A Fourth Film?

Where you can post announcements and other cool things. Doesn't have to be BW-related.

Moderators: Nurann, Starath, Sinead, Optimal Optimus Primal, Razor One

una
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
RPG Characters: Whitegrazer, TyCross, and Blackarachnia

A Fourth Film?

Unread post by una »

There is going to be a fourth film (I thought it was a rumor but from recent interivews...)but Micheal Bay and Shia have only said that the third one will be their last.

It will probably be a reboot, though.

Also, people are guessing Spielberg might direct it.

This is a little of what Tyrese Gibson said in a recent interview (Got this off of TFW2005):

"There are no concepts, no direction, no nothing for Transfomers 4, because everyone has been so focused on Transformers: Dark of the Moon. But here is the safety net. Are you ready for this? Michael Bay decides to not come back for Transfomers 4. There is always Steven Spielberg! I am not saying that Steven Spielberg is for a fact going to direct Transfomers 4. But it is a beautiful safety net to know that one of the biggest, most respected directors in the world happens to be an executive producer on Transformers. He is someone who knows this world. And he could easily step in and direct Transfomers 4 if he decided to.

Thoughts?
Blazemane
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Unread post by Blazemane »

For me, it depends on what happens in the 3rd movie. If it ends in a really... series conclusive way (like the Autobots leaving Earth permanently), and there's a lot of the film's logic and/or emotional weight (should it have any) resting on that conclusion, I'd think a 4th movie would be a bad idea.

Of course, there are plenty of writers out there with a lot of creativity, and a good movie could be made even if the 3rd seems to finish things. I mean, I was really surprised when I head Pixar was doing Toy Story 3, but what they did with it was awesome. So I guess it also depends on what the 4th movie would be like.
I understand... you are, after all, a predacon.

[img]http://www.bwint.net/memberfanclubterrorsaur.jpg[/img] [img]http://www.bwint.net/bannersbfanclub2.jpg[/img]
una
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Unread post by una »

I think it would be a reboot. That's my opinion because Dark of the Moon sounds like it would have a very conclusive ending (or as conclusive as they can get.)

Hasbro is really determined to have another movie.
Blazemane
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Unread post by Blazemane »

Oh, right.

Well... I sorta feel the same way about a reboot. I have no idea how they could pull of a new story-line worth telling so soon after the first movie. But if someone could come up with something that was really good, and it made the series seem worth rebooting, then I'd enjoy it.
I understand... you are, after all, a predacon.

[img]http://www.bwint.net/memberfanclubterrorsaur.jpg[/img] [img]http://www.bwint.net/bannersbfanclub2.jpg[/img]
Alak
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Unread post by Alak »

Either that or they're continuing with a different protagonist:

Night-Hunter
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
Location: Looking for my sanity... *sigh* Still can't find it.

Unread post by Night-Hunter »

Oh god, that's either a good idea or a really bad idea and having Leo as the next protagonist is laughable.
"The enemy of my enemy is my bro."
JazZeke
Location: Arizona, where the grass is always greener... on the other side of the state line!

Unread post by JazZeke »

I wouldn't mind seeing this continuity continued under more competent hands. I grow weary of reboots, and I think the general movie-going audience has too.

Robert Zemeckis should be brought in to direct. Just sayin'.
WorpeX
Ultra Poster!
Ultra Poster!

Unread post by WorpeX »

Transformers 4: BEAST WARS!
Alak
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Unread post by Alak »

lol Sam and Carly go back in time. They're forced to run around in loin cloths and avoid prehistoric danger.
JazZeke
Location: Arizona, where the grass is always greener... on the other side of the state line!

Unread post by JazZeke »

Alak wrote:lol Sam and Carly go back in time. They're forced to run around in loin cloths and avoid prehistoric danger.
DAMNIT, ALAK! I did NOT need the mental image of Shia Lebeoff in a loincloth!

I HATE YOU!
Night-Hunter
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
Location: Looking for my sanity... *sigh* Still can't find it.

Unread post by Night-Hunter »

Sam and Carly go back in time. They're forced to run around in loin cloths and avoid prehistoric danger.
Shia in a loin cloth *drools like Homer*

I HATE YOU!
*Can barely breathe due to laughing to hard.*

Forget about Shia and Carly, let TF 4 just be about the robots, make it a prequel or some thing. Or like WorpeX suggested TF Beast Wars.
"The enemy of my enemy is my bro."
Alak
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Unread post by Alak »

JazZeke wrote:
Alak wrote:lol Sam and Carly go back in time. They're forced to run around in loin cloths and avoid prehistoric danger.

I HATE YOU!

una
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Unread post by una »

Is it wrong that I stared at that cat for ten minutes? XDD

Such a cute kitty.

Shia in loincloth? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: