Next time on Beast wars!

A section for online Role Playing Games of a Beasties nature.

Moderators: Nurann, Starath, Sinead, Optimal Optimus Primal, Razor One

NaitoKage
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Next time on Beast wars!

Unread post by NaitoKage »

So I guess we may as well bring this up since we're on the end game of this episode.

Do we want to do another OC mission or tv episode? We also have the inclusion of two new characters, one of which will be coming from a stasis pod while another may have a more.. unusual means as I've discussed with the player in private.
Also feel free to bring up any issues from the last episode and any plot points you would like to come up for your characters for more involvement and better immersion into the storyline.
Optimal Optimus Primal
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
RPG Characters: Optimus Primal, Rattrap, Rhinox, Megatron, Inferno

Unread post by Optimal Optimus Primal »

Do we want to do another OC mission or tv episode?
I think this OC episode went a LOT smoother and quicker than any of the TV episodes we went through. I think we should stick to OC episodes until maybe at the end of this season. It could still be an OC ep, but use the show as a guide. After all, it's the most effecient way to be TransMetalized. :wink:
We also have the inclusion of two new characters, one of which will be coming from a stasis pod while another may have a more.. unusual means as I've discussed with the player in private.
Just to be clear, we still need Airazor and Inferno to come in. And then there's another OC joining? You know, we could probably fit all three of them into one OC episode. We have so many characters right now on each side that they could split up into three teams for each pod (or however the new characters join).

I know Night-Hunter is very interested in playing Inferno, but is anyone willing to take Airazor? I honestly don't think I have the time to take on another character, although I do like the Bird Lady.
"Well, that's just prime!"
NaitoKage
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Hm.. if we include Inferno and Airazor, that's four characters to bring in. 3 via stasis pod.. one by a floating "corpse" hitting the planet.*L* But yes, we could split into multiple groups easily.

As for playing Airazor, never was much of a fan of the character myself.. but I'm also technically using 5 characters at the moment. Considering Vena's being busy, I guess that means Blackarachnia is up for grabs as well for anyone that wants that fem fatal.

In the case of Nemesis, I think we'd probably have to send one of the transports to her area to pick her up since she's G1 sized.. the Predacons don't have any characters as strong or as large as Orcariner so the Leviathan would be the only thing that could possibly move her that they have unless they use alot of characters to try to drag her. If the Maximals got to her first, Orcariner or the Nomad could easily move her.. or I guess Saberfang + Icebreaker or Rhinox if they're in a pinch.

Airazor and Inferno would probably be more interesting as I assume they'd be in a similar area, and Whitegrazer being a horse could be set up anywhere (Specifically that horse breed comes from Spain, but like alot of dogbreeds and other things it's a breed based from human domestication, so I'm going to just say ANYwhere a horse shows up that pod could land.)

So I guess we could have it set up in north/central america and have Airazor's and Inferno's pods land around Arizona/Nevada/Mexico/Amazon etc and Whitegrazer any plains like location. Nemesis on the other hand would probably crash in the arctic circle or northern canada, or even the northern atlantic ocean and then just be brought to catch up with the others. That'll probably be fun for any characters that specialize in snowy environments, they could probably take a water route either riding on Orcariner's back or using a few copies of Icebreaker's break shields.

If they end up going too far into south america, either group could investigate the OC maximal base set up in south america or the alien ruins as a side thing. Most likely reason to go if it wasn't an accident being if someone was extensively damaged, the maximals made a makeshift CR chamber in their waterfall base. Alien ruins wise would probably be if Icebreaker or Orcariner mention it, or if Frilla is pining to investigate it as the Predacon's main researcher on alien things.

Also.. for possible Predacon proposal and this one is a bit unusual I'm sure, the idea of a possible combiner/gestalt team may be an option. Anyone interested in the idea can speak up, I will submit Glowstick for being part of such a group as he'd be able to provide a combiner sized weapon, flight enabling the combiner to act as a alternate form of transport for the small group, and since the character generally gets along well with the majority of the Predacons he'd be one of the few least likely to have any compatibility issues. Probably wont go for the "melded minds" sorta combiner but more one character acts as the main controller while others could act as support, even swapping out who acts as main controller based on skills.
Night-Hunter
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
Location: Looking for my sanity... *sigh* Still can't find it.

Unread post by Night-Hunter »

All good points and I think I'm going to have The Beast rear its ugly head. *evil laugh*
"The enemy of my enemy is my bro."
Optimal Optimus Primal
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

if we include Inferno and Airazor, that's four characters to bring in. 3 via stasis pod.. one by a floating "corpse" hitting the planet.*L* But yes, we could split into multiple groups easily.
Four? I see. If it's that many, then perhaps we should split up the episode; two for one ep. and two for the other. That way each character can get more attention as they deserve it for being new and all.

I'm beginning to feel over whelmed with all of the canons who don't have owners lately. Should we even bother bringing Airazor in? I could stop playing Tigatron easily because he could always be off somewhere with Snowstalker and prowling the arctic terrain. And by the way, NK, I don't expect you to pick up anymore characters. You have more than you should as it is.
In the case of Nemesis, I think we'd probably have to send one of the transports to her area to pick her up since she's G1 sized..
Why are these characters getting bigger and bigger? I accepted Orcariner's size because his beast mode is a whale, but why should Nemesis be so big if she's just a giant hawk? How big can hawk really be, even if it's a giant? I'd really like to stick more toward the show's limits because they were sensable and easier to deal with.
If they end up going too far into south america, either group could investigate the OC maximal base set up in south america or the alien ruins as a side thing. Most likely reason to go if it wasn't an accident being if someone was extensively damaged, the maximals made a makeshift CR chamber in their waterfall base.
I don't expect to have more than two bases for each faction either. It's difficult enough for people to keep track of all of the characters running around let alone which ones are at which bases, etc. Sheesh. And if these extra bases are needed for those who are too large, well, characters aren't supposed to be that big in the first place! Not yet. :lol: I thought their smaller sizes were meant to consume less energy than their giant ancestors. :roll: Even the Decepticons, like Ravage, who were granted amnesty were rebuilt (to be smaller) and reprogrammed as Predacons, so what's with the huge size? :|
Also.. for possible Predacon proposal and this one is a bit unusual I'm sure, the idea of a possible combiner/gestalt team may be an option.
Personally, I don't want this turning into G1, or the Japanese Beast Wars version. Or Voltron. :lol: Can't we keep it simple? I mean, it's an interesting idea, but... I don't know. I don't want people getting carried away. Maybe it's something we could save for season 2 or 3? When characters get upgraded (to TransMetal), and Fuzors join in, and all that jazz.
All good points and I think I'm going to have The Beast rear its ugly head.
Excellent, N-H! Could use some old-fashioned excitement. And I'm curious about this beast situation that Saber has.
Night-Hunter
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Excellent, N-H! Could use some old-fashioned excitement. And I'm curious about this beast situation that Saber has.
Sure what do you want to know about it?
Optimal Optimus Primal
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Oh, no, no, no. No spoilers. I meant I was more curious to learn about it in the game. :D
NaitoKage
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Nem's case is a little different. It's a G1 body smacking into the planet. It'll end up converting into a much smaller hawk body (around 6 ft tall) Though a giant bird is entirely possible.. (Technically some of the largest birds in earth history have had wing spands in range of 7 to 11 meters. Considering Orcariner is 6 meters high, that kinda gives you an idea of some very.. big birds.) Basically they'll detect the body on radar.. possibly smacking into the stasis pods knocking them out of orbit, Nem's body will then crash and remain dorment until it thaws out and is exposed to protoform based technology.. which could either be a empty stasis pod or even parts of the Leviathan itself(being that it was built out of a buncha stasis pods originally) This is also not something that will happen for all G1 characters as it was established Nem's character is experimental having the ability to regenerate, so she'll be consuming said technology which her body will force her into the upgrade she avoided becoming the tiny hawk robot.

The OC base in south america is abandoned, it was something temporary made by Xzuk's group at the time. So it's not a active base and nobody stays there.

I'm proposing the gestalt idea as.. well lets face it, the majority of the Predacons specialize in sneaking,sniping,science,and are small.(Generally most may be smaller then Cheetor) The battles between the two either end up with the Predacons sniping from long range on the short ranged maximals, or the maximals charging in to slaughter the melee ineffective Predacons. In the past it wasn't such a problem with Lineos, Tantrum, and other tank or strength specialized characters but since they're gone and the Predacons are getting another Spy/sniper while the Maximals are getting another melee expert.. it's a bit unbalanced.

Also while I understand your worries about G1 and japanese BW, if the character is built in season one that means it'd still have the same energon problem all the players have meaning such a combination could only last for a few minutes and wouldn't be extended if the players came together. Further, if your too worried about it being overpowered, just have the gestalt limited to the 45 spec limit as combiners tend to have difference specs compared to the sum of their parts.
Phoenix
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
RPG Characters: Nemesis,Aurora,Zodiac

Unread post by Phoenix »

Why are these characters getting bigger and bigger? I accepted Orcariner's size because his beast mode is a whale, but why should Nemesis be so big if she's just a giant hawk? How big can hawk really be, even if it's a giant? I'd really like to stick more toward the show's limits because they were sensable and easier to deal with.
Nemesis was my G1 character that I created back in.. 1999 was it? She's stayed with me far before I even saw BW (I only saw it after a friend got me the dvd sets). She is a cybertronian jet, obviously a great deal bigger than your average beastie. It goes against the character to willingly undergo the protoform upgrade/downgrade all depending, so after bouncing ideas off Naitokage for a bit I came up with this possibility for her to downsize and join the beast wars. So her size and form will not remain G1 style, but for the sake of joining it doesn't seem too far-fetched to me that the predacons would want to use a crashed G1 as a weapon whereas the maximals might try to avoid having such a force leashed upon them.

I do like the idea of her crashing in northern parts of Canada, or even in the cold arctic ocean. It would slow the process down enough to keep things interesting. :)
Night-Hunter
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

So are we going to continue OC episode 2?
Blazemane
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Unread post by Blazemane »

I'd like to ask this again-

I'm noticing that a lot of players are saying things automatically happen in battles ("Predacon A shot Maximal B in the chest three times and then picked his adversary up by the throat.") where they don't own all characters involved. I know we've established rules against that sort of thing, but if they're rules that the majority of players don't want to have to worry about, it's worth considering removing them.

How does everyone feel about this? Should we say automatic dictation is allowable now?

And I know this is random, but I figured this would be the best time to bring this up. For whatever relevance it may or may not end up having for the game, Steelclaw's signature should definitely appear Predacon (which I think did happen in this latest game with the Nomad's scanners). I had originally had his signature appear Maximal to emphasize the fact his programming had never been changed, but I've since realized that Dinobot's signature in the show directly disproves that idea. Dinobot was never reprogrammed either, but his signature did appear Maximal when he was allied with them. So I think if Steelclaw is allied with the Predacon's and has a "terrorize" command code, he should logically have a Predacon signature.

I guess nominally that would make him a Predacon, but that's... kinda the point.
I understand... you are, after all, a predacon.

[img]http://www.bwint.net/memberfanclubterrorsaur.jpg[/img] [img]http://www.bwint.net/bannersbfanclub2.jpg[/img]
Alak
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Unread post by Alak »

I just want to say that I'm willing to pick up canon characters now that I have experience with Scorponok and Terrorsaur. I like them all so I'm not going to be picky with whoever's vacant.
NaitoKage
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Blaze:
I think it depends on the context of the situation when it comes to battle damage. Players do always have options to counter such things. (Like the list I gave OOP since.. Icebreaker's gun is so weird.) But other situations like a surprise attack might be different.

As for Steelclaw's energy signature, I assume he probably originally had it maximal to confuse the axalon or not get shot. You could have him have his energy signature keep popping up as maximal to confuse them, considering the character does have some skills at sneaking and sniping.. which involves hiding.

Alak:
You seem to do rather well with Terrorsaur and Scorponok too Alak. Mostly since I can't even expect Scorponok's reactions. Almost Deadpool like to my Taskmaster like nature.. :D
Alak
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Unread post by Alak »

I think it's because Scorpy lacked personality in the show so I keep improvising as I go lol. If you don't want to play Airazor, then I can pick her up. She wasn't explored that much in the cartoon either so I think it'll actually be fun playing her role.
starshadow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Unread post by starshadow »

I'm okay with anything. When I counted the number of preds we have and the number of aquaformers they have, I'm considerin to bring in a pred OC named Pirano.
Pirano's a piranha. He'll try to eat any maximals since the crash landing screwed his past personality so he'll be like a piranha. (Beware, if he's too hungry, he'll attempt to eat his team). He'll die in season 2. I'll post his bio if I have the time.

Anyway, I tried rping as BA in another site and I sucked, especially Airazor, but I'll give a shot on BA.