Full TM Orcariner Schematics

Post any artwork here, whether it be BW related or not.

Moderators: Nurann, Starath, Sinead, Optimal Optimus Primal, Razor One

Alak
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Full TM Orcariner Schematics

Unread post by Alak »

..::Click Image To View Full Size::..

NAME: Orcariner
ALLEGIANCE: Maximal
FUNCTION: Sentry, Marine & Aerial Patrol, Transport
ALTERNATE MODE: Killer Whale, Helicopter
HEIGHT: 7 meters (~22' 11") in beast and vehicle form; approximately 6 meters (~19' 8") in robot form
QUOTE: “I can fly now!”

STRENGTH: 10
INTELLIGENCE: 8
SPEED: 7
ENDURANCE: 10
COURAGE: 7
FIREPOWER: 0
SKILL: 8
[Stats excluding rank must not total over 50!]

BIO: To be included as soon as Season 2 arrives.

WEAPONS: Unlike his previous form, Orcariner now only wields one energo sword as a weapon. However, this blade resembles that of a broad sword with straight edges rather than serrated ones. The sword’s reach is longer, and it becomes even more lethal when combined with a boosted lunge attack. The limit of this weapon’s cutting ability has yet to be recorded. The combination of Orcariner’s sheer strength and body mass with the sword’s power equate to a striking force that is unrivaled by any other in the Beast Wars.

ABILITIES: Being a Transmetal, Orcariner now has the ability to transform into a helicopter. His pectoral fins may act as hard points to attach external weaponry or seats so that he may provide aerial transport for Maximal infantry or supplies. The upgrades he had installed in his previous form are not only present, but they have been enhanced due to the removal of his old body’s power limitations. Sonar emissions are now running full time simultaneously with his advanced radar technology. The main antenna cone is no longer housed in Orcariner’s vulnerable dorsal fin, but is now shielded beneath his circular chest piece. The gravity lifts continue to aid him in flight as well as providing the extra boost in battle when necessary. The boosters are also able to increase his underwater speeds to roughly 50 mph. One new feature obtained is the ability to emit a translucent energy shield around him. The shield resembles a dome constructed of hexagonal patterns and it also encompasses those within a 5 meter radius of his body. It is capable of absorbing the impacts of energy projectiles, explosions, and various sizes of missiles. Orcariner’s shield lasts for 20 seconds after deployment. Another new feature that Orcariner obtained during the Transmetal process was the tactical headset. The device analyzes environments, indigenous life forms, and personnel in real time. The data is stored in Orcariner’s own databanks (in the form of video, sound, and pictures) and it may be re-uploaded into external computers or hard drives. The headset may also be used for other functions. During low-light operations, it may act as an additional light source.

WEAKNESSES: The change to transmetal has taken away Orcariner’s capability of ranged combat, limiting him to the confines of close quarters battle. His large frame as well as his powerful and constant emission of radar and sonar is enough to alert the enemy base of his presence in their airfield. The sounds of his rotary blades alone are enough to alert individuals before the orca is even visible. At night, his vehicle mode is also visible to opposing forces due to the blinking navigation lights that are present for safety purposes. While powerful, Orcariner’s shield requires him to put forth both arms for deployment. The energy required to maintain such a large shield also immobilizes him upon use, rendering him incapable or attacking or evading. Furthermore, the shield prevents anyone or anything from leaving its confines. This may sometimes prove disadvantageous for allies within range of cover as Orcariner is forced to hold the shield for the entirety of its 20 second duration. The shield also requires a 5 minute recharge time unless Orcariner is willing to shut down his other processors to compensate for the excessive energy usage. Finally, the tactical headset is not protected by any armor whatsoever. If Orcariner fails to protect it in combat, the device could easily be destroyed.

I am definitely open to feedback and suggestions. If there are any inconsistencies, things that need to be changed, or things that need to be removed outright, then please let me know. I'm all for character balance so you know I'm more than willing to patch TM Orcariner if he's broken in any way. Season 2 still has some time before its reached and I'll probably be mending the profile anyhow. As for the schematics, I essentially designed half of the beast mode, mirrored it, and then combined the two halves together to ensure perfect symmetry. With the beast mode completed, I added two things to the original robot mode schematic: the dorsal fin and the tail (or half of it). I will not draw a vehicle mode at this time because I'm feeling exhausted with the Transmetal project. Just know that the tail opens in half (similar to how the Venetor-class Star Destroyer opens its hanger in Star Wars Episode III) and reveals a jet engine. The dorsal fin rises up, carrying the rotor motor with it and the blades fan out in a circular pattern. Gravity lifts will assist him in maintaining altitude and lifting off/landing, but the jets will help him travel forward.
Last edited by Alak on Sun Jun 12, 2011 3:30 am, edited 2 times in total.
Blazemane
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Unread post by Blazemane »

I don't think you even need to allow bullets to travel through his force field, unless you'd prefer that exchange so some Maximals within the field's perimeter could shoot outward.

If it can only be on for 20 seconds, renders Ocariner completely immobile for that time, and then takes 5 minutes to charge up again, I'd say it deserves to block everything. A strategically minded Predacon can still wait for the right moment to strike, and if the shield starts to irritate them (to a point), than that just means the shield is an asset for Ocariner like it's meant to be.

Nice designs, by the way. :lol:
I understand... you are, after all, a predacon.

[img]http://www.bwint.net/memberfanclubterrorsaur.jpg[/img] [img]http://www.bwint.net/bannersbfanclub2.jpg[/img]
Alak
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Unread post by Alak »

Thanks! Since Steelclaw is the primary ballistics users of the Predacon force and you have given your "blessing", I went ahead took that weakness out of shield's abilities.