The Toy You Wish You Had

Where we talk about nothing other than that. :)

Moderators: Nurann, Starath, Sinead, Optimal Optimus Primal, Razor One

Blazemane
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Unread post by Blazemane »

WorpeX, I feel your pain on missing a specific TF figure. For years I wanted a BW Ravage
On that note, the toy I'm interested in is the Botcon exclusive Tigatron. Paint scheme... way too cool...
I understand... you are, after all, a predacon.

[img]http://www.bwint.net/memberfanclubterrorsaur.jpg[/img] [img]http://www.bwint.net/bannersbfanclub2.jpg[/img]
WorpeX
Ultra Poster!
Ultra Poster!

Unread post by WorpeX »

Sapphire wrote:WorpeX, I feel your pain on missing a specific TF figure. For years I wanted a BW Ravage and I finally got one for Christmas this year (yay!) satisfying that long hunger! However, it was pried from the Internet. Unless you attend a Botcon or have a REALLY good comic shop, these old figures are difficult to come by. Your best bet is ebay or a TF site that sells figures. A cursory search on ebay threw up a couple of BW Airazors (original) for around $30, which is pretty good. Beware of knock-offs, though.
Ravage is super cool. Although I refuse to put him into vehicle mode, I did it once and it took like 2 hours to figure out. Never again. I'm definitely going to try ebay someday, although by than it'll be like 100$ probably. haha.
GoktimusPrime

Unread post by GoktimusPrime »

There's a TF collector in Perth who's selling a Video Pack Airazor (exact same mould as original Airazor, but with some colours changed - see pics in links to compare) for AU$12. If you're interested PM me your email address and I'll forward it onto this person. :)
Image Transformers Collection Count: 1458 (UCM)
Darth Knuckles

Unread post by Darth Knuckles »

The Beast Wars toy I always wanted but could never find was Inferno. I looked at the toy section every time at the many stores I looked at for my toys and I found all of them I wanted except Inferno. I was able to find every toy I ever wanted as a kid in the stores except for Inferno. :( So I have a pretty good record at getting what I wanted as a kid. It was always weird to me how I never even saw the toy once in stores though. Oh well, I got all of the others I wanted. :D
"Say goodbye to the universe, Maximals. The future has changed. Yeeeessss. The Autobots lose, evil triumphs, and you, you, no longer exist! " - Megatron (Beast Wars)
GoktimusPrime

Wow that's weird... Inferno was fairly easy for me to find (although right now I can't find Reveal The Shield Solar Storm Grappel ANYWHERE <insert.swear.words>). Inferno's a really nice toy, easily one of my favourite Beast Wars Megas... I highly recommend it. There's a few going on eBay atm for pretty cheap (I personally don't have an eBay account though -- much prefer buying toys in person :))
Darth Knuckles

Thanks for the input GoktimusPrime. I'm very picky about the things I buy too. I'd have to be sure the toy was totally complete before I'd buy it and in good shape. I always thought Inferno looked like one of the most cartoon accurate toys out there. For the royalty I wish I could have found it back in the day. :D I'll have to check eBay and get it one of these days though. I hope you find the one you're looking for too.
"Say goodbye to the universe, Maximals. The future has changed. Yeeeessss. The Autobots lose, evil triumphs, and you, you, no longer exist! " - Megatron (Beast Wars)
robo_rob

Unread post by robo_rob »

Honestly, I'm pretty happy with my BW collection. I'd still love a Tank Tank though. I'd still like a Ravage/Jaguar toy, but I have the mold (BotCon Tigatron) in what I think is a better deco, so I'm not as hard up for it. Of course I'd love to get more of those fun gumball figures, I have quite a few, but I always have more room for figurines.

From around 2000 to 2004 I really wanted a Primal Prime as I never found him in my area and he's a rad repaint of one of the best BW molds IMO. So when my buddy sold me his for BotCon funds, I was all over it.

As far as non beast toys go, I'd still like some of the older Japanese and Euro exclusives that I never got for one reason or another. Like Star Saber and Overlord, or euro Action Masters and more late G1/early G2 stuff. I have the more modern homages, but would still love some of those originals.
Alak
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Unread post by Alak »

While unlikely, wouldn't it be cool if Hasbro decided to make like a 15th year anniversary collection for each Beast Wars character? Maybe they can remodel some of the non-show characters and make them look closer to their comic counterparts.
GoktimusPrime

Darth Knuckles wrote:I always thought Inferno looked like one of the most cartoon accurate toys out there. For the royalty I wish I could have found it back in the day. :D
You mean the show was toy-accurate. Remember -- the toy came first! :)
robo_rob wrote:I'd still like a Ravage/Jaguar toy, but I have the mold (BotCon Tigatron) in what I think is a better deco, so I'm not as hard up for it.
That's funny... I feel the same, but swap those toys around -- i.e. I have Ravage which I think is a better deco. :p Also, BotCon Tigatron would cost too much, whereas I only paid $22 for Ravage. :) Paying more than $30 for a Deluxe feels stupid to me... maybe $50 tops for a limited exclusive, but I wouldn't go beyond that.
robo_rob wrote:From around 2000 to 2004 I really wanted a Primal Prime as I never found him in my area and he's a rad repaint of one of the best BW molds IMO. So when my buddy sold me his for BotCon funds, I was all over it.
Primal Prime never came out here. :(
robo_rob wrote:As far as non beast toys go, I'd still like some of the older Japanese and Euro exclusives that I never got for one reason or another. Like Star Saber and Overlord, or euro Action Masters and more late G1/early G2 stuff. I have the more modern homages, but would still love some of those originals.
The European Transformers all came out here (yay!) -- but Overlord for really rare. I never saw him in stores! In fact, most Australian collectors find it easier and cheaper to get a Takara Overlord than a Hasbro one! I personally found it interesting how IDW's recent Last Stand of the Wreckers series actually featured Hasbro's Overlord and not Takara's! :)

The 1991 Action Masters are no better or worse than the 1990 ones (although Thundercracker is hideously coloured!). I didn't get any of the Action Master Elites, but I've seen/handled them IRL... they're nine flavours of crap. Overpriced crap now! Honestly, you're not missing out on much. European figures that I would recommend are:
+ Any of the Turbomasters (Thunder Clash is awesome)
+ Any of the Predators (they're all great, I have a particular fondness for Talon :))
+ Any of the Lightformers (Deftwing's my favourite)
+ Any of the Trakkons (Calcar's my favourite)

I like the Motorvators simply because they're a relatively cheaper and easier alternative to getting the Japanese Brainmasters (although they don't have the gestalt parts to form Road Caesar). The Autobot Rescue Force are pretty forgettable, but they're a much cheaper alternative to getting Breast Force (they can't form Lio Kaiser).
robo_rob

Unread post by robo_rob »

I've got some Turbomasters and Skyscorchers, but would love more. As for the Actionmasters, I love em, would jump all over more.

You gotta remember though, Tigatron worked out to be cheaper than Ravage for a lot of us in the states during that time. I remember seeing X-9 at BotCon once for $40, ran to the ATM to get the cash, came back and guy was sold out. Then saw a little dude walking away with a stack of them.

Rage followed, but dieded and turned into laughter. Lucky dude :P
Darth Knuckles

GoktimusPrime wrote:You mean the show was toy-accurate. Remember -- the toy came first! :)
Exactamundo! I knew that but I guess I didn't get that across. :P Waspinator, Depth Charge, Rampage, Optimus Primal Transmetal, Cheetor Transmetal, Tarantulas Transmetal, Dinobot Transmetal 2, and Tigerhawk are pretty good looking to their toy counterparts too. But I do think in some cases I like the cartoon version a little better than the toy version. Especially with their head sculpts in robot mode.
GoktimusPrime

Sapphire wrote:Unless you attend a Botcon or have a REALLY good comic shop, these old figures are difficult to come by. Your best bet is ebay or a TF site that sells figures.
IMO your best bet is just to buy the toys when they're current and still being sold in regular retail stores! I paid 1800JPY (AU$22) for Ravage when I got him back in 1999. In fact, I bought two so I could keep one sealed -- but I've since traded off my sealed one years ago for a bunch of loose G1 and G2 figures. :p I don't even have an eBay account... I just get most of my toys from local departmental and toy stores. ;)
Beastbot
Ultra Poster!
Ultra Poster!

Unread post by Beastbot »

I'm gonna have to track down a TM Tigatron one of these days.

That's about it, really.
Last updated April 25th
Current Transformers Total: 4,975
OriginalSafeguard

Unread post by OriginalSafeguard »

Antagony. I really want one, but there is no way that I am going to spend $400+ for it.
I wish I was as smart as I think I am.
Cinder-claw
Location: Hanging out with Terrorsaur, plotting new ways to gain leadership of the Preds.

Unread post by Cinder-claw »

The only BW toys I've ever owned were figures of Quickstrike and the Transmetal 2 version of Blackarachnia, but I remember (many many years ago when I was still a kid) finding a Transmetal Megatron for sale in a department store somewhere. Can't remember how much it was, but mum wouldn't let me buy it. No surprise, the next time we went back to that shop, my much-wanted action figure was gone! :(