Transmetal Glowstick Concept

Post any artwork here, whether it be BW related or not.

Moderators: Nurann, Starath, Sinead, Optimal Optimus Primal, Razor One

NaitoKage
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Transmetal Glowstick Concept

Unread post by NaitoKage »

I have been pondering this out for.. a very long time. And I really couldn't think of anything I liked, sketch after countless sketch.. the main problem being how to make Glowstick a little more tanky, because normally he isn't.I even pondered giving up, just leaving him as a normal, or letting him die off in season 2 to be replaced with a more Tank like character to fill a role that will not be filled until Rampage shows up.

So talking to Nem, she pointed out I should just develop some sorta.. Power armor. I thought for awhile about this, while universal power armor would be nice, I doubt the others would be okay with that sorta thing without some sorta major sacrifices.

But in anycase, this idea came to mind. Have Glowstick ditch the vehicle mode, his beast mode is massive, he splits into two components for a small robot mode, displayed bellow. The other half would act as a sort of portable repair bay/combat deck, and or become a type of powered armor used to increase Glowstick's size and alter his combat capabilities. The Smaller Core mode, would be weakest as it'd only use 45 stat points and only carry two arm laser cannons with retractable squid tentacles for fingers. Combine, Glowstick's stats would be the new 50 limit, which doesn't sound all that impressive until you realize the versatility of the body. Also pondering having the power armor have the ability to be operated by one of the smaller Predacons with a +3 to endurance,+2 to strength and the ability to fly/operate underwater.

Alak
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Unread post by Alak »

Very cool design, it really reminds of the style used in the Metroid Prime trilogy. So is he's pretty much a giant squid who's capable of modifying his body size? Also, if the separated part becomes a combat deck rather than a medical center, does that take away any weapons his other half would normally utilize?
NaitoKage
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Huh, yeah it does kinda look Metroidy. I was just pondering how the heck to make something that was normally transparent and fleshy, look transparent, glow, and more mechanical like a transmetal and just ended up coming to mind.

Basically you could compare Glowstick to RID Optimus Prime/Car Robo Fire Convoy in how he transforms, and maybe something like Powermaster Prime or Starsaber in combining.. Though maybe more like Tekkaman Blade and Pegas if I wanted it to be a more.. universal armor. His smaller form wont be using any weapons from his combat deck/medical center form, and I imagine the weapons from his smaller form will be inaccessibly in his armor mode.

Though already wondering if I should just scrap this again since it does fit under the list of things OOP didn't want in the game, and..if Glowstick becomes too powerful, he'll probably end up trying to overthrow Megatron in the most brutally violent way possible. Hmm.. that would prevent Beast machines from happening.. *LOL*
Alak
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Unread post by Alak »

Well try asking OOP and see what she thinks about the current design. Did you figure out just how big you wanted TM Glowstick to be yet? Also, I don't think we'll have to worry about Megatron. He's a flying T-Rex in season 2. Just saying it resonates powers. Flying. T-Rex. Gotta love the image that brings to mind.

Anyway, even if OOP rejects the notion of having a second giant OC, maybe you can at least keep the image and just change his stats/size/abilities. I dig the appearance so I'm hoping you won't have to scrap it.
Blazemane
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Unread post by Blazemane »

He looks like he's from the movieverse to me. And he kinda looks like he could turn into a helicopter. Very nice design.
if Glowstick becomes too powerful, he'll probably end up trying to overthrow Megatron in the most brutally violent way possible. Hmm.. that would prevent Beast machines from happening.. *LOL*
Also, I don't think we'll have to worry about Megatron. He's a flying T-Rex in season 2. Just saying it resonates powers. Flying. T-Rex. Gotta love the image that brings to mind.
Yeah. And Megatron is still a brilliant mastermind.

Though I have a feeling Glowstick's going to snap when Megatron tries to commit genocide...
I understand... you are, after all, a predacon.

[img]http://www.bwint.net/memberfanclubterrorsaur.jpg[/img] [img]http://www.bwint.net/bannersbfanclub2.jpg[/img]
NaitoKage
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

True. Megatron is a genius as well as a power house.

And no, I doubt Glowstick is going to be happy about genocide, I doubt Steelclaw is going to be happy about that either. They may be Predacons, but they aren't clean cut evil.

Hm.. I suppose Glowstick could use a weapon off the armor if he ends up with the Raver blade still, since that thing can change sizes. Probably have that perfected into a proper Energo blade if that is the case.
NaitoKage
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Not sure I'll stick with this design, but it does convey the sorta bulkiness that the armored form would have.

Size wise, Core Glowstick is going to be around 7 ft tall, same size as TM Tarantulus. The armor itself is going to be 15 ft or so. Weapons on the armor being the Raver blade as a energo sword, and a variable Electro laser rifle(which will be too big for anyone other then Rampage to use).Shoulders would have mounting points for exterior weapons like the Laser Minigun or a user's hand held weapons. User enters in the back and part of their legs are inside the upper leg section, the armor form will be impossible to perform actions like running or jogging so it'll mostly hover, fly, or use ground effect when low to the ground to float at speed. Normal walking should be fine though.

Might have part of Glowstick's spark just split off into part of the armor, so the idea of ditching the armor isn't an option, if one half dies, both parts of Glowstick die.

Operators other then Glowstick would have to be between Steelclaw/Rattrap's size to Tarantulus or Cheetor size, anyone like Inferno or Dinobot wouldn't fit.
NaitoKage
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Backup plan, since I like the first design as much as you guys do.

In the case of the armor thing not working out, I guess the image above would transform almost exactly the same as current Glowstick does, and probably have the stretching arms current Glowstick has. Stats wise, I'd probably throw the points either into speed, strength, or a majority into Firepower.. Just a few points away from level 10 firepower, which none of the characters have. Though be awkward for a Medic to have firepower equal to a satellite laser I guess.*L* as for a third weapon.. either keep the Raver blade.. or ditch it for a energy sword or katar emitted from an arm or something.
Alak
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Unread post by Alak »

lol I had to pull up that and the original side by side to see what the changes were. Subtle, but I really like it. Maybe for the sword, you can have it act as an adjustable energy blade that is capable of being downsized to act as a scalpel. It'd fit for his medic role.
NaitoKage
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

True, usually he just uses his lasers for that.. heck, he uses his lasers for everything. Though then I'd really wonder if a pure energy weapon would use firepower or strength stat since at that point you'd be swinging around something with no true weight.
Alak
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Unread post by Alak »

Yeah good point, I honestly wouldn't really have an energy sword impact Glowstick's stats. Something like that would probably have its effectiveness illustrated by the Skill stat if anything. You may have to describe its cutting ability in the weapons part of the biography.
NaitoKage
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Hmm.. Reminds me of what Phoenix was telling me about updating the rules and stats for the game to make the skill stat more useful for things like certain melee classes and so on.
NaitoKage
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

More Concept art!

Profile:

NAME:Transmetal Glowstick
ALLEGIANCE:Predacon
FUNCTION:Communications,Espionage, Engineering, Sub Commander.
ALTERNATE MODE:"Sparkling Enope Squid" aka Firefly squid (Hotaru Ika) aka Toyama squid.
HEIGHT: 9 ft
QUOTE:"You got guts.. Let me see them!"

STRENGTH:6
INTELLIGENCE:8
SPEED:7
ENDURANCE:5
COURAGE:7
FIREPOWER:10
SKILL:7
[Stats excluding rank must not total over 50!]

WEAPONS/ABILITIES:
Weapons:

(X2) Buster Laser Cannons: At the cost of the mobility of his old lasers, his new ones pack a far greater punch and range. The internal focusing lens can be as pinpoint as a laser scalpel or emit as much unfocused light as a flashlight, the output levels have become to the level of borderline satellite cannons or small battleship cannons. By controlling the focus and output, Glowstick can throw enough energy into a wide unfocused blast to make a target feel like they were punched by a brickwall of light or produce lower output fast and still rather precise rapid shots. Charging and firing both cannons together produces enough output and range that even Glowstick himself is not entirely sure how far he can shoot but requires assistance in targeting past his visual range or through obstacles.

Glowplug: (Electro energy sword/Blue Ghost Firefly Drone)
The transformation of the Raver blade, the sword took on new existence as a moderately artificiality intelligent drone capable of some minor tasks and decision making of it's own. In it's firefly form the creature is capable of flying and even lifting small allies which are injured or acting as a small rocket pack for limited flight though the thruster's true purpose fall more into the sword mode's use. Glowplug is also equipped with an array of sensors for recon, speakers, microphones, a radio relay and transceiver, and a small holographic projector for use in communications or whatever interests Glowstick may desire.

In Sword mode, the Firefly emits two streams of bottled electrical energy similar to a beamsaber from it's optics, heating a surface hit by the weapon into the 4th state of matter, plasma. While in contact, the sword may inflict circuit searing electricity onto/into the victim, the length of the energy blade being controlled by the output of the user and their firepower rating.(For instance, Glowstick could have a massive sword, burning up his energy quickly and cause massive damage, or reduce the output and have a more normal sized sword without being overkill and just destroying other people's melee weapons. ) Another feature of the weapon is two rather powerful thrusters capable of moving and operating to the user's control, allowing the sword to produce a counter force on guarding against impacts from stronger warriors, though can also be used as a extra set of thrusters to allow the user to make a quick dodge.

Accessories:

Visor: A new feature, besides Glowstick having a face, is his visor. Acting as a hud, it displays his internal diganostics, radar,communications, targeting information, sonar detection, and darkens to prevent him from destroying his own optics firing his guns or using his sword. It seals effectively with his new combat mask, protecting his face.

Communications package:As a communications officer, he specializes in listening to radio channels and unscrambling encrypted signals and relaying them to others, even using short ranged jamming equipment clouding the radio channels with music or static noise. However finding such encryption is not an automatic thing, they have to be dialed in through channels, altering antenna frequencies, and examined.

Sonar sensor: Attached to the top center of his helmet is a fleshy transparent sensor designed to detect sound waves and use them to produce a 3d image onto Glowstick's visor, though this system doesn't have a specific ultra sonic emission, Glowstick simply uses the bouncing soundwaves of his music to provide the necessary sounds.

Medical kit: mounted to his back, the Med kit provides a variety of tools and spare parts for repairing transformers or other electronics.

Ink/Smokescreen Emission:Projected from Glowstick's shoulders and back, or spit as ink from either mouth (Mostly comical or dramatic effect..), Glowstick can emit a cloud of obscuring smoke similar to a real squid's ink to make an escape or for other tactics based on the situation.

Squid Venom: In his beast mode, or.. robot mode(Rarely..) Glowstick is equipped with modified squid venom, which he mostly uses for medical purposes. The venom acts as a painkiller numbing and intoxicating the victim after being bitten, acting as a energy discharge through the beak or teeth.

Tentacle fingers:Attached to his gun arms, which act as his feeder tentacles in beast mode. The tentacle fingers are retractable limbs which can extend and assist further in Glowstick's skills of repairs, each limb having an array of suction cups while the thumbs merely have them at the ends, the limbs also conceal connective parts for doing diagnostic or hacking on computers and cybertronians, as well as a small camera for repairs in tight places.

Transmetal parts:flight mode:
Strangely, not really all that much different from the OLD version, Glowstick can fly in his beast mode or robot mode, though now with a more rigid body his issues with air currents are mostly lost, speeding through the sky on a adjustable energon rocket engine, while his body has an array of smaller thrusters allowing for fast twitch adjustments in his flight course.

WEAKNESSES: Glowstick is in essence a glass cannon, high damage but low defense, even having some of his body armor being transparent squid flesh around the chest,abs,legs, and some joints. Prolonged use of his Glowplug sword will over heat his systems and rapidly drain away his energy reserves with the risk of stasis lock. Glowstick's laser cannons are prone to over heating and use ALOT of energy from his systems, especially charged shots which if used excessively can put Glowstick into stasis lock, or cause damage to the weapons from variable degrees of minor to simply catastrophic causing his arms to explode, this limit can be overcome when in a water source but that is fairly rare. Glowstick's body is not as soft and flexible as it once was, though still capable of stretching and having more joints then the average transformer. Strangely,as a side effect of his obsession with floating, Glowstick's legs are far less effective at running on land.
starshadow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Unread post by starshadow »

Grey, blue with epic pose? Awesome! :3
Alak
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Unread post by Alak »

Very nice! Not sure if we've had a glass cannon in our RPG yet but it'll be interesting to see how he plays out in Season 2.