Cyclops Likes Uncanny X-Force

Have you got some cool BW links to tell us about? How about your own website? Let us know here!

Moderators: Nurann, Starath, Sinead, Optimal Optimus Primal, Razor One

JazZeke
Location: Arizona, where the grass is always greener... on the other side of the state line!

Cyclops Likes Uncanny X-Force

Unread post by JazZeke »

As some of you may or may not know I am also an X-men fan... to the point where I cosplay as Cyclops in a group called the Arizona Avengers. I spent yesterday in costume at my local comic store to promote the release of Uncanny X-Force #1, which is a pretty good book (no I didn't get any kickback on the sales, my group's nonprofit :P).

Here's pictures! I don't know what I enjoyed more yesterday, the little kids, or some of the awesome double-takes I got.
Blazemane
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Unread post by Blazemane »

Nice.

So what's the story behind your costume? Did somebody design it for you from scratch (did you design it from scratch)? Or is this a combination of bits and pieces of previously existing articles of clothing? Or some combination of the two?
I understand... you are, after all, a predacon.

[img]http://www.bwint.net/memberfanclubterrorsaur.jpg[/img] [img]http://www.bwint.net/bannersbfanclub2.jpg[/img]
JazZeke
Location: Arizona, where the grass is always greener... on the other side of the state line!

Unread post by JazZeke »

Thanks. The main piece is actually a unitard I bought on a dance supply site and then sewed the yellow lines onto it. The buckle I got from an online store, and the visor is a pair of red-tinted work glasses that I molded modeling clay over. (A friend of mine in the 501st Stormtrooper legion is actually making a plastic mold for my 2.0 visor because the one I have has about had it.)
mouse

Unread post by mouse »

Nice! Gotta admire you for being brave enough to go cosplaying (I'm not cool enough). It's really well done costume, by the way. Looks like you guys had a lot of fun.
Alak
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Unread post by Alak »

JazZeke wrote:Thanks. The main piece is actually a unitard I bought on a dance supply site and then sewed the yellow lines onto it. The buckle I got from an online store, and the visor is a pair of red-tinted work glasses that I molded modeling clay over. (A friend of mine in the 501st Stormtrooper legion is actually making a plastic mold for my 2.0 visor because the one I have has about had it.)
You should still keep your current one. When people ask about it, just shrug and smile.

"The poor thing could only take so much optical concussive energy. Gotta upgrade every once and a while."
JazZeke

Unread post by JazZeke »

Heh. Problem is, it was always meant to be just a prototype... I just never got around to making a better one. I accidentally scratched the lens up while I was sanding the clay so it's rather hard to see through it. Plus, the clay is drying up and starting to crack in places... I'll probably get one or two more uses out of it, tops. It's time for a new and better one.