starshadow's transmetal feature, she mentioned before inspiration from Gaia Gundam from Gundam Seed Destiny, so I'm assuming that means those wings fold down from her back to allow her to fly and generate a electric blade on the edges.

Generally most transmetals don't have true vehicle modes, so..smaller types have less noticeable changes, compared to larger types like Orcariner or Rampage which I'd definitely call a triple changer.

Now then, as I mentioned on Msn. Probably can't do a spear of bottled lightning energy and expect it to have the same properties of a spear. That'd be like a Transmetal 2 weapon. So.. here's what I would list for the weapons/abilities, pick anything you like or don't like, you don't have to use any of it.

Weapons:
Scatterblaster: A high powered automatic shotgun which projects bursts of random spraying volleys of Plasma at short to mid range. (Laser shotgun would require either some sort of crazy mirror/prism lens set up or a bunch of barrels, it'd be heavy,weird, and unwieldy.)

Galvaconduit driver: A high powered Electro projection weapon system installed inside her chest, the weapon discharges bolts of electricity channeled through her superstructure, normally her hands. An added benefit,the weapon can channel electricity through her super structure causing electric shocks to foes that physically touch her, or to protect against quasar/plasma based weaponry at the cost of energy loss.

Electro blade emitter: Points built into her arms and wings project a magnetically bottling force field which acts as a container for discharged electrical energy.

Ability:
Energy Drain: To supplement the costly demand of her weapons, Starshadow has the ability to use either her fangs or the prongs on the end of her tail as a means of drawing energon/electricity from a victim or electrical device through physical impalement. When these appendages are active, they glow.

Transmetal feature: Wing boosters: Two long folding wings equipped with ionic boosters, when deployed they fold to the sides of her beast mode allowing increased running speed and flight, by emitting electro blades along the forward edge of the wings they can even be operated as a type of melee weapon.

Weaknesses: The majority of Starshadow's weapon systems are extremely taxing on her systems, draining her energon reserves quickly and over all reducing her battle time, even with the use of draining energy from her victims she can not sustain a long drawn out fight.

Due to the limitations of all her weapons, Starshadow has no major long range offensive capabilities, being a close to mid range fighter at best as even the blasts thrown from her Galvaconduit driver are limited in range by the resistance of the air around her to the electricity, and worse the weapon isn't a pinpoint weapon meaning attacks with the weapon can be thrown off by the environment.

The alterations to her body from the transwarp explosion have included added luminescence making her far less stealthy then her older form, combine with active use of her Galvaconduit driver which causes the ambient air to be converted into the smell of Ozone, large amounts of heat, and minor amounts of plasma from heating surfaces she touches. All of this in effect makes her extremely easy to detect to those with strong ol factory sensory, heat sensory, and noticed from causing errors in radars and radios when near by enemies or allies.
Blazemane
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Unread post by Blazemane »

With your current total, firepower would have to be a 3 unless if you were planning on editing the other stats.
Even with her firepower rating staying at 9 consistently, I calculate that her stats only go to 50. I think you're adding her rank to the stat total.

For some reason, I like the silver optics too.
I understand... you are, after all, a predacon.

[img]http://www.bwint.net/memberfanclubterrorsaur.jpg[/img] [img]http://www.bwint.net/bannersbfanclub2.jpg[/img]
Alak
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Unread post by Alak »

Ah, you're right I did throw the rank into calculation. My bad.

Also, even though if it's only semi-automatic, I'd like to add the EMP Shotgun to the list of recommended weapons. That thing is a beast despite only holding a two round clip. EMP shotty + energy drain = sweeper combo for WFC scientists. If Starshadow can get the jump on the opponent with a quick bite, the follow up attack from the shotgun would be devastating. The thing though is that the AA-12 she's referring to has equivalent stopping power to other top-tier shotguns in the world. The Scatter Blaster wouldn't exactly fit a Firepower 9 rating unless if you're considering the effects of the entire clip rather than a single round. Maybe SS could make up a scatter blaster-type shotty that packs a bit more punch.
NaitoKage
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Well her shotgun doesn't necessarily have to do 9 for damage.. her electrical attack or energy blade could. As.. well yeah, a shotgun doing 9 damage is equivalent to a shotgun firing cluster bombs or something..

Hrm.. maybe our stat system does need some looking into.. Though I don't want to make it as complicated as some sites like.. Legacy of Cybertron or put alot of D&D or other table top game rules into it since that would drive everyone nuts.
starshadow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Thanks for your comments peop- WAAAIIT! I'M NOT DONE LABELLING AND ADDING! FIREPOWER'S FOR THE BOLTS, NOT THE GUN LASER!!
starshadow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Bio Edited. I feel Star has grown weaker...
starshadow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

OTHER PICS:

Just some randomness for meh~~
It's looks like a Little Icebreaker in his beast mode!!

Crappy TFP OC sketch....

Old crappy MSpaint doodle of old TM Star~~ I'm gonna put up a vote soon...
Alak
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Unread post by Alak »

I don't see her as weaker at all. However, if you want her to be more powerful...

EMP Shotgun

lol sorry I keep pressing it, but it's such a good gun. It's sleeker than the scatter blaster so that may be more fitting for Starshadow's tastes :D WFC rated it having a power level of 8. The only drawback is that it's a semi-automatic instead of a full automatic, and the clip size is only two shells before requiring a reload. On the other hand, semi-automatic firing sequences provide greater accuracy and you only need two shots to clear the room.

NK's also right about the sciences of having a laser-based shotgun. Plasma is a more suitable replacement, although I'm not sure how its stopping power would compare to that of your traditional shells used in EMP shotties and scatter blasters.
starshadow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

AWESOME!! Since I'm a moron about guns, When you shoot a shotgun, a total of 12 shots will be dispersed? Anyways, I'll KEEP MAH CUSTOMIZED AA 12!

To everyone:
OLD DESIGN DOODLEZ
Is it better than the one on the top. An artist never gets satisfied. :P
NaitoKage
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Hm? Depending on the shotgun shell yes, 12 shots will be dispersed. Shotguns are swiss army knives of the gun world, they shoot anything from grenades to fire and whirling blades of death. Ah the EMP shotgun.. I only got a few lucky kills with that thing, I was way better with the scatter blaster or Nullray depending on if I was a Scout. And as for the sciences of Laser based shotguns.. I have looked into building a death ray in my spare time. ^_^ Glowstick's current lasers are based off the ones used for missile defense technology in the military, just with a more varied output and focal length.But going transmetal he looses the mobility for raw power.

And in a way, some of the transmetals were Downgrades. Cheetor being a good example, he kept having to bring his hands together to act as a gun..because his toy didn't come with a gun.

Anyway, you can keep modifying things or just stay with the old version of Starshadow and modify her, I mean heck, the current version has armor accessories, if she wanted that to go further in that direction she could just have new armor developed or have certain accessories replaced for something different. Though they'd have to be stored in the Leviathan or Darksyde so she'd have to go back and change in the quarters(which could take a little time with all the accessories) if she wanted to change based off the mission requirements.. In other words, she'd be more like the Impluse Gundam/Strike Gundam/Liger Zero instead of Gaia gundam. You could then replace the Sonic scream she currently has with energy draining fangs since mostly you've just wanted to use a more vampiric nature with Starshadow anyway.