Beast Wars: Fan Audio/Video

Where we talk about nothing other than that. :)

Moderators: Nurann, Starath, Sinead, Optimal Optimus Primal, Razor One

Darkshadow14
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Unread post by Darkshadow14 »

I'll start work on Rampage soon enough, as he's been a popular request.
:lol:

Yay! Can't wait! My eyes are glued to this thread! The stuff that you guys do it inspires me so much, since I hope to do something like this when I'm done with my digital design and animation schooling! This stuff is just incredible! 8)
Cypherplex

Unread post by Cypherplex »

Been a while for updates but here's one!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hswNRX48 ... e=youtu.be

It's pretty much an effects and animation test. Now I can sleep.
BiffyPrimal

Unread post by BiffyPrimal »

Nice work! :D Reminds me of when Rattrap and Rhinox had to defend the Maximal base in "Cutting Edge."
Cypherplex

Finally got a good Transmetal look with vRay! The best part is it's interractive with the other scene elements, and it takes the same time to render as the good old chromic reflection map.
So maybe we might bump it up a slight notch from Mainframe after all. Enjoy!

BiffyPrimal

Looks nice! :)

Would you be interested in sharing a little more of the technical details regarding the techniques/shading you've been using to achieve the metallic effect? I have a personal interest in computer graphics, but I haven't yet delved deep into investigating metallic shaders that would be similar to those used in Beast Wars.
Cypherplex

Most of what you had in Beast Wars was just the regular relfection mapping chanel with a chomic environment map on it. The problem with out project is that we are not using the render engines that were in effect back in the day, as they are slow compared to modern rendering engines. We chose vRay for it's easy network rendering setup and it's incredible speed. Unfortunately, vRay is a very realism oriented engine and those old school "tricks" don't work well with it. This mapping setup is a basic vRay material with a chrome effect we liked, using several tweaks and adjustments to give it a more accurate feel, yet still use the render engine's full potential.

Despite being more complex and memory intensive, this frame rendered faster than an old school render engine and reflection mapping would have by about half the time.
Sapphire
Site Admin

Unread post by Sapphire »

Wow, that looks amazing! As a Rattrap fan, I strongly approve of your last image post. :D This is so exciting!
[url=http://www.bwint.net/fanclubrattrap.htm][img]http://www.bwint.net/memberrattrapclub1.jpg[/img][/url] || [img]http://www.bwint.net/fanclubrampagebanner1.jpg[/img]
Alak
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Unread post by Alak »

I dunno how long it took, but that reflection map really, really looks good on Dinobot! :D
Beastbot
Ultra Poster!
Ultra Poster!

Unread post by Beastbot »

It's a short clip and the CGI artist apparently isn't going to make an episode out of it or anything, but here's an EXTREMELY pretty trailer-y look at a re-done Depth Charge and Rampage with today's CGI tech (put it on HD if your computer can handle it, srsly):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... XH9wVLHV5M
Last updated April 25th
Current Transformers Total: 4,975
Wicked Woman
Ultra Poster!
Ultra Poster!

Unread post by Wicked Woman »

Beastbot wrote:It's a short clip and the CGI artist apparently isn't going to make an episode out of it or anything, but here's an EXTREMELY pretty trailer-y look at a re-done Depth Charge and Rampage with today's CGI tech (put it on HD if your computer can handle it, srsly):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... XH9wVLHV5M
I posted this in the cool links section. :lol great minds think alike, huh?

WW
Prime: "Any last words?"
Demolisher: "not the face, NOT THE FACE!"
BiffyPrimal

I kind of wish that Rampage's head was a little more...boxy (not sure if that is the right word)? Still, I do think that is amazing. 8)
Cypherplex

This is going to be the print I'll have Venus Terzo autograph at TFCon this year! Anyone attending the show, I'll have a few copies with me if you're interested. I'll get as many autographed and they will be handed out to Dark Glass crew.

Yes, we're still happening. We just took a few steps back to correct a lot of our models' rigs and their textures.

Cypherplex

And here's Rhinox, all ready to save the day!!
Alak
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Unread post by Alak »

This is looking really good!
Cypherplex

Many thanks! :)

Cheetor is next. If it goes as well as Rhinox, I'll be really happy :)