Music Thread

Where you can post announcements and other cool things. Doesn't have to be BW-related.

Moderators: Nurann, Starath, Sinead, Optimal Optimus Primal, Razor One

Alak
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Music Thread

Unread post by Alak »

We all listen to music, and a good way to learn what our tastes are is to share them with others. I'm just going to post links to songs that I'm currently listening to at the moment. Here's one:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4jlemD8K ... re=related

It helps me study for my Anatomy & Physiology exam. You guys don't have to post just one song at a time. Feel free to drop as many links as you want if you think they're all worth sharing.
Razor One
Site Admin

Unread post by Razor One »

I love a good music thread!

For the sake of convenience I'm going to ask that people restrict their choices to three songs per post. Dumping a load of links isn't fun for someone wading through the swathe. Wait until someone else has posted prior to posting again if you really want to share more songs with the public at large.

Post links in the form of <<Artist Name - Song Name>> and optionally <<Insert Reason Why We Like the Song Here>> so we can identify stuff a bit more easily. It helps knowing before we clicky the linky what we're listening to. If it's a song we love we can use that as an excuse to listen. If we dislike it, we can avoid it. If we don't know it, we can satiate our curiosity as we see fit. Everyone wins!

It goes without saying that not all my music is going to be to everyone's taste. Rest assured my collection is the definition of the word eclectic.

Ilya Soloviev - Universal Universe - I love the way this song sounds. It's like silk on the ears for me once it takes off. My Mp3 player is quite familiar with this song being stuck on infinite repeat.

Two Steps From Hell - Freedom Fighters - Those of you with astute hearing will recognise this music from the trailer for the recent Star Trek film. Awesome song when you need to fish for inspiration.

ACDC - War Machine - Dun-dun-dun-dun-dunnnn! Dun-dun-dun-dun-dunnnn! This song is made of ROCK! I swear it's almost like a machi-**gets crushed by random war machine on the rampage**
Alak
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Unread post by Alak »

*high fives*

I love the War Machine song! I lost count of how many times I listened to it after watching Iron man 2 :D
una
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
RPG Characters: Whitegrazer, TyCross, and Blackarachnia

Unread post by una »

Faunts-M4 (Part Two) - I love this song =) It starts out cool and calm then picks up to a fast pace. I just love it!

Skillet - Awake and Alive - I love Skillet =) A rock band with songs I would listen to over and over again.

Skillet - Whispers in the Dark - Another Skillet song which was the first one I listened to.

Skillet - Hero- And another one XDDDDDDDD

Two Steps From Hell- Heart of Courage - I love Two Steps From Hell as well. Their music is so from heroic to evil, to calm to suspenseful. This is one of heroism ;)

Two Steps From Hell - Sons of War - This one is of danger ;) I think XDD Dangerous individuals I guess XD

And here are some songs that are Transformers related ;)

Stan Bush - Till All Are One
Next of Kin - Transform

These are only a sample from me. I have more XDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD
Alak
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Unread post by Alak »

Never listened to Skillet, but I appreciate you sharing since I enjoyed the songs. Here's three songs I've been listening to:

Kanye West - Dark Fantasy (explicit)

Lotus Juice - Psychedelic Souljam

Lloyd Banks (feat. Swizz Beatz, Kanye West, Ryan Leslie, and Fabolous) - Start It Up (explicit)

Ryan Leslie sings for like 5 seconds in that last song, but I still think it's the best part of the song lol.

***EDIT***

Btw, Una, you just got me hooked on that "Heart of Courage" song :)
Blazemane
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Unread post by Blazemane »

Three links?

Well, then, in no attempt of displaying favoritism among the things I like...

Samwise the Brave- Howard Shore -This track, for me, seems not only to match, but to further promote, the feeling of the scene(s) it accompanies (so much so, that it remains profound even without the movie to go with it). Note: after 2:57, the work transitions into what is entirely a different theme. I'm not referring to that section, although Gollum's theme has a lot going for it too. 3 links, 3 links...

Shadow on the Sun- Audioslave -Once again, context helps me enjoy this song- I gained an appreciation for it after hearing its use in Collateral. I'm having trouble saying exactly what I feel with this song, but... I think the repetitive chord progression with quickly alternating notes seems to convey a sense of building intensity which results in the... yearning (?) of the chorus. And the expression of that yearning seems vindicating for the singer (Chris Cornell).

I don't know. Something like that. The song is awesome.

Waiting for the End- Linkin Park -This is catchy. I'm often spurred on to harmonize with it. And the guitar solo at 3:05 is amazing for at least sounding simple while being surprisingly effective.
I understand... you are, after all, a predacon.

[img]http://www.bwint.net/memberfanclubterrorsaur.jpg[/img] [img]http://www.bwint.net/bannersbfanclub2.jpg[/img]
Alak
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Unread post by Alak »

I, too, love that Linkin park song. The rest of the album is ok, but this one really demands replay. I wonder if Bay will put it in the third Transformers movie lol. Here's 3 more links:

Globus - Europa (Instrumental) - This song just screams epic. One of the best combinations of orchestra and choir I've ever heard.

Ryan Leslie - Gibberish - The artist scrambles up the vocals so you can't understand him, but his voice is still catchy when combined with the instrumental.

T.M. Revolution - Resonance - The opening of the anime Soul Eater. It really gets me hyped up.
Razor One
Site Admin

Unread post by Razor One »

Alak wrote:*high fives*

I love the War Machine song! I lost count of how many times I listened to it after watching Iron man 2 :D
ACDC are made of epic win in my books. It's pretty much the song I use when deleting and banning spambots.

I break out stronger tunes for greater justice. Unfortunately they're somewhat explicit so I'll dodge linking those :D

Guns N' Roses - Civil War - An excellent rock tune by true legends of rock. Carries a poignant message too.

Metallica - Enter Sandman - Urge to headbang... RISING! YEAH! **rocks out** **air guitar**

Phew. I think there was a bit of rock overload there. Something a bit more soothing is in order. Perhaps a little...

Dire Straits - Sultans of Swing - An excellent song to relax to, and the guitar work is absolutely superb. If you've never heard this song before, start punching yourself. Now.
Alak
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Unread post by Alak »

B.o.B. (feat. Alicia Keys) - NY NY - If you've seen the launch trailer for Crysis 2, you'll recognize this song. Kudos to anyone who knows what song this beat was sampled from :D (hint: think back a couple of decades)

Zac White (feat. Conan) - See You Later - My friends made this song and I was the one who edited the photos for this single. Pics can be found here and here.

Wintersun - Death and the Healing - One of my favorite songs from my second favorite Finnish band.
una
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
RPG Characters: Whitegrazer, TyCross, and Blackarachnia

Unread post by una »

:lol: Yeah that song is addicting, Alak.

Here are a few more in what I listen to:

Queen - Don't Stop Me Now - I love the fast pace that gears up in this song and it really is a very fun song to listen to. ^__^

Celldweller- Own Little World - Someone gave me this song to listen. I don't actually know if this would be metal or rock. Probbaly metal. This is also a song which I was going to use as a tribute to two Predacons but my computer doesn't have enough space to but oh well. XD

Mass Effect - Saren's Theme - Yup! This is from a video game series I own and still enjoy to this day. This is the theme of the main villian you are after. This theme really conveys him as the dangerous foe he is. Just hearing his theme when you die is so...awesome! XDD
WorpeX
Ultra Poster!
Ultra Poster!

Unread post by WorpeX »

ooo, some nice bands I found in here! I didn't think people on this site would have similar taste in music to me, but it seems I am wrong! Wintersun, Metallica, and Queen are some of my favorites of those that have been mentioned here.

Some of my recent favorites:

Deadlock - Virus Jones - Crazy band which is considered 'Disco Death Metal' with beauty and beast vocals, although this particular song isn't too disco imo. Good song though and the video is really well done!

Paradise Lost - Praise Lamented Shade - I love this band, and this has become one of my favorite songs by them. They have such awesome slow songs, and this one is one of their best in my opinion! Also, the song name just sounds so darn cool!

Charon - Colder - I only recently got into this band, but this singer is becoming one of my favorites quickly. Finnish people seem to be born with a natural talent to sing! This song is very dark and heavy with some nice female vocals to balance out the sound. The video is really weird though...

But yeah, i'm mostly into metal and hard rock if you couldn't tell. >.> Nice thread Alak!
NaitoKage
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Unread post by NaitoKage »

This is because I tend to usually spam music every time Glowstick does something that involves violence right? :P just kidding. I'd post, but I'm pretty sure you guys already know most my taste in music.
Night-Hunter
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
Location: Looking for my sanity... *sigh* Still can't find it.

Unread post by Night-Hunter »

Dream Evil-The Chosen Ones http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7k4uRKvSa0I

Hellracer - Vanilla Ninja http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QpmmTdhpUkQ

Chris Cornell - You know my name http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tUXjWeWuVSk

Metallica-one http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mh13ZFKlCyo

Ashtar Command - Dead Man's Gun http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GAviiin-Zgc

Within Temptation- Memories http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-3aOfcDPYIU

Shinedown - Diamond Eyes http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hJCvW1vpeqk

The story- Brandi Carlile http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SvecJ6ZZKCo

I will wait for you-Connie Francis http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f0SmSfYo8iE

All of these songs, I think are pretty good.
"The enemy of my enemy is my bro."
Alak
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Unread post by Alak »

NaitoKage wrote:I'd post, but I'm pretty sure you guys already know most my taste in music.
Post anyway!

Sonata Arctica - Weballergy - Another Finnish band that I love. This song is so full of energy and I really enjoy listening to the keyboard.

Audiomachine - Breath and Life - If you watched Adjustment Bureau, then this will sound very familiar to you. Abuse the repeat button!

Starstylers - Keep on Moving (FNP Remix) - Does anyone remember this group?