Beast Wars PC Video Game Project

Where we talk about nothing other than that. :)

Moderators: Nurann, Starath, Sinead, Optimal Optimus Primal, Razor One

mcshooterz

Unread post by mcshooterz »

The Jungle Valley map is not finished and has bot spawning issues, but Deck should work just fine.

Controls
Key------------------Robot Mode-------------------------Beast Mode
W-----------------------Forward-----------------------------Forward
S------------------------Backward---------------------------Backward
A------------------------Strafe Left-------------------------Turn Left
D------------------------Strafe Right-----------------------Turn Right
Space-------------------Jump-------------------------------Jump
Left Control-----------Crouch------------------------------NA
Left Shift--------------Sprint-------------------------------Sprint
F------------------------Fly----------------------------------Fly
Q------------------------Transform-------------------------Transform
E------------------------Interact----------------------------Interact
Right Mouse-----------Melee-------------------------------Melee
Left Mouse-------------Shoot-------------------------------Melee
Mouse Wheel----------Zoom--------------------------------NA
Mouse Middle----------Reset Zoom------------------------NA

Cheats
To enter cheats press the ~ key while playing.
PlayAS BWPawn_Polar_Claw-------------------Repawn as Polar Claw
PlayAS BWPawn_Tigatron---------------------Repawn as Tigatron
PlayAS BWPawn_Scorponok-------------------Repawn as Scorponok
PlayAS BWPawn_RazorClaw-------------------Repawn as RazorClaw
Change Team-----------------------------------Switch to other team
Alak
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Unread post by Alak »

I tried to load Deck again under the BW gametype and the game crashed. I'm not sure if it's an isolated incident pertaining only to me, but hopefully we'll get more feedback from others who download the game.

***EDIT***

I entered the cheat codes and I'm impressed with all the character models you've included thus far. One can tell that you did a fine job bringing the toys to life.
WorpeX
Ultra Poster!
Ultra Poster!

Unread post by WorpeX »

Downloading now! Man, im so pumped to try this! Those screenshots look KILLER! I am very impressed with how much you have gotten done in such a short time (especially by yourself!)
Alak
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Unread post by Alak »

Glad to hear that another member is trying this out! See if the Deck map works for you, and take screenshots if it does. I didn't take pics with the other models so definitely aim for those, as well! Just hit the "Prnt Scrn" button and paste it into Paint or Photoshop.
WorpeX
Ultra Poster!
Ultra Poster!

Unread post by WorpeX »

Oh come on Alak, you've seen all my character images that I spam the RP with. Of course I know how to Screenshot. xD Anyway, Deck worked great for me. I am very impressed with this game! The transforming animations are all very smooth (well, except for razorclaws, he doesn't seem to have one yet. XD). I like how you designed the characters off of the toys rather than the show or pictures. The models look fantastic! You've included quite a lot of animations in this too, even saw swimming animations for all characters and beast modes. Of course it still needs lots of work, but for what it is, I love it!

For me, the frame rates were great and I hadn't had any issues with screen tearing. I'm also very glad you chose to include Razorclaw. He is awesome. :D

Some screenies:

Great job with this build! Can't wait to see what you cook up for the next one!
Last edited by WorpeX on Tue Jun 14, 2011 1:35 am, edited 2 times in total.
Alak
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Unread post by Alak »

Looks wonderful! What hardware are you running this on? I just can't seem to get Deck to work for me, but I'm glad that's only me and not a flaw of the game itself.
WorpeX
Ultra Poster!
Ultra Poster!

Unread post by WorpeX »

Windows 7 x64. AMD Phenom II, 4 cores and 4 gb of ram. Video card is a Radeon 5770.

I also got the message about lighting and paths needing to be rebuilt for that one map though. Didn't get that for Deck.
Alak
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Unread post by Alak »

Holy cow... you are certainly more than a few levels higher than me. I really have to upgrade... good thing my birthday's in a month so I can splurge without feeling guilty! :D Back to the game, though, I think I told mcshooterz that I'd help him with some graphic design stuff for his website. I should probably follow up on that promise...
una
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
RPG Characters: Whitegrazer, TyCross, and Blackarachnia

Unread post by una »

I have tried to play this but my Norton found something bad in it and removed it. :(
Alak
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Unread post by Alak »

I think it's a false alert. I'm using Avast! and I received a warning, but if you look at the message and its contents you'll realize that your anti-virus just doesn't recognize some parts of the software. I'm pretty confident it's safe.

***EDIT***

I couldn't figure out how to create a new topic on the game's website, so I'll post this here:

http://img263.imageshack.us/img263/8256 ... banner.png

That's the first banner I made last night. I'm going to see if I can toy around with other layouts with other characters.
mcshooterz

UDK comes with a lot of smaller applications that are integrated, and work with UDK, and it is a good chance it's one of those that Norton didn't recognize. I doubt Epic Games, the creators of UDK, would put any sort of malware in there product.

The reason I believe a nvidia geforce 7000 family card would not be able to play the level deck, but still load up the Jungle Valley test map, is because of post processing in the level Deck. Post processing is part of shader model 3.0, which isn't supported in the 7000 family, but it is in the 8000 or newer.

@Alak:
I like the look of the banner; when you first open most games you get a little "splash" image in the middle of the screen, and as of right now the splash image is the default one for UDK, but maybe I can send you that image, and you could fit a banner to it's demensions, so the banner would also be the splash screen.
Alak
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Unread post by Alak »

mcshooterz wrote: @Alak:
I like the look of the banner; when you first open most games you get a little "splash" image in the middle of the screen, and as of right now the splash image is the default one for UDK, but maybe I can send you that image, and you could fit a banner to it's demensions, so the banner would also be the splash screen.
Sounds good.
mcshooterz

Here is the default splash image that comes with UDK

Replacing it is a piece of cake; it's a 650x375 BMP file.

Due to the dozens of random bot/ spammers that seek out forums and reek havoc I require that I approve accounts before anyone can do anything on the game forum, which when I find some spare time I will update a bit. You can PM me on here to let me know you registered on my forum or email at michael.shoots@live.com.
WorpeX
Ultra Poster!
Ultra Poster!

Unread post by WorpeX »

I made an account on the forums, username is 'WorpeX'. If you get the chance, activate me please. :D
mcshooterz

The current release was more of a test then anything, and it proved what it needed. The four characters were essentially the same thing except for their weapons. On the game forum I am working on planning the stats and abilities that the characters will have. I could definitely use some help with planning character stats, abilities, weapon concept/ideas, and what class they should be called.