Botcon 2011

Where you can post announcements and other cool things. Doesn't have to be BW-related.

Moderators: Nurann, Starath, Sinead, Optimal Optimus Primal, Razor One

Beastbot
Ultra Poster!
Ultra Poster!

Unread post by Beastbot »

SilverfromOZ wrote:Haven't heard from Beastbot in an age, however I reckon he'll probably turn up with his awesome dad :D
But of course! Signed up for the Primus package and all that good stuff when it came online a few days ago. Can't wait to see you all again!

Speaking of which, if anyone hasn't preregistered and wants the toys, you'll probably want to do so ASAP. Apparently they're selling at a record rate and they may be out of Primus packages by this weekend.
Last updated April 25th
Current Transformers Total: 4,975
Nurann
Site Admin

Unread post by Nurann »

Beastbot wrote:
SilverfromOZ wrote:Haven't heard from Beastbot in an age, however I reckon he'll probably turn up with his awesome dad :D
But of course! Signed up for the Primus package and all that good stuff when it came online a few days ago. Can't wait to see you all again!

Speaking of which, if anyone hasn't preregistered and wants the toys, you'll probably want to do so ASAP. Apparently they're selling at a record rate and they may be out of Primus packages by this weekend.
:shock: I knew the loose sets were gone by like, day two, but Primus packages are selling out??? Holy slag! Glad I got mine and Star's in when I did then...

Will you be joining us for Six Flags, Beastbot?
~Nurannoniel Amruniel ~ Blessed Be~
Beastbot
Ultra Poster!
Ultra Poster!

Unfortunately, no. Going to CA again for Botcon, especially during a movie year with a butt-ton of toys coming out the month before AND during a year when I've lost a fair bit of money due to the number of work days I've missed because of my LASIK complication, is really going to stretch my budget. Staying for another day would've been pushing it too much. (I'm planning on getting in Thursday afternoon and leaving early Monday morning.)
Last updated April 25th
SilverfromOZ
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Unread post by SilverfromOZ »

Hey Beastbot! Where are you going to be staying throughout the con? :D
It's ok sir. I'll be fine...

Just listen to your commander, bonebrain!

Yes dear...
Beastbot
Ultra Poster!
Ultra Poster!

At the Pasadena Hilton.

Also, just got an e-mail from the club a few hours ago that all Primus packages are now sold out. So no more boxsets available.
Last updated April 25th
Starath
Site Admin

Unread post by Starath »

Howdy ya'll :mrgreen:

I was curious if anyone's interested in some cosplay shenanigans. I'll be TFA Blitzwing, and I intend to RP as much as possible, or at least til my energy runs out for it.... Random and Hothead take a lot of energy to act out.

My version of Blitzwing is well-known for dancing to Caramelldansen, singing N'SYNC's "Space Cowboy", and playing watermelon foosball. Also, if some poor soul shows up as a Starscream, I hope he/she is prepared to get some attention from Random. >> I was thinking, at the VERY least, I'm going to blast Caramelldansen and try to get everyone around to join in. It would be great if I had some help :mrgreen:

I'm attending Anime Detour this weekend up in the Twin Cities. It'll be a trial run for my Blitzwing costume and how much abuse it can take (it fell apart last Halloween). Also, is anyone here knowledgeable in mask-making? I have a fake monocle but nothing else to represent Blitzwing's personalities. Some help/suggestions would be wondrous. If anyone's curious, I can find a pic of me in the costume.

Anyway, my going to this Botcon is possible only because of some very treasured, generous friends, and slaggit, I want to make a party out of it, and Blitzwing's just the bot to do it!
"I reject your reality and substitute my own."
--Adam Savage, Mythbusters

[img]http://www.bwint.net/megfanclubbanner3.jpg[/img] [img]http://www.bwint.net/memberdcfanclub.jpg[/img]

"You're... [i]real![/i]"
Nurann
Site Admin

Unread post by Nurann »

Well Star, at the very least you know that femme Ratchet will be with you all the way! ;)
Sinead

Unread post by Sinead »

*delurks, shuffles out of school and is about to run to punch in at work* And you'll have a Jazz in a skirt to run around with and bounce off of.

Yes. Singing randomly WILL probably be involved. Just saying.

>.>
<.<

*relurks*
Uncle Iroh: I know you're not supposed to cry over spilled tea, but *cries* it's just so sad!
Beastbot
Ultra Poster!
Ultra Poster!

Sinead wrote:*delurks, shuffles out of school and is about to run to punch in at work* And you'll have a Jazz in a skirt to run around with and bounce off of.
Nice. G1, Movie, or Animated?
Last updated April 25th
Sinead

Unread post by Sinead »

G1 type theme ... https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hp ... 5897_n.jpg

I get the fabric soonish, and will, from there, be putting that piece of awesome together. With low, sturdy heels and a backpack that will hold everything I'll need for the day.
Uncle Iroh: I know you're not supposed to cry over spilled tea, but *cries* it's just so sad!
Nurann
Site Admin

Unread post by Nurann »

Sinead wrote:G1 type theme ... https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hp ... 5897_n.jpg

I get the fabric soonish, and will, from there, be putting that piece of awesome together. With low, sturdy heels and a backpack that will hold everything I'll need for the day.
Finally decided on one, then? lol Glad to hear!

Speaking of backpacks, I SO wish I could find my camera and post of a video of the progress on mine. The flashing lights/sound and Autobot symbol button are finally done and working perfectly! Bwahahahaha! :lol:
Baron Fel

Unread post by Baron Fel »

I'm totally stoked for Botcon. Did everybody make sure to register for the HoF ceremony? And are you nfolks votinh Waspy? Also when and wherefore is the 6 flags?

Also, aso I really should post more sometime. Stupid life.
[img]http://www.bwint.net/bannerrhinoxfanclub.jpg[/img][img]http://www.bwint.net/membertarantulasclub1.jpg[/img]
Optimal Optimus Primal
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
RPG Characters: Optimus Primal, Rattrap, Rhinox, Megatron, Inferno

Unread post by Optimal Optimus Primal »

I'll be voting between Waspy, Grimmy and Jazz. :wink:

I refuse to vote for Erector. :x
"Well, that's just prime!"
Beastbot
Ultra Poster!
Ultra Poster!

Even though I already paid for it, I'm not going to attend the HoF ceremony. I'm just taking my goodie bag and leaving. I refuse to attend what is no doubt going to be a circus of a ceremony now that Erector is one of the final nominees and will have a video in his "honor" (I have no idea how they're going to do it, either). Shocked Hasbro actually acknolwedged those joke nominations.

Even though in all honesty I want Shockwave to win, I'm voting Grimlock every day. He's got the most fan support in numbers judging from the fansite polls and thus is the most likely to stop Erector from actually taking this thing.

I sent a (polite) complaint letter to Hasbro. I encourage others to do the same, we might prevent this from happening again if enough of us do so. I talk more about this in the Rant Section here: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=3484
Last updated April 25th
Nurann
Site Admin

Unread post by Nurann »

Actually, most of us aren't going to the HoF ceremony. There are other... special occasions... we voted to celebrate that night ;)