Next time on Beast wars!

A section for online Role Playing Games of a Beasties nature.

Moderators: Nurann, Starath, Sinead, Optimal Optimus Primal, Razor One

NaitoKage
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Unread post by NaitoKage »

Megatron will probably stay topside, I'm guessing Rhinox will be going underground, and Tarantulus can stay topside. Yeah, I've played as Tarantulus for awhile, and he did partake in the episode, then just sneaked off when he noticed Inferno was insane.
Alak
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Unread post by Alak »

Cool. I'll also update the roster and list you as the current Tarantulas player.

Maximals (15)

Optimus Primal (C) - Clear Convoy Battle
Rhinox (C) - Labyrinth Adventure
Rattrap (C) - Labyrinth Adventure
Dinobot (C) - Clear Convoy Battle
Cheetor (C) - Labyrinth Adventure
Tigatron (C) - Clear Convoy Battle
Airazor (C) - Clear Convoy Battle
Icebreaker (O) - Clear Convoy Battle
Orcariner (O) - Labyrinth Adventure
Wintersong (O) - Labyrinth Adventure
Feralnight (O)
Whitegrazer (O) - Clear Convoy Battle
Valkyrie (O)
Saber-Fang (O)
Frilla (O) - Labyrinth Adventure

Predacons (15)

Megatron (C) - Clear Convoy Battle
Scorponok (C) - Labyrinth Adventure
Tarantulas (C) - Clear Convoy Battle
Blackarachnia (C) - Labyrinth Adventure
Terrorsaur (C) - Clear Convoy Battle
Waspinator (C) - Labyrinth Adventure
Inferno (C)
Glowstick (O) - Labyrinth Adventure
Sonar (O) - Clear Convoy Battle
Starshadow (O) - Clear Convoy Battle
Snowtrix (O) - Clear Convoy Battle
Steelclaw (O) - Labyrinth Adventure
Manterror (O) - Labyrinth Adventure
Cecaelia (O) - Clear Convoy Battle
Venatrix (O)
Nemesis (O)

Slots left for Labyrinth Adventure = 3

Slots left for Clear Convoy Battle = 2

Clear Convoy Battle

Maximals - 6
Predacons - 7

Labyrinth Adventure

Maximals - 6
Predacons - 6
New Moon
Ultra Poster!
Ultra Poster!

Unread post by New Moon »

Now that OOP mentioned that Feralnight did get a bit beat up last time CC was around. XD So I suppose she'll join the Clear Convoy Battle as well.
Night-Hunter
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
Location: Looking for my sanity... *sigh* Still can't find it.

Unread post by Night-Hunter »

Inferno must follow his queen!!
"The enemy of my enemy is my bro."
Phoenix
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
RPG Characters: Nemesis,Aurora,Zodiac

Unread post by Phoenix »

Like mentioned before, I just don't see Nemesis being very effective at roaming through caves in a labyrinth. Just seems like she would view it as a prison and shy away from it. She's also a flyer, so her alternative mode would be useless in such a setting.

However I was not a part of the episode CC was in, so I have no idea what that storyline was all about, what CC is like, what its powers are, or how it would fair against 15 characters all trying to kill it (saying it because I really don't know anything about this thing, even the gender.. Someone described it as a clear version of Primal, but that's pretty much all I know.. )
Alak
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Unread post by Alak »

Alright, there's no more openings for the CC fight, so I'm automatically assigning the remaining characters (except Saber) to the Labyrinth. If anyone wants to switch around, then just post it and I'll edit the list. Phoenix hasn't stated what she wanted yet, Nemesis was automatically sent into the maze. I understand that her OC is claustrophobic so someone may want to switch with her, or Nemesis is going to have an interesting time underground. Venatrix hasn't said anything for her two characters, so if she wants to switch out with somebody, then we'll see if we can make accommodations for her. Furthermore, the whole Nightmist arc has to play out before we determine if she'll be coming back or not.

Maximals (15)

Optimus Primal (C) - Clear Convoy Battle
Rhinox (C) - Labyrinth Adventure
Rattrap (C) - Labyrinth Adventure
Dinobot (C) - Clear Convoy Battle
Cheetor (C) - Labyrinth Adventure
Tigatron (C) - Clear Convoy Battle
Airazor (C) - Clear Convoy Battle
Icebreaker (O) - Clear Convoy Battle
Orcariner (O) - Labyrinth Adventure
Wintersong (O) - Labyrinth Adventure
Feralnight (O) - Clear Convoy Battle
Whitegrazer (O) - Clear Convoy Battle
Valkyrie (O) - Labyrinth Adventure
Saber-Fang (O)
Frilla (O) - Labyrinth Adventure

Predacons (15)

Megatron (C) - Clear Convoy Battle
Scorponok (C) - Labyrinth Adventure
Tarantulas (C) - Clear Convoy Battle
Blackarachnia (C) - Labyrinth Adventure
Terrorsaur (C) - Clear Convoy Battle
Waspinator (C) - Labyrinth Adventure
Inferno (C) - Clear Convoy Battle
Glowstick (O) - Labyrinth Adventure
Sonar (O) - Clear Convoy Battle
Starshadow (O) - Clear Convoy Battle
Snowtrix (O) - Clear Convoy Battle
Steelclaw (O) - Labyrinth Adventure
Manterror (O) - Labyrinth Adventure
Cecaelia (O) - Clear Convoy Battle
Venatrix (O) - Labyrinth Adventure
Nemesis (O) -

Slots left for Labyrinth Adventure = 1

Slots left for Clear Convoy Battle = 0

Clear Convoy Battle

Maximals - 7
Predacons - 8

Labyrinth Adventure

Maximals - 7
Predacons - 7

Labyrinth Adventure Team #1

Orcariner - Alak
Rhinox - NaitoKage
Rattrap - OOP
Valkyrie - Venatrix
Waspinator - Night-Hunter
Steelclaw - Blazemane
Manterror - WorpeX

Labyrinth Adventure Team #2

Glowstick - NaitoKage
Venatrix - Venatrix
Scorponok - Alak
Cheetor - Blazemane
Wintersong - Wintersong
Frilla - New Moon
Blackarachnia - Una

If anyone has issues with the maze teams, just let me know. I tried to divide them so that there are no repeat players on each team.
Last edited by Alak on Mon May 30, 2011 12:38 am, edited 2 times in total.
NaitoKage
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Alright, to explain Clear Convoy is kinda simple. We gave him that name because he has the power to turn invisible. The name first came to mind because of the toy, but also because of the World's worst fanfic site, with Megatron's infamous line "Clear Convoy? Dear Primus No! No ass is safe!" which.. fits Clear Convoy rather well as.. no one is safe.

Basically in the episode when Optimus Primal was being scanned by the aliens, we used this as a means for them to make a evil clone of Optimus Primal with enhanced combat power, regeneration,immunity to energon radiation, invisibility,high tactical intelligence, and every capability of Optimus Primal himself. The clone was made as a means to test the power of a cybertronian lifeform, due to his stealth capabilities very few characters can detect Clear Convoy without certain sensory capabilities. So for more general understanding, while some characters can smell the presence of Clear Convoy since he smells the same as Optimus Primal, his stealth capabilities make him not register as maximal or predacon.

Under alternate sensory however with specific circumstances he can be detected.

Heat vision:After using his plasma cannons or jet thrusters, Clear Convoy exhibits a huge amount of heat making him light up like a Christmas tree to this sort of sensory.
Users of it:Icebreaker, Tarantulus.

Echolocation: While having some sound dampening effects for stealth, Clear Convoy is not immune to sonar based technology, this makes him visible via the Leviathan's sonar system.
Users of it:Sonar, Orcariner, Glowstick(Technically,Glowstick developed sonar goggles initially used as part of his amphibious warrior project. He still has the two remaining prototypes, which he gave one pair to Frilla, but as she most likely left it behind with her other things, has likely been recollected by Glowstick, while the rest of Frilla's things have been placed in a lockbox on the Leviathan.)
Phoenix
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Unread post by Phoenix »

I think you can just take Nemesis off the roster for this episode then, since the labyrinth thing is just not something she would willingly go for. Pity, since she is my only character in the rpg thus far.

Also that thing in Rhinox' lab is not Nightmist. ;) The medic is staying dead, her body is just being recycled into something else.
Alak
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Unread post by Alak »

Phoenix wrote:I think you can just take Nemesis off the roster for this episode then, since the labyrinth thing is just not something she would willingly go for. Pity, since she is my only character in the rpg thus far.

Also that thing in Rhinox' lab is not Nightmist. ;) The medic is staying dead, her body is just being recycled into something else.
What if I have Terrorsaur sit this one out and you can have Nemesis take his spot instead? He's literally in pieces after his fight with Airazor so he could use a break. :D
Phoenix
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Unread post by Phoenix »

Double post. Plz delete this one. :(
Last edited by Phoenix on Mon May 30, 2011 11:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Phoenix
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Unread post by Phoenix »

Alak wrote:Phoenix hasn't stated what she wanted yet, Nemesis was automatically sent into the maze.
Someone wasn't reading between the lines. ;) I basically said I did not want Nemesis in the maze, since I wouldn't be able to do anything with her there. But I don't want to take the fun away from Terrorsaur either since he already claimed the spot. My apologies if my posts did not come across as clear enough. I was hurrying to try to catch up before work, since the last 3 or 4 pages of this thread occurred during my final work weekend (meaning I spent most of my time at work, with no internet access and as such I cannot keep up. But here is what I posted on Saturday right before I went to work, in the same post I requested clarification on who was going where. Post is on page 14 and was made at Sat May 28, 2011 5:42 pm BW board time.
Phoenix wrote:I doubt my character will be very useful for a cave mission, being the claustrophobic that she is. I just don't see her going into narrow caves willingly, unless there was something extremely tempting for her inside.
Thank you for taking the time and effort to make the very much so clear team lists, Alak, but I might take you up on your statement there, since I posted my opinion before the lists even came out. ;) I'll save the beat-down for when you're not expecting it though!
Alak wrote:Wow, so many posts since I took a break lol. Ok, I'll try and get this right. Feel free to yell, scream, and kick if I screw this up.
On the other hand.. I don't know.. an overpowered doppelganger is something I have seen done in numerous movies, series, and games, including Nemesis Prime from the TF Armada series, and it seems like it has already been pre-determining that only OOP and Icebreaker will be able to fight which leaves the remaining players as little other than roadkill for this thing. A challenge is nice, but the way NK explained it to me on msn just made it seem rather pointless to even engage it in battle. That is if the players cannot deviate from the set guidelines when it comes to seeing CC.

Off hand I can name 4 other possible ways to detect an invisible being that seem just as plausible, but as not to ruin the fun for everyone I'm going to delete the rest of this post now. :p

Perhaps Nemesis and Saber can just duke it out over a game of chess in the meanwhile?
Blazemane
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Unread post by Blazemane »

On the other hand.. I don't know.. an overpowered doppelganger is something I have seen done in numerous movies, series, and games, including Nemesis Prime from the TF Armada series, and it seems like it has already been pre-determining that only OOP and Icebreaker will be able to fight which leaves the remaining players as little other than roadkill for this thing. A challenge is nice, but the way NK explained it to me on msn just made it seem rather pointless to even engage it in battle. That is if the players cannot deviate from the set guidelines when it comes to seeing CC.

Off hand I can name 4 other possible ways to detect an invisible being that seem just as plausible, but as not to ruin the fun for everyone I'm going to delete the rest of this post now. :p
I'm also still of the opinion that most of the characters could be a legitimate threat to CC if the attack is coordinated in the right way. I don't think any characters necessarily have to be there just to be roadkill. I mean, I'm sure there's going to be a lot of casualties, but it might be better to wait and see how the story unfolds and CC dishes those injuries out. And anyways, a wounded soldier isn't a helpless one.

Now I'm curious what those detection methods you speak of not speaking of are...
I understand... you are, after all, a predacon.

[img]http://www.bwint.net/memberfanclubterrorsaur.jpg[/img] [img]http://www.bwint.net/bannersbfanclub2.jpg[/img]
Optimal Optimus Primal
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
RPG Characters: Optimus Primal, Rattrap, Rhinox, Megatron, Inferno

Unread post by Optimal Optimus Primal »

and it seems like it has already been pre-determining that only OOP and Icebreaker will be able to fight which leaves the remaining players as little other than roadkill for this thing.
Primal won't be able to do much this time because of the link with him and CC unless someone figures out how to sever the transmission or cure the virus (whichever I end up choosing). Hence the reason I've given the other characters the chance to be the heroes this time and defeat CC. Either the Preds and Maxis can work together to take him down, or the Maximals will have to be doing most of the work in protecting their leader from the Preds and finding a way to stop CC. Nemesis would actually be a neat opponent because it would be like Wolverine and Phoenix at the end of X-Men 3 since Nemesis has the quick regeneration. It would certainly surprise the Vok. But whatever. This is only a fun Vok-filled episode before we start the ending of Season One, so there isn't going to be any real reward with this plot, as far as I can tell. Just a lot of battling with characters above ground and a maze of traps underground. It's all about survival for both teams.
"Well, that's just prime!"
NaitoKage
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

I can just imagine what the maze is going to be like. "Rattrap, you go ahead and take care of the traps, I'll er.. light the way for everybody else."

Well, on the upside, I imagine they might be more.. prepared to deal with something like Clear Convoy.. so who knows. I think the Maximals might be in trouble since all their scientists are underground.*LOL*
Alak
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Unread post by Alak »

Phoenix wrote:Someone wasn't reading between the lines. ;) I basically said I did not want Nemesis in the maze, since I wouldn't be able to do anything with her there.

Thank you for taking the time and effort to make the very much so clear team lists, Alak, but I might take you up on your statement there, since I posted my opinion before the lists even came out. ;) I'll save the beat-down for when you're not expecting it though!
You're right that the post in page 14 was made prior to me making the list. You're also right that the post seems pretty clear that you don't want Nemesis going down underground. However, my post on page 15 specifically presents a refreshed scenario (the inclusion of a surface battle) to those partaking the next episode as to which mission they'd prefer. I don't take anything into account before that post regarding who goes where on the list. With the high traffic of ideas being tossed around in this thread, it's important to have every participant make a new post in response to each idea (especially to ones that have been confirmed). Otherwise, I'd might as well go back as far as Page 9 and make the assumption that the majority of players are going into the labyrinth. As you can see, such assumptions would be illogical in this case. However, I apologize if you wanted to participate in the Clear Convoy battle all along. I went ahead and replaced Terrorsaur with Nemesis for you and it is no trouble at all. If you still feel that you've been wronged in any way, just go ahead and PM me.

UPDATED LIST (WITH TEAMS)

Clear Convoy Team #1

Optimus Primal - Optimal Optimus Primal
Dinobot - Blazemane
Tigatron - Optimal Optimus Primal
Airazor - WorpeX
Icebreaker - NaitoKage
Feralnight - New Moon
Whitegrazer - Una

Clear Convoy Team #2

Megatron - NaitoKage
Tarantulas - NaitoKage