The Beast Wars Trivia Thread

Where we talk about nothing other than that. :)

Moderators: Nurann, Starath, Sinead, Optimal Optimus Primal, Razor One

Alak
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Unread post by Alak »

http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Optimus_Primal/toys

Scroll down until you see "Black Convoy".
GoktimusPrime

Unread post by GoktimusPrime »

TFwiki wrote:Within the Beast Wars Reborn text story, the reissued Laser Prime toy was repurposed as a temporary form for Optimus Primal.
TFwiki wrote:The Alternity fiction repurposes this figure as a new body for Optimus Primal, based on how Primal's disembodied spark had previously taken possession of Nemesis' body earlier in the Binaltech story.
Based on these descriptions, it sounds like Optimus Primal's Spark temporarily occupied Nemesis Prime/Black Convoy's much like how Starscream's Spark temporarily possessed Scourge (G1) and Waspinator - but Scourge and Waspinator aren't really regarded as Starscream toys.

Your question specifically said, "Q: What American car was Optimus Primal modeled after in one of his toys?" - and I would interpret that as meaning that there's a toy out there, specifically marketed as Optimus Primal by HasTak, who transforms into an American car. However Black Convoy is really a Black Convoy toy who happened to be possessed by Optimus Primal's Spark at some point. Even if Optimus Primal's Spark had permanently possessed him, the toy itself was still specifically marketed as "Black Convoy" by Takara. It's much like how the Bumblejumper/Bumper toy was explicitly marketed as either Bumblebee or Cliffjumper by Hasbro, despite the fact that it's an entirely different toy. Official fiction has since retconed Bumper as an entirely separate character, but it doesn't change the fact that the Bumper toy is officially either Bumblebee or Cliffjumper.

Perhaps it would have been better to phrase the question as, "Which American car was Optimus Primal once able to transform into?" Since nobody got that question right, it doesn't effect the outcome of the game so far, but let's be careful in how we phrase questions to try to make them not too ambiguous/confusing. :) Just a suggestion; keep the questions coming folks!

Cheers
Image Transformers Collection Count: 1458 (UCM)
Alak
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Unread post by Alak »

Wait... what exactly is wrong with the question? Sorry to ask since you wrote so much, but I'm going to need clarification.

^ Is this (found on Optimus Primal's tfwiki page list of of his toys) or is this not an Optimus Primal toy? If it's not, then feel free to further correct me as well as edit that wiki page so that it doesn't misinform people like me in the future.
GoktimusPrime

Actually never mind. Now that I think about it, Black Convoy is the only logical answer to your question because BotCon Optimus Primal is a car, but not an American car (he's Cybertronian), and reissue Battle Convoy (G2 Laser Prime reissue) is an American truck (that was the answer that Blazemane was going for), but your question specifically said "car" and not "automobile". :)
GoktimusPrime

Q: Name at least 3 features of Snarl's beast mode which make it incorrect as a Tasmanian Devil.
GoktimusPrime

Hey everyone, be aware that if nobody answers a question - any question - within 24 hours, then anybody can ask a new question. :)

Anyway, for the answer I would have accepted any 3 of the following:
+ Incorrect colours. Tasmanian Devils are black with white striping, not brown with gray striping.
+ Incorrect proportions. Body is too short.
+ Snarl is crouching - Tasmanian Devils don't crouch
+ Oversized bat-like ears
+ Face looks more canine than like a Tassie Devil.

Snarl looks more like a member of the Dasyurid species (like a dunnart), which are also marsupials, but certainly not a Tasmanian Devil.

Open Floor -- someone post a new question!
GoktimusPrime

Q: What does Airazor have in common with Street Fighter's Ken Masters?

ImageImage
Blazemane
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Unread post by Blazemane »

Same voice actor in the Japanese release of Beast Wars?
I understand... you are, after all, a predacon.

[img]http://www.bwint.net/memberfanclubterrorsaur.jpg[/img] [img]http://www.bwint.net/bannersbfanclub2.jpg[/img]
Alak
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Unread post by Alak »

^ better answer than anything I could think of. I just kept imagining Airazor spamming Hadouken fireballs.
GoktimusPrime

Blazemane is correct! :) Both were voiced by Iwanaga Tetsuya. "Airazor... SHORYUKEN!"

Score:
Alak: 6 point
Blazemane: 7 point
GoktimusPrime: 3 points
NaitoKage: 3 points
Wicked Woman: 3 points
Blazemane
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Name at least six episodes from the first season where Optimus Primal gets blasted into a free fall.

[img]http://www.bwint.net/memberfanclubterrorsaur.jpg[/img] [img]http://www.bwint.net/bannersbfanclub2.jpg[/img]
Alak
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Unread post by Alak »

1) Beast Wars (Part 1)
2) Power Surge
3) Fallen Comrades
4) Double Jeopardy
5) Victory
6) The Trigger (Part 2)

I'm just interpreting "blasted into free fall" as getting shot down while aerial-bound.
Blazemane
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Very nice.

I used that terminology because in "Victory" he's not actually flying when he gets shot (except now that I think about, he does also get shot while flying in that episode. Wow), and in other episodes ("Trigger" and "Call of the Wild"), he doesn't go all the way to the ground.

Score:
Alak: 7 point
Blazemane: 7 point
GoktimusPrime: 3 points
NaitoKage: 3 points
Wicked Woman: 3 points

Alak
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Unread post by Alak »

Hoo-rah! I guessed on half of those! Sometimes I feel that he gets shot down in every episode, so it's hard trying to recall if he was flying or not lol.

Question: We all know that toy bios aren't always coinciding with the cartoon's depiction. What's the difference between the first toy Waspinator and the show's Waspinator?
WorpeX
Ultra Poster!
Ultra Poster!

Unread post by WorpeX »

Alak wrote:Hoo-rah! I guessed on half of those! Sometimes I feel that he gets shot down in every episode, so it's hard trying to recall if he was flying or not lol.

Question: We all know that toy bios aren't always coinciding with the cartoon's depiction. What's the difference between the first toy Waspinator and the show's Waspinator?
In his first bio it mentions poisonous wing missiles which he never used in the cartoon.