Osama's Dead

Where you can post announcements and other cool things. Doesn't have to be BW-related.

Moderators: Nurann, Starath, Sinead, Optimal Optimus Primal, Razor One

Alak
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Osama's Dead

Unread post by Alak »

In case you didn't read or hear about it yet:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/42852700/ns ... tral_asia/
starshadow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Unread post by starshadow »

Whooooot!!! :D :D :D
Phoenix
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
RPG Characters: Nemesis,Aurora,Zodiac

Unread post by Phoenix »

Oh it was all over my work place tonight as I was getting off.
Nurann
Site Admin

Unread post by Nurann »

As a member of the pvpgames.com forums put it, "goodbye to the international champion of hide-and-seek." And good riddance.
~Nurannoniel Amruniel ~ Blessed Be~
Beastbot
Ultra Poster!
Ultra Poster!

Unread post by Beastbot »

I'll use another quotable from John Hindenraker of Powerline.com:

"Apparently we have the body, too. What to do with it? No ideas yet, but something really humiliating."
Last updated April 25th
Current Transformers Total: 4,975
Phoenix
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Unread post by Phoenix »

Not sure what will become of the body, honestly. Some reports stated he will be brought to the US, whereas another news site reported he already was buried at sea since no country wanted the body.
Wicked Woman
Ultra Poster!
Ultra Poster!

Unread post by Wicked Woman »

The burried at sea was confirmed this morning by Breakfast Television (Toronto news)

Wow...just wow... I hate to say this, but I had nearly forgot about him. I am however glad that the victims of 9/11 get some sort of closure now.

WW
Prime: "Any last words?"
Demolisher: "not the face, NOT THE FACE!"
una
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
RPG Characters: Whitegrazer, TyCross, and Blackarachnia

Unread post by una »

I glad we finally got him and justice for the 9/11 victims and their families.

It just shows you that evil men may hide but they can't forever. They will slip and people will get them.
Rakshash

Unread post by Rakshash »

Thank goodness. It's about time.
I believe that unarmed truth and unconditional love will have the final word in reality. This is why right, temporarily defeated, is stronger than evil triumphant.
— Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.
Night-Hunter
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
Location: Looking for my sanity... *sigh* Still can't find it.

Unread post by Night-Hunter »

I found out yesterday, but I would drop your guard just yet, Osama had a lot of loyal followers and from what I heard, they will try to avenge his death.
"The enemy of my enemy is my bro."
starshadow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Unread post by starshadow »

Is anybody celebrating this? :P Just kidding.
Dannn Sanew

Unread post by Dannn Sanew »

He was never wanted for the 9/11 attacks

http://www.twf.org/News/Y2006/0608-BinLaden.html

And he died a long time ago

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ksatFd8 ... r_embedded

I mean the goverment lied about Pat Tillman death,Jessica Lynch, weapons of mass destructio, the list goes on. The whole burial at sea thing is also a lie. The only way he should had been buried at sea if he died at sea and they couldn't get the body back to land before it decayed.
Phoenix
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Unread post by Phoenix »

Sigh.. There always has to be some conspiracy theories out there..

But no.. Osama Bin Laden admitted to being responsible for the 911 attacks years ago, whether or not that specific attack was reflected on information on the most wanted list.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,137095,00.html

As for him being dead years ago, I too heard that rumor. But personally I trust the American government, the soldiers involved, and even the Al Qaeda members who all verified that he was just killed in the beginning of May, rather than some single fellow muslim who claimed he attended Osama's funeral years ago. There were videos shot of the guy that could be dated fairly recently, which doesn't exactly back up the 'he died years ago' claim.

The funeral at sea issue does seem a bit odd, but the explanation of not wanting to give his followers a grave to flock to does make some sense. I don't necessarily agree with the decision that was made, however it does not bother me much either.
Dannn Sanew

Unread post by Dannn Sanew »

I realized we have different opinions on the matters and this will be my last post on the subject.

The 2004 tape is consider to be a fake.

http://whatreallyhappened.com/WRHARTICL ... tape2.html

He was also very sick according to this cbs new report. If he was really that sick I doubt he would still be alive after nine years.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1OW4A-yd9BI

Alot of things don't add up. Like how could you comfirm someone DNA in under a day, to conflicting details about the raid, to him conveniently walking outside a hour a day for a month after hiding all these years. To top it off his death made Obama popular again,as he's gearing up for the 2012 election.
Phoenix
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Unread post by Phoenix »

Well of course Obama will try to milk this event for what it's worth to regain popularity before the 2012 election. The guy isn't stupid and realizes the news of Osama's death touched a lot of people in some way. Yet even with Osama's death, the president's popularity has not soared nearly as much as he might have wanted. An initial surge, perhaps, but there is no evidence it will win him the election.

The tape I was referring to was dated to 2010 actually, based on the events taking place on Osama's tv set during one of his home videos.

Other of his tapes also refer to events that took place more recently than 2004.

Yes, we all heard the rumors of health problems. But as far as I'm concerned they were just that.. rumors. I read he was on dialysis treatments for a kidney disease, a serious condition indeed but he could have survived a long time if he managed to continue those treatments or even got a transplant. The guy was rich and had many allies willing to work with him, so we don't know what happened to him and his health, if the health reports were even accurate in the first place.

Finally preliminary DNA testing where they compare someone's dna against known relatives exist. They can use these one day dna tests to compare markers between a father or other relative and a child, for instance, and they admitted to using dna from Bin Laden's deceased sister as well as other relatives to perform the test on him. In his case they got a match, by comparing his sample to family members rather than document his entire dna chain.