Botcon 2011

Where you can post announcements and other cool things. Doesn't have to be BW-related.

Moderators: Nurann, Starath, Sinead, Optimal Optimus Primal, Razor One

SilverfromOZ
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Botcon 2011

Unread post by SilverfromOZ »

Well, I am very much looking forward to throwing myself with reckless abandon into the dealer room and towards and voice actor that comes my way this year. Who else is interested in joining the shenanigans at this year's Botcon? :mrgreen:
It's ok sir. I'll be fine...

Just listen to your commander, bonebrain!

Yes dear...
Phoenix
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
RPG Characters: Nemesis,Aurora,Zodiac

Unread post by Phoenix »

Not sure of the "where" and the "when". :) most likely not since the baby is expected in June.

Also a majority of botcons seem to be hosted on the opposite side of the country from me, in the Florida or even California regions.. A bit far from NY.
Night-Hunter
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
Location: Looking for my sanity... *sigh* Still can't find it.

Unread post by Night-Hunter »

Why can't there ever be a Botcon or any kind of Con in seattle? At least then I'd have some sort of chance at going. ><
"The enemy of my enemy is my bro."
JazZeke
Location: Arizona, where the grass is always greener... on the other side of the state line!

Unread post by JazZeke »

I haven't ever been able to afford to go to a Botcon. Maybe someday.
Phoenix
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Unread post by Phoenix »

They need to vary the botcon locations more. I've included a list of the different botcon locations since 1994. One was in NY in 1997, many years before I moved here, whereas California has had a whooping 4 since 1998. Unfortunately California is way too far for me to travel to go to botcon, so I reckon I will never get to see one in person. I don't think it needs to be held in my backyard, necessarily, but one of the neighboring states or even Canada would be nice.

1994: Grand Wayne Center, Fort Wayne, Indiana -- July 16 [3]
1995: Dayton Convention Center, Dayton, Ohio -- August 5–6 [4]
1996: Radisson Hotel Rosemont (formerly Clarion Resort Rosemont), Rosemont, Illinois -- July 12–14 [5]
1997: Rochester Riverside Convention Center, Rochester, New York -- July 18–20 [6]
BotCon Japan 1997: Science and Technology Hall, Tokyo, Japan -- June 8 [7]
1998: Anaheim Convention Center, Anaheim, California -- June 19–21 [8]
BotCon Japan 1998: Sevencity Hall, Tokyo, Japan—December 12–13 [9]
1999: Touchstone Energy Place (formerly RiverCentre), St. Paul, Minnesota -- July 16–18 [10]
BotCon Europe 1999: Barnabas Center, London, United Kingdom -- August 13–14 [11]
2000: Grand Wayne Center, Fort Wayne, Indiana—July 28–30 [12]
BotCon Japan 2000: Trade and Industry Center, Tokyo, Japan—December 17 [13]
2001: Durham Marriott Civic Center, Durham, North Carolina -- July 13–15 [14]
2002: Grand Wayne Center, Fort Wayne, Indiana—July 26–28 [15]
BotCon Europe 2002: Wolsey Hall, Cheshunt, United Kingdom—November 3 [16]
OTFCC 2003: Hyatt Regency O'Hare, Rosemont, Illinois—July 25–27
OTFCC 2004: Donald E. Stephens Convention Center, Rosemont, Illinois—July 31 - August 1
BotCon 2004: Pasadena Conference Center, Pasadena, California -- June 19–20 [17]
2005: Embassy Suites, Frisco, Texas -- September 22–25 [18]
2006: Lexington Convention Center, Lexington, Kentucky -- September 27 - October 1 [19]
2007: Rhode Island Convention Center, Providence, Rhode Island, Hasbro's home state, the weekend before the live-action Transformers movie was released—June 28 - July 1 [20]
2008: Duke Energy Center, Cincinnati, Ohio -- April 24–27 [21]
2009: Pasadena Conference Center, Pasadena, California—May 28–31 [22]
2010: Lake Buena Vista, Florida. Walt Disney World Dolphin Resort—June 24–27
2011: Pasadena Conference Center, Pasadena, California—June 2–5[23]
Optimal Optimus Primal
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
RPG Characters: Optimus Primal, Rattrap, Rhinox, Megatron, Inferno

Unread post by Optimal Optimus Primal »

Not once in Pennsylvania. The potholes probably scare everyone away. :lol: Why does my state have to suck so much? :?

The reason for it being in California so many times is simple; Hollywood. They just want your monies! :lol: Come to PA! We don't have smog and earthquakes! :lol:

Still not sure if I'm coming to BC this year. I'd really, really like to visit CA, but I'm more likely heading back to Vancouver for vacation and possibly a new sci-fi based convention. I'd honestly rather check out Auto Assembly in August if I can afford it instead of BotCon.
"Well, that's just prime!"
JazZeke
Location: Arizona, where the grass is always greener... on the other side of the state line!

Unread post by JazZeke »

Optimal Optimus Primal wrote:Not once in Pennsylvania. The potholes probably scare everyone away. :lol: Why does my state have to suck so much? :?
It was originally settled by Germans. Enough said. :P

[PC disclaimer: I am descended from the Pennsylvania Doitch on my mother's side so I can crack jokes about them all I want.]
Alak
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Unread post by Alak »

Bring Botcon to Arizona. Then, I'll go.
Sapphire
Site Admin

Unread post by Sapphire »

I've always had to travel from the UK to Botcon (and this year from Australia!) so I've travelled further than most of you to get there. :p That said, I agree the con's location should vary. Even as an international attendee, if you're flying all that way to the USA each time, you kinda want to make it a holiday and see a new place each time. California's great and all, but it's a state I've seen and I'd love to see another part of the HUGE country that is the USA!
[url=http://www.bwint.net/fanclubrattrap.htm][img]http://www.bwint.net/memberrattrapclub1.jpg[/img][/url] || [img]http://www.bwint.net/fanclubrampagebanner1.jpg[/img]
Optimal Optimus Primal
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
RPG Characters: Optimus Primal, Rattrap, Rhinox, Megatron, Inferno

Unread post by Optimal Optimus Primal »

It was originally settled by Germans. Enough said.

[PC disclaimer: I am descended from the Pennsylvania Doitch on my mother's side so I can crack jokes about them all I want.]
LoL Poke fun all you want. I have a lot of PA Dutch from my mom's side. Italian on my dad's side (with connectios to the mob, so watch your mouth! :lol: ). And some english from my mom's dad, I believe, and native American from my dad's mom. Where's my tomahawk? :lol:

In all seriousness, PA is a beautiful state with lots of wildlife. It's just the taxes and crappy roads that make it suck to live here. :roll:

There's also a DragonCon in GA that I really want to attend this September, but I just don't know what to do right now. So many cons and not enough money and vacation pay. :x
"Well, that's just prime!"
Phoenix
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Unread post by Phoenix »

Oh I envy you for being able to afford going for long trips like that to attend botcon. :) We have trouble just scraping together enough money to get by, much less enough to take a cross-country (or world for that sake) vacation to attend botcon! That and finding a time for both of us to get vacation off at the same time is not easy..
The Crab

Unread post by The Crab »

*Necro-Thread™*

C'mon, Pete@Botcon. Baltimore, Maryland has an amazing convention center, one that is more awesome than the one in Kentucky or Rhode Island (ie: the two Botcons where we all rolled together). It's got three floors, located right next to like a bazillion, nice hotels, and next to some of the best pizza I've had in my life.

Or why not Washington DC? The USA's capitol. It's arguably the easiest place to fly to in the States. All kinds of sights and national monuments for the non-locals to check out and see. The National Mall is pretty sweet, as are all the museums.

Plus, also awesome pizza.

... Besides. I don't have the cash to fly to the other side of the country. D: I'm A Typical Broke Guy™.
Is the answer to this question "No"?

LYSDEXIC DARAPOX.
Nurann
Site Admin

Unread post by Nurann »

So... wait, who IS actually going this year?
~Nurannoniel Amruniel ~ Blessed Be~
SilverfromOZ
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Unread post by SilverfromOZ »

:lol: Couldn't have put it better myself Nurann :D

Alrighty well from my records the people who are going are
1) Me
2) Sapphire
3) Starath
4) Sinead
5) Baron Fel
6) Dallas (crazy Aussie friend #1)
7) Ted (crazy Aussie friend #2)

the maybes I have atm are:
8) Yourself
9) OOP
10) Ben (crazy Aussie friend #3)

Haven't heard from Beastbot in an age, however I reckon he'll probably turn up with his awesome dad :D

Currently scoping out the Pasadena Inn for rooms if anyone else is interested.
It's ok sir. I'll be fine...

Just listen to your commander, bonebrain!

Yes dear...
Nurann
Site Admin

Unread post by Nurann »

Okay, Sinead shoved me off the fence with cosplay talk. I'm in. There was a seat sale going for june 1st and june 6th, so I booked now seeing as the return one was almost sold out! So I'm locked in now lol.
~Nurannoniel Amruniel ~ Blessed Be~