Avengers (2012)

Where you can post announcements and other cool things. Doesn't have to be BW-related.

Moderators: Nurann, Starath, Sinead, Optimal Optimus Primal, Razor One

Alak
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Avengers (2012)

Unread post by Alak »

This popped up online yesterday.

Last edited by Alak on Wed Jun 15, 2011 11:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Optimal Optimus Primal
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
RPG Characters: Optimus Primal, Rattrap, Rhinox, Megatron, Inferno

Unread post by Optimal Optimus Primal »

A white box with a red "X" inside of it? I've never seen one of those before! :lol: Sorry. Just kidding, Alak. On a serious note, the image does not appear to be working.
"Well, that's just prime!"
Alak
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Unread post by Alak »

Sorry, I just fixed it with a different image host. It should work now.
Optimal Optimus Primal
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
RPG Characters: Optimus Primal, Rattrap, Rhinox, Megatron, Inferno

Unread post by Optimal Optimus Primal »

It's working now. Looks awesome! My favorite out of all of them, though, is Iron Man. However, I don't recognize the archor... Who is that dude?
"Well, that's just prime!"
Night-Hunter
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
Location: Looking for my sanity... *sigh* Still can't find it.

Unread post by Night-Hunter »

I don't recognize the archor... Who is that dude?
I think that's the Green Arrow.
"The enemy of my enemy is my bro."
Alak
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Unread post by Alak »

Green Arrow is from DC Comics. That's Hawkeye in the poster (a.k.a. - Clint Barton). He made a cameo appearance in the recent Thor movie as a S.H.I.E.L.D. agent. Marvel apparently didn't consider him important enough to have his own movie, so cameos are the most we're going to get until the Avengers comes out.
JazZeke
Location: Arizona, where the grass is always greener... on the other side of the state line!

Unread post by JazZeke »

I am loving Cap's new suit. Hawkeye's really too blurry to make out but I just know with Whedon at the helm he's going to be a show-stealer. Really couldn't care less about Black Widow. I was expecting War Machine to show up, but I guess it makes sense if he's absent. One Armored Avenger is enough. (I expect at least a cameo scene that shows him dealing with whatever crisis threatens Earth elsewhere, at least.)

Little disappointed Ant Man and Wasp are not in the poster, so I guess Fillion's not getting more than a cameo in the movie. Bummer.
Night-Hunter wrote:
I don't recognize the archor... Who is that dude?
I think that's the Green Arrow.
*double-handed facepalm*
Night-Hunter
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
Location: Looking for my sanity... *sigh* Still can't find it.

Unread post by Night-Hunter »

*double-handed facepalm*
*rolls eyes* So I got one guy mixed up with totally different dude, my bad. It's not the end of the world.
"The enemy of my enemy is my bro."
Alak
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Unread post by Alak »

Don't worry about it, it's a comic lovers thing. The screw up is just emphasized since you confused a Marvel character with a DC one, something that would be more obvious to JZ since he's an Arizona Avenger. That, and Green Arrow has a green costume while Hawk Eye is purple.
The Crab

Unread post by The Crab »

Woah, wait, Hawkeye was more than a cameo in the Thor movie?

Hulk SMASH-loving aside, I think if Hawkeye gets a fairly important role in the movie, I just became more excitededed.
Is the answer to this question "No"?

LYSDEXIC DARAPOX.
Alak
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Unread post by Alak »

No, he was just cameo. He had maybe 1-2 minutes of screen time. I think, but don't quote me on this, he said three lines total.
Nurann
Site Admin

Unread post by Nurann »

Alak wrote:No, he was just cameo. He had maybe 1-2 minutes of screen time. I think, but don't quote me on this, he said three lines total.
Yeah, something along the lines of "Can I shoot yet?" and "Still waiting..." He was the dude targeting Thor while Thor tried to break into the temporary compound. That's the only scene I remember him being in.

Heh, I barely knew the difference between the two characters and made the slip-up myself once. I got one hell of a lesson from my boyfriend and his buddies over that one too >.> Never made that mistake again! I'm still not very familiar with who belongs to what Universe though.
~Nurannoniel Amruniel ~ Blessed Be~
JazZeke
Location: Arizona, where the grass is always greener... on the other side of the state line!

Unread post by JazZeke »

Nurann wrote:Heh, I barely knew the difference between the two characters and made the slip-up myself once. I got one hell of a lesson from my boyfriend and his buddies over that one too >.> Never made that mistake again! I'm still not very familiar with who belongs to what Universe though.
A good way to tell is, if they have cool powers, they're DC. If they have cool personalities/characterizations, they're Marvel.

Yeah, I'm a Marvel fanboy. :P
Alak
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Unread post by Alak »

haha... still can't get over Thor's hair. IT'S REAL!!!

The way I remembered was that Green Arrow belongs to the same company as Green Lantern (yeah, DC was too creative there). Green Lantern belongs to the Justice League which is DC's equivalent to Marvel's Avengers. Furthermore, the most notable member of the Justice League (even though he's not actually a founding member) is Superman and everyone knows that Superman belongs to DC Comics. Green Arrow also belongs to the JL, but not many people know that.
Alak
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Unread post by Alak »

Monologue Teaser:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Chql6GsaPb0

If you stay at the end of Captain America's credits, you'll see a trailer for the Avengers. Here's a low quality cam-version:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SJm91D1Mz8I