^.^ Remember, remember ...

Where you can post announcements and other cool things. Doesn't have to be BW-related.

Moderators: Nurann, Starath, Sinead, Optimal Optimus Primal, Razor One

Sinead

^.^ Remember, remember ...

Unread post by Sinead »

HAPPY GUY FAWKES DAY!

While I may not be British and while America might not celebrate this holiday, I sill have a tradition of mentioning it. So! Enjoy your fireworks, and enjoy the celebration and merry mask-wearing!

Remember, Remember the Fifth of November, the gunpowder treason and plot.
I know of no other reason why the gunpowder treason should ever be forgot.

(That, and I'm a huge V for Vendetta fan.)
Uncle Iroh: I know you're not supposed to cry over spilled tea, but *cries* it's just so sad!
Night-Hunter
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
Location: Looking for my sanity... *sigh* Still can't find it.

Unread post by Night-Hunter »

HAPPY GUY FAWKES DAY!

While I may not be British and while America might not celebrate this holiday, I sill have a tradition of mentioning it. So! Enjoy your fireworks, and enjoy the celebration and merry mask-wearing!

Remember, Remember the Fifth of November, the gunpowder treason and plot.
I know of no other reason why the gunpowder treason should ever be forgot.

(That, and I'm a huge V for Vendetta fan.)
Your not the only one, i love that movie!!
"The enemy of my enemy is my bro."
Aesir
Ultra Poster!
Ultra Poster!

Unread post by Aesir »

1. I hate Guy Fawkes Night
2. That isn't the complete poem
3. Do you know the true story behind Guy Fawkes Night?
[img]http://i418.photobucket.com/albums/pp265/Oracle_Aesir/Picture067-2.jpg[/img]

[url]http://oracleaesir.deviantart.com[/url]
Night-Hunter
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
Location: Looking for my sanity... *sigh* Still can't find it.

Unread post by Night-Hunter »

Do you know the true story behind Guy Fawkes Night?
*Sigh* yes i do. He tried blowing up a building but failed because of an anonymous letter was sent to the pigs. Other then that, i really dont' care, the movie about it V for Vendetta is awesome.
"The enemy of my enemy is my bro."
Sinead

Unread post by Sinead »

Aesir, I'm American with Irish and British roots. I don't mean to start a fight, but let me lay down a few things about myself, since you really haven't known me as long as the rest of the members here have.

1- I like any night where fire and explosions are used to commemorate an event.
2- That's all I could remember off of the top of my head, and I really didn't feel like quoting the entire poem.
3- Yes. I've researched the story. No, it's not pretty, but you know what? It's history. It's past, done, over.

In that I'm American, I know that the Revolutionary War that separated the American Colonies from England's reign wasn't a pretty time. I grew up with more information than most, since I was born and raised in the Boston area and we take great pride in being the heart of the birth of an independent nation. But you know what? We still sing about the war and the struggles. We still have holidays commemorating it. We celebrate nationalism. (And if any other Bostonians or Americans wish to dispute my points on the basis of their own opinions, remember that this is also MY opinion.)

I'm not saying that your opinion is anything other than valid in your sight, but I would like you to keep an eye as to how you articulate it. The way you presented it was that you were looking for a fight, or that you wished for me to take back a "Hey happy (whatever holiday it is)!" that I wished to people because this is an international site, and I don't remember many holidays outside of the American ones.

And one final point: I'm a geek about the movie V for Vendetta. As noted in my original post. This was supposed to be a light-hearted post.
Uncle Iroh: I know you're not supposed to cry over spilled tea, but *cries* it's just so sad!
JazZeke
Location: Arizona, where the grass is always greener... on the other side of the state line!

Unread post by JazZeke »

Sinead

Unread post by Sinead »

You know, I put this up as a light-hearted thing, as I have each year and as many of the authors here will testify to. I certainly didn't put it up as a political statement. I hate politics.

You have two choices:

1- Let the topic die
or
2- I delete/lock the topic
Alak
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Unread post by Alak »

lol that article made my day. I especially love the upside down cross segment.