Events of this past week..

Where you can post announcements and other cool things. Doesn't have to be BW-related.

Moderators: Nurann, Starath, Sinead, Optimal Optimus Primal, Razor One

Phoenix
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
RPG Characters: Nemesis,Aurora,Zodiac

Events of this past week..

Unread post by Phoenix »

Wow, it's been a crazy week for me. I swear something out there is trying to prevent me from getting to/completing work. All of the following events occurred within a week of each other:

A) First off I was rear-ended while on my way to work. The damage to the car wasn't bad, and I felt fine, but you still can't be too careful when you are 5 1/2 months pregnant. Luckily the guy's insurance covered the damages. Obviously this caused me to be a couple minutes late for work.

B) The very next work shift I was using the other, older, car. It was not especially cold out, the lights and everything had been off in the car, yet somehow the car batteries were drained. Doh. And of course my husband was already working, and our flat-mate was at school. Double doh! After much effort I managed to get the car started (I get accelerating on the gas while twisting the key to try to get enough spark to ignite the engine..) Again I was a couple minutes late for work (although I managed to call in advance this time so they knew I was coming).

C) The two shifts after this passed by without incident, so I thought maybe my bad luck streak had passed. Nope. On Sunday night, while I was doing the evening shift, I somehow managed to entangle my leg in some wires that were drooping on the floor. With the gracefulness of a drunk hippo I took a plunge to the floor, injuring my knee and ankle. Nice. But I kept on working for an additional 4 1/2 hours, as we were short-staffed as usual so I wanted to make sure I did my duties with patient care. While I was busy, I didn't really notice much aside from some pain that I merely shrugged off. Then as things started to calm down, 2 1/2 hours before my shift was scheduled to be over, it was getting difficult to bend my knee because my leg had gotten so swollen. Enter the supervisor, paperwork, and again.. with me being pregnant they decided to ship me off to the ER. In an ambulance. Which happened to have my husband as one of the crew members.

So off to the ER I went, on a stretcher despite me insisting I could walk just fine (with a limp but still..).. After some x-rays (with double lead sheet protection due to the little one in there), an ultrasound, and more paperwork later, they dismissed me from the ER at 1 in the morning and shipped me up to labor and delivery for a few hours so they could monitor the fetal heart rate and make sure the baby did not sustain any injuries. Mind you I had no cramps, no pain in my abdomen, I really don't think I landed on my stomach (I believe I instinctively used my hands to cover the stomach during the fall), and the initial ultrasound had shown a healthy baby. But I still laid there in a hospital bed for a good long while so they could run their tests, with my husband sleeping in the chair next to me. At least it turns out we are having a very healthy baby!

D) Of course the week's events have not been entirely unpleasant. We put in an offer for a house we liked, which was accepted on Thursday night! So we are finally buying a house, yay!
Blazemane
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Unread post by Blazemane »

Wow. I'm glad your alright though.
I understand... you are, after all, a predacon.

[img]http://www.bwint.net/memberfanclubterrorsaur.jpg[/img] [img]http://www.bwint.net/bannersbfanclub2.jpg[/img]
Alak
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Unread post by Alak »

Congrats on the house! Have fun decorating.
Phoenix
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
RPG Characters: Nemesis,Aurora,Zodiac

Unread post by Phoenix »

Oh boy, let me add today's adventure with the car.. a 2006 saturn ion. On my way off the freeway ramp, the engine suddenly shut off while i was going about 50 mph. I pulled to the side of the very busy road I was merging with, put on my blinkers, and had a mild panic attack. Ugh.. thought it was the transmission, but it might also have been condensation in the fuel line.. an hour later the hubby got off work and drove the car home for me.

Thanks about house btw!
Wicked Woman
Ultra Poster!
Ultra Poster!

Unread post by Wicked Woman »

Wow, all I had for the past week was Shingles(or however the slag you spell it)

... you beat me then.

Well, I'm glad the baby's fine and yes, I do believe someone wants you on Mat. leave ASAP. :wink: Good luck with next week. *Thumbs up*

WW
Prime: "Any last words?"
Demolisher: "not the face, NOT THE FACE!"
Optimal Optimus Primal
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
RPG Characters: Optimus Primal, Rattrap, Rhinox, Megatron, Inferno

Unread post by Optimal Optimus Primal »

Goodness, Phoenix! I'm glad you and your unborn are all right. And congratulations on your first house!! How exciting! Good luck! :D
"Well, that's just prime!"