Where I've Been/Will Be

Where you can post announcements and other cool things. Doesn't have to be BW-related.

Moderators: Nurann, Starath, Sinead, Optimal Optimus Primal, Razor One

Beastbot
Ultra Poster!
Ultra Poster!

Where I've Been/Will Be

Unread post by Beastbot »

Hey everyone,

You might have been wondering where I've been for a while. Well, nowhere special, but I had LASIK surgery done to my eyes in late August. And, lucky me, I was the one out of 3,000 who had a complication. My right eye is fine-- it's 20/12 now-- but my left eye healed incorrectly, to the point where it's barely 20/100 now, and unlike before my LASIK, I'm not near or far-sighted-- nothing's in focus in my left eye. It's still fluctuating, which is why they can't fine-tune the process until it stabilizes, or I'd have been fixed up already, but the big vision discrepancy between my eyes can get problematic, particularly when it comes to things that give a substantial amount of light-- like traditional computer screens (less so with large screens that emit less light, so I can still play video games a bit, thank goodness). Usually I can't do much more than visit some of the main TF news sites or work a little on my website without soon getting an eye-ache, so that's why I haven't been around lately. Plus the color layout on this board was bugging me even BEFORE I had LASIK done, which makes it even harder to go on here in particular.

So, hope to "see" you guys soon, but I don't know how long it will take for this to work itself out. Sorry I wasn't able to post sooner about this, I've been rather distracted with my job/holidays and stuff like that, this kinda of eye problem can really get in the way of stuff.
Last updated April 25th
Current Transformers Total: 4,975
sj_hawkins

Unread post by sj_hawkins »

That really sucks. Is there anything that can be done to try and sort this out, or would it only make things worse? :(
Alak
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Unread post by Alak »

Dang sorry to hear about that. Are you still able to do other things with your right eye like play your PS3 or did the doctor tell you to lay off on everything that could aggravate your symptoms?

EDIT: nevermind, just read that you can still play videogames.
Last edited by Alak on Tue Dec 28, 2010 2:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Blazemane
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Unread post by Blazemane »

I'm sorry to hear it too. I hope everything sorts out soon.
I understand... you are, after all, a predacon.

[img]http://www.bwint.net/memberfanclubterrorsaur.jpg[/img] [img]http://www.bwint.net/bannersbfanclub2.jpg[/img]
SilverfromOZ
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Unread post by SilverfromOZ »

Hey Beastbot!

Sorry to hear about the complications with the operation. Its good to hear that you can still get you Playstation gaming in (we will have to play some Burnout at some point). Also save up the monies for Botcon later on this year! :D
It's ok sir. I'll be fine...

Just listen to your commander, bonebrain!

Yes dear...
GoktimusPrime

Unread post by GoktimusPrime »

Eeep! :o That's why I choose to wear glasses. Yeah they're a hassle (especially when my infant daughter loves to rip them off my face and see how far she can throw them) -- but I'm just way too scared that I'd be in that minority group who'd suffer some kind of nasty complication (cos knowing my luck, I would). One of my colleagues had the procedure done and she totally loves it and raves on about it and tells me I should get it done... I dunno... I'm too scared to even wear contact lenses. :p :p (the idea of molesting my own eyeballs really grosses me out!)
Image Transformers Collection Count: 1458 (UCM)
Beastbot
Ultra Poster!
Ultra Poster!

Unread post by Beastbot »

Alright, I'm back! :D I had the correction procedure done a few weeks ago (PKE, not LASIK-- different procedure that's less risky, but takes a LOT longer to heal from). No problems there and my left eye's healing at the normal rate, though it could be up to 3 months before it's completely better. It's getting a little better every week, though.
Last updated April 25th
Current Transformers Total: 4,975