.:List of Active RPG Roles:.

A section for online Role Playing Games of a Beasties nature.

Moderators: Nurann, Starath, Sinead, Optimal Optimus Primal, Razor One

Alak
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Unread post by Alak »

- Edited Venatrix's bio to the updated one
- Removed Nemesis from the active roster
starshadow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Unread post by starshadow »

Why Nem's removed?
Alak
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Unread post by Alak »

She's not participating in the current episode. Don't worry, though, I have her profile saved onto my harddrive in case she makes a return for the next episode (same with all characters). This topic is made as a reference for those who are currently active. That way, you won't have to skim through all these non-participants before reaching a character you want to look up.
starshadow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Unread post by starshadow »

Ohhh...I see! :D
Phoenix
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
RPG Characters: Nemesis,Aurora,Zodiac

Unread post by Phoenix »

I'm eagerly awaiting the end of the current episode so I can rejoin again. I had mixed feelings about the current episode as is, tbh, since the plot did not leave much room for individual escapades (so to speak).

So even when I found myself with more time on my hands again, I did not quite know how to join the current ep. I toyed with the idea of joining a few times however. Still had not definitely decided I was not going to make an appearance when I saw this thread. :p
Venatrix

Unread post by Venatrix »

Ehm.... Alak?
You didn't edit Venatrix her profile correctly. She now has her original twin blades, and her newly developed transformable energy-beam-sword/sniper-rifle/semi-automatic rifle.
[img]http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a161/Venatrix1982/venatrix-sig3.jpg[/img]

[color=purple]"Those who fail to learn history are doomed to repeat it;
Those who fail to learn history [b][u]CORRECTLY--[/u][/b]
Why they are simply doomed."[/color]
Alak
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Unread post by Alak »

Thanks for the heads up. Fixed it.
Venatrix

Unread post by Venatrix »

Teehee :P

Yay! :P
[img]http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a161/Venatrix1982/venatrix-sig3.jpg[/img]

[color=purple]"Those who fail to learn history are doomed to repeat it;
Those who fail to learn history [b][u]CORRECTLY--[/u][/b]
Why they are simply doomed."[/color]
Alak
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Unread post by Alak »

- Added Ironclaw
- Added Aurora (her stats total 48, so I need Phoenix to clarify what her total is for the remainder of S1. She also has no rank but is currently in play, so I need a staff member to assign her one)
- Added Arachnitron
- Deleted the Vok section
Phoenix
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Unread post by Phoenix »

I wasn't planning on adding Aurora until season 2, but atm stats are as follows:

STRENGTH: 5
INTELLIGENCE: 9
SPEED: 6
ENDURANCE: 5
COURAGE: 6
FIREPOWER: 5
SKILL: 9

Ps: Nemesis is back in the game also.
Blackrosefencer
Ultra Poster!
Ultra Poster!

Unread post by Blackrosefencer »

Alak wrote:- - Added Arachnitron
Hey I noticed you have Arachnitron listed as a Pred, but I also remember reading that the Maximals are outnumbered? Did you guys want her as a Pred? Or would you prefer that I made her a Maximal? She can be either one. It wouldn't be completely implausible that she would abandon the Predacons and change sides considering all the testing they had done to her and the fact they were almost going to destroy her. So she can go either way...whichever works better plot wise....

Sig by WorpeX.

"Better be prepared for anything
When those demons rise."
(Str8 to the Bottom, Weaving the Fate)
Alak
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Unread post by Alak »

Dang, I forgot about the whole double-faction thing. I'm just going to set her as neutral for now (with a cheesy yin-yang symbol as her pic). You can go ahead and pick whatever faction you feel like since things are going to get re-balanced in Season 2 anyway and we're so close to the end. Also can't believe I forget Nem, so I added her as well. This is what I get for trying to edit things at 3:30 a.m. in the morning @_@.

***EDIT***

Maximals currently outnumber Predacons by one.
Phoenix
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Unread post by Phoenix »

Alak, you must have saved the original mini profile you made for Nem.. Cus once again it says 'immortality' when it should be saying 'rapid regeneration' or something of the sort.
Alak
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Unread post by Alak »

***EDIT***

Ok, I think I fixed it. If it's still wrong just lemme know.
Alak
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Unread post by Alak »

So I'm bumping this topic because Phoenix brought up an interesting point recently:
Phoenix wrote:Also the rank system is in desperate need of upgrades. Orcariner is still a 6.0, yet Primal places a lot of faith in the guy's abilities and he has been taking on something of a leadership role. Why is Frilla's rank only 4.0 when some of the new characters are a 6.0? I think she has proved herself by now and should at least be a 6.0. Aurora's rank, if I may put in my .2 cents here, I think should be the 4.0 given her lack of experience to the team and all. Our good general is a 7.0 despite her tendency to run off and lack of reliability as of late with her little personal issue. Maybe she used to be a 8.0? Rhinox should definitely be a 9.0 I think.. Whitegracer is a 7.0, and Valkyrie ranks as high as Rhinox with 8.0 despite never being there and as far as I could tell not taking on a leadership role or anything..Rattrap and Dinobot, who battle it out over leadership after Primal's private 4th of July, are 7.0 and 6.0 respectively. I have nothing but respect for all the characters involved, but shouldn't the rank actually reflect their role in the hierarchy?
This question is best suited to be answered by the staff members since they are the ones who actually provide rank designations. However, maybe the owners of the respective characters could give their own feedback in response to this. Glowstick has already set a precedent of changing rank after it had already been assigned, so just know that change is possible. Here's the current Maximal rankings (same ranks are placed in alphabetical order):

Season One Rankings

Optimus Primal - 10.0
Rhinox - 8.0
Valkyrie - 8.0
Rattrap - 7.0
Saber-Fang - 7.0
Whitegrazer - 7.0
Airazor - 6.0
Cheetor - 6.0
Dinobot - 6.0
Feralnight - 6.0
Icebreaker - 6.0
Ironclaw - 6.0
Orcariner - 6.0
Aurora - 5.0
Wintersong - 5.0
Frilla - 4.0
Tigatron - 4.0

We're at the end of Season 1, so the changes probably shouldn't go through until Season 2 (at least imo). However, some characters already have rank changes in Season 2. Here's the list (same ranks are placed in alphabetical order):

Season Two Rankings [INCOMPLETE!!!]

Optimus Primal - 10.0
Rhinox - 8.0
Cheetor - 7.0 [+]
Icebreaker - 7.0 [+]
Orcariner - 7.0 [+]
Silverbolt - 7.0
Rattrap - 7.0
Airazor - 6.0
Arachnitron - 6.0
Dinobot - 6.0
Feralnight - 6.0
Aurora - 5.0
Frilla - 5.0 [+]
Ironclaw - 6.0
Wintersong - 6.0 [+]
Tigatron - 4.0

If you don't see your OC listed in the Season 2 rankings, that's because you didn't submit a new profile for that OC yet. We're missing Saber-Fang, Valkyrie, and Whitegazer!

On behalf of Orcariner, I'd say the rank 6.0 seems a bit low for his actions this late in the game. It was definitely more suitable in the first few episodes when he was less confident, more lost, and more prone to panic. His skill rating in Season 1 alone is a testament to his lack of experience when he landed on Earth. So, while I do agree that he is segueing into the upcoming promotion, Orcariner was definitely a 6 at best in OC Episode #1, Chain of Command, Blitzkrieg, Double Jeopardy, and OC Episode #2. OC Episode #2 is probably the beginning phase of him getting into the groove of taking charge. In Season 2, he becomes a rank 7 and I'm currently fine with that. Given that he always refers to both Primal and Rhinox as his seniors and/or superiors, I'm not comfortable with having Orcariner match or surpass Rhinox in rank (who's at 8 right now).

On that note, let's talk about Phoenix's concern for Rhinox. Are we able to change and appeal canon characters' ranks? We all know who does what in the show, and in that regard I'd say Rhinox fully deserves a 9.0 ranking. However, considering the actions taken in the RPG, Rhinox doesn't carry the same impact as he did in the canon storyline due to all of these scrubs (aka- OCs) running around. I personally think he's good at an 8.0 right now, but if the staff wants to promote him for Season 2 (or Season 3), then I'm all for it.

Since we're talking about canon characters, I'd like to appeal to the staff to promote Dinobot. A rank 6 would be fine in a small cast, but with so many rank 6 OCs running around, Dinobot just gets lost in the midst of it all. If you take a look at every rank 7 or higher character, you'll notice that at least in one episode they've taken some form of initiative to bark orders or rise above their call of duty. 7 may be on the lower end of the upper-tier ranks, but it's still in the upper-tier nonetheless. I'd say Dinobot deserves it especially with how he behaves in Season 2 (disregarding the temporary betrayal...). You know what, now that I brought tiers into the discussion, here's how I view rankings:

Leader = 10 (leads everyone in respective faction)
Upper-Tier = 7-9 (generally leads squad missions if leader isn't involved)
Mid-Tier = 4-6 (followers, but are able to function in combat on an individual level)
Low-Tier = 1-3 (grunts who are too weak or inexperienced to function well without some form of leadership)