Favorite Character

Where we talk about nothing other than that. :)

Moderators: Nurann, Starath, Sinead, Optimal Optimus Primal, Razor One

Alak
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Favorite Character

Unread post by Alak »

We've done this time and time again. However, since it's a new year and we have new members requesting to talk about the series, let's just ask away. Who is your favorite Beast Wars character?

- Comic characters count
- Anime characters count
- Beast Machine characters count
- Provide a reason

ONLY PICK ONE CHARACTER THIS TIME!!!

As usual, mine is Depth Charge thanks to his awesome toy and anti-hero persona.
Night-Hunter
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
Location: Looking for my sanity... *sigh* Still can't find it.

Unread post by Night-Hunter »

ONLY PICK ONE CHARACTER THIS TIME!!!
Aww, just one?

Well I have to say that favorite Beast War Character is and forever will be... Dinobot. It most likely has to do with his sense of honor and the fact that he's freaking awesome and he's voiced by Scott Mcneil who is just as awesome. ^_^
"The enemy of my enemy is my bro."
Alak
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Unread post by Alak »

Sorry for the limitation, but last year everyone listed nearly half the show's cast lol.
WorpeX
Ultra Poster!
Ultra Poster!

Unread post by WorpeX »

Hmmm... There are only a few characters that make me laugh time and time again. Rattrap because of his obnoxious banter with the team and Inferno for his pure insanity. I also really like Tarantulas for his scheming personality and being the only character whom acts solely on his own designs. I like Depth Charge too, but only cause he looks so darn cool.

But my all time favorite, as mentioned in another thread, is Airazor. For some reason I've always seemed to like the Minor characters in shows more than the main ones. I don't know why, but its a re-occurring trend for me. In this case, Airazor seems to combine my favorite characteristics in all characters into one (Well, except insanity). Her dry sense of humor is hilarious, she rarely takes orders from Optimus, instead operates on her own or by Tigatrons command. Lastly, shes pretty hot ( :wink: ) and I think she has one of the best imagined robot forms of all the transformers when compared to her Toy counterpart.

(i'm also a sucker for damsels in distress)
JazZeke
Location: Arizona, where the grass is always greener... on the other side of the state line!

Unread post by JazZeke »

Mine is always changing. :)
una
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
RPG Characters: Whitegrazer, TyCross, and Blackarachnia

Unread post by una »

Well, my utlimate favorite will always be.......

*drumroll*

OPTIMUS PRIMAL!!! :D

*sees some characters aiming their weapons at me* :shock:
SkyxDB
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Unread post by SkyxDB »

Well, as much as I love alot of the other charatcers, I think Dinobot will always be my fav. Heck, ya gotta love a guy who can make quoting Shakespeare badass. Also even though (SPOILER! Wait, do I even have to put a spolier warning? :? ) death made me sad, the way he went out was pretty amazing though.
I demand cookies!
Alak
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Unread post by Alak »

JazZeke wrote:Mine is always changing. :)
Well how about this... who's your favorite character... at this very moment? As you are reading my message, who's the very first character that comes to mind when you read "favorite"? At this moment. Time has stopped. You will answer!
Optimal Optimus Primal
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
RPG Characters: Optimus Primal, Rattrap, Rhinox, Megatron, Inferno

Unread post by Optimal Optimus Primal »

Sorry for the limitation, but last year everyone listed nearly half the show's cast lol.
:lol: That we did.
Well how about this... who's your favorite character... at this very moment? As you are reading my message, who's the very first character that comes to mind when you read "favorite"? At this moment. Time has stopped. You will answer!
:lol: !! Now, now, Alak. We mustn't be pushy. :wink:

My favorites have changed over the course of the series when it was still airing, but Optimus has remained at the top since the ending of the first season of BW.

*high-fives una* 8) We cool.

Oh! Almost forgot my reason. Well, I've noticed I'm a sucker for the good guy leaders. Optimus is kind, compassionate, intelligent, and let's face it, huggable. Even as powerful as he was, he was a gentle giant and extremely selfless. Can't ask for more than that. :lol:
"Well, that's just prime!"
Blazemane
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Unread post by Blazemane »

Silverbolt.

His beast mode is awesome, I think his feather missiles are inventive and fun to watch in action, and most of all- while I don't know about the whole "strong and fast" thing- he is incredibly noble.
I understand... you are, after all, a predacon.

[img]http://www.bwint.net/memberfanclubterrorsaur.jpg[/img] [img]http://www.bwint.net/bannersbfanclub2.jpg[/img]
JazZeke
Location: Arizona, where the grass is always greener... on the other side of the state line!

Unread post by JazZeke »

Right now, this very moment? Rattrap. He had all the best lines.
una
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
RPG Characters: Whitegrazer, TyCross, and Blackarachnia

Unread post by una »

Optimal Optimus Primal wrote:My favorites have changed over the course of the series when it was still airing, but Optimus has remained at the top since the ending of the first season of BW.

*high-fives una* 8) We cool.

Oh! Almost forgot my reason. Well, I've noticed I'm a sucker for the good guy leaders. Optimus is kind, compassionate, intelligent, and let's face it, huggable. Even as powerful as he was, he was a gentle giant and extremely selfless. Can't ask for more than that. :lol:
*Highfives* Yes we are, my dear 8)

Oh! I never wrote my reason!

My reasons are....well, they are the same as OOP's :D :lol: *hugs Optimus Primal* Eeeeeeeeeeee.
GoktimusPrime

Unread post by GoktimusPrime »

I quite like Razorbeast. :)
Image Transformers Collection Count: 1458 (UCM)
Phoenix
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
RPG Characters: Nemesis,Aurora,Zodiac

Unread post by Phoenix »

Just one character? That's a tough one..

Before listing my very favorite, let me list the two runner-ups.

#3: RatTrap/Dinobot: I simply cannot pick between these two. The dynamics between these characters are priceless, and I was given many "Oooh!", "LOL!", and even "Aww!" moments when I saw how these two buddies would snarl and snap at each other, make hilarious comments about each other, yet deep down obviously care a great deal about each other.. I think the episode where RatTrap went to great lengths to try to revive Dinobot was supposed to be called something like "Shattered Glass". I think it's a shame this episode was never made, due to its 'dark nature' I was told, but it would have helped clear up how Dinobot 2 could end up with the original Dinobot's personality even though they should have nothing in common aside from the name. Anyways.. These two made a delightful pair..

#2: BlackArachnia; When I first saw this lethal femme fatale I thought it was awesome that the tiny female could beat up on all those much larger males. She just had this aura about her that craved respect, due to her fighting abilities and her intellect and spunky nature alike. Unfortunately I felt she lost a lot of that spunk as the show progressed and she joined the maximals, which even though her TM2 upgrade looked awesome, could not save her from losing first place to..

#1 Tarantulas; This guy actually went the opposite way on my attention-meter. When the show started out, I wasn't very interested at all in Tarantulas antics. To me he was just another predacon, waiting to be turned into gunfodder at some point. Yet as the show progressed and I saw all his often ingenious scheming, the character started drawing me in. I always was a fan of Starscream, the 'underling' who stood out with an agenda of his own. I thought Terrorsaur was the Starscream of Beast Wars. He sure had one of the better designs among the original predacons (he actually had HANDS!) and did come up with some schemes of his own, but not to the extent seen with Tarantulas. Here was a guy who didn't care what the others thought of him, who obviously had an intellect superior to most, and who was not afraid of using said intellect to further his own goals. With Tarantulas I always found myself wondering what he was up to, and the writers even tossed in a surprise or two along the way. I always was a sucker for the unknown..!
GoktimusPrime

Unread post by GoktimusPrime »

The funny thing about watching Rattrap and Dinobot go off at each other is that you know it's Scott McNeil talking to himself! :D
Image Transformers Collection Count: 1458 (UCM)