Music Thread

Where you can post announcements and other cool things. Doesn't have to be BW-related.

Moderators: Nurann, Starath, Sinead, Optimal Optimus Primal, Razor One

WorpeX
Ultra Poster!
Ultra Poster!

Unread post by WorpeX »

NaitoKage wrote:Hmm.. My musical taste. Should already be known, but alrighty.

Metal or as I like to call it.. the music of battle!
Blindguardian-Battlefield
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c98gIxCe1zo
Nightwish-Ghost Love score
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=byS7x0OsnSE
Blindguardian-Bard's song
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u_tORtmKIjE
I love Blind Guardian. Saw them live twice now and both times were absolutely brilliant. ^^ My favorite song by them is and will likely always be, ...And Then There Was Silence. But, with that said, I love their entire discography. :D
Alak
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Unread post by Alak »

Haven't heard of Blind Guardian but I'll definitely look into them.
Alak
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Unread post by Alak »

Anyone here listen to Kaspy?

http://kaspy.ca/

He's an independent producer/instrumentalist. Very top notch stuff.
una
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
RPG Characters: Whitegrazer, TyCross, and Blackarachnia

Unread post by una »

Cold as Ice - Foreigner - Just listned to this song on Don't forget the lyrics. Love it =)

So Cold - Breaking Benjamin - I forgot about this song >.< I love this song too XDD
Razor One
Site Admin

Unread post by Razor One »

And now for something completely different.

Puella Magi Madoka Magica - Sis Puella Magica! - Atmospheric, wonderful... flutey!

Puella Magi Madoka Magica - Pugna Cum Maga - As above... somehow I get the mental imagery of crossing the Sahara on a sailing boat... I know... wierd. Also, parts of this remind me of the music from the movie the Fifth Element.

Puella Magi Madoka Magica - Conturbatio - Haunting and melancholy... definite shades of autumn in this for me.

And since these are short ones... I'll break my own rule :P

Puella Magi Madoka Magica - Salve, Terrae Magicae - Practically has the call to adventure written all over it.

And yes, all from the same series. The artist that did the songs is called Yuki Kajiura and I have to say they aquitted themselves with honour. The series proper, Puella Magi Madoka Magica, is nothing short of living excellence. The music you just heard? Couple that with story and artistic excellence of the same calibre. That's how good it is.
Alak
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Unread post by Alak »

Linkin Park - Iridescent - We'll be hearing this throughout Transformers: Dark of the Moon.
starshadow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Unread post by starshadow »

WorpeX
Ultra Poster!
Ultra Poster!

Unread post by WorpeX »

Amorphis - You I need

Love this song. Video doesn't make sense, but its very well done. ^^
Alak
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Unread post by Alak »

David Guetta - Gettin' Over You (feat. Chris Willis, Fergie, & LMFAO) - One of the few songs I used to enjoy at a club.

Lupe Fiasco - Show Goes On - I just really like this song. He's my favorite (nerdrapper) and his lyrical ability than most mainstream rappers today.

Howie Day - Collide - Does anyone else remember this song?
Razor One
Site Admin

Unread post by Razor One »

Touhou - Lyude - Solar Sect of Mystic Wisdom ~ Nuclear Fusion - This song rocks. There's a pretty damn good CGI Dogfight that goes with it too. Awesome. Sauce.

Touhou - Bad Apple!! - The song is great and the video is gorgeous.

Sora No Otoshomino OST - Yuuki No Tsubasa - It comes from one of my favourite animes, capable of being hilariously funny, heart wrenchingly sad, unbelievably serious, stupidly silly, horrendously crass and wonderfully touching all at the same time. The song proper comes in as the cast is getting its big damn heroes moment and holy slag is it effective.
Alak
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Unread post by Alak »

Mirrored Theory - I Dare You - This guy combines rock, electronica, and dubstep into his songs. Not a major labeled band but hopefully he'll become popular in the online world. I know one of his albums, Incandescent, is free for download.
Blazemane
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Unread post by Blazemane »

Hey, Alak. That was the first time I've heard that (or anything from that group). It sounds awesome.

Some more of my likes:

Escala- Palladio: The original version of this is neo-classical, but this version mixes it with rock (and maybe electronica?).

The Cranberries- So Cold in Ireland: It's kinda slow and brooding, but I find it really easy to get into.

Hans Zimmer/John Powell- Oogway Ascends: Another example of something that might be best understood with the context from the movie, but even along, it can be stirring.
I understand... you are, after all, a predacon.

[img]http://www.bwint.net/memberfanclubterrorsaur.jpg[/img] [img]http://www.bwint.net/bannersbfanclub2.jpg[/img]
Alak
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Unread post by Alak »

The first time I've heard of Mirrored Theory was when a gamer (C1intBeastwood) used that song in his montage video of Battlefield: Bad Company 2. I found the guy's youtube channel and downloaded the album. By the way, I think I watched Kung Fu Panda enough times to recall that exact scene. Awesome stuff, and I love song like the "Palladio" one you just posted. I think the blend of classical/orchestra and rock drew me in to Finnish bands and trailer music.

Anyway, here's the dubstep song of the day:

Vaski - Blackout
Alak
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Unread post by Alak »

AAA - Samurai Heart - Music video's cheesy but it's a catchy song.
Alak
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Unread post by Alak »

Triple Post! This thread could sure use a bump.

E.S. Posthumus - Unstoppable - It definitely caught my attention in the new Sherlock Holmes trailer. The orchestra really builds upon the name of the song, making it suitable for a fight song. The good part starts at 2:00.

Tejb - To tha Face - He owns several channels on Youtube, the main one being dedicated to the Call of Duty franchise. He's actually my age, but has found so much success on the internet through commentating and such. He only made two songs so far, but this is his more popular one since it's titled after his signature phrase.

blink-182 - Up All Night - For anyone who has listened to this band from the mid-90s to 2003, it's pretty cool to hear that they're back together. This particular song isn't their best work, but at least they're back lol.