which side of the bed do you and your partner sleep on?

Where you can post announcements and other cool things. Doesn't have to be BW-related.

Moderators: Nurann, Starath, Sinead, Optimal Optimus Primal, Razor One

Phoenix
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
RPG Characters: Nemesis,Aurora,Zodiac

which side of the bed do you and your partner sleep on?

Unread post by Phoenix »

I suddenly started thinking, while laying in bed with Nick snoozing next to me, how those of you that have a partner in bed with you share the bed. It's something we've wondered before, because somehow we ended up sleeping with Nick on my right side if I'm laying on my back in bed, or him on the left side if looking at the bed from the foot of the bed. We never sleep with me on the other side of him, because it just feels strange. In our current bedroom Nick sleeps closer to the door and I'm closer to the window, but we have always slept with him on my right side (in bed) even when I was closer to the door in another house.

So do you have a "your side" and "partner's side" too, or is it random?
GoktimusPrime

Unread post by GoktimusPrime »

I sleep on the left which is away from the door. Although your arrangement makes more sense from a security POV cos if there were a midnight intruder and you guys were lucky enough to wake up to notice and the intruder approached/entered the bedroom, then the man would be nearest to the door (perp) and would be your first line of defence. Our set up is totally topsy-turvy. If someone came into our room, the first line of defence is the baby, then my wife... then I'd be climbing out the window escap--, uh, getting help. ;) :D
Image Transformers Collection Count: 1458 (UCM)
Nurann
Site Admin

Unread post by Nurann »

When I started sleeping over at my bf's place, I sort-of automatically went to the right side (furthest from the door). I did it because his alarm clock and closet is on the left and I figured that if he needed the alarm for anything he'd be able to reach it better that way, but anything else now would probably feel weird.
~Nurannoniel Amruniel ~ Blessed Be~