Have You Ever...

Where we talk about nothing other than that. :)

Moderators: Nurann, Starath, Sinead, Optimal Optimus Primal, Razor One

Razorclaw
Ultra Poster!
Ultra Poster!

Have You Ever...

Unread post by Razorclaw »

...Compared yourself physically and personality-wise to the characters of Beast Wars? Sort of like a personality quiz,but more accurate. For example,I have a friend who reminds me a lot of Airrazor in appearence,but her personality is quite similar to Megatron's(At least she doesn't wear much purple :P). Likewise,I have another friend who reminds me of Megatron with a twist of Cheetor's energy,but his physical appearence is more like Rhinox. He compares me to Dinobot so often that he jokingly calls me by various Vermin-oriented nicknames on occasion. :lol: He also says I have a bit of Tarantulas in me though.

I'm just currious. On a different site I like to stalk,the members all have a favorite musical(The site is dedicated to that paticular musical). Every year,based on personality and what they do on the forum,each active member is 'cast' as a different character in the musical,and they get to be the forum's official *Insert name of character here*. I thought it was an intriguing idea. Oppinions? =3
Last edited by Razorclaw on Fri Jan 20, 2012 10:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Death becomes you.
SkyxDB
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Unread post by SkyxDB »

Well I don't think about it that much, but sometimes I do find the relationship between my sister and me almost similar to that of Dinobot and Rattrap in way we fight. Especially since when I younger I used to chase her around the house threatening to kill her for whatever she did tick me off. ^^;
I demand cookies!
Blazemane
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Unread post by Blazemane »

I think about it sometimes. I don't think my personality really matches up with any of 'em though.

I can be ponderous like Rhinox, but I don't work nearly as efficiently. I can be conniving like Tarantulas, but I'm not that malicious. I can be a show-boat like Cheetor, but I'm not as rash (referring back to the Rhinox thing... sometimes I just don't think fast enough to act rashly). I can be reclusive like Tigatron- to a degree- but I grew up in a big family, so I at least need to know people are around.

Though, this does all give me an idea. Hmm...
I understand... you are, after all, a predacon.

[img]http://www.bwint.net/memberfanclubterrorsaur.jpg[/img] [img]http://www.bwint.net/bannersbfanclub2.jpg[/img]
Nurann
Site Admin

Unread post by Nurann »

I tend to compare others more than I do myself. For example, my boyfriend is military and is a history buff; my first thought upon learning these things was "omg squee just like Primal!!!" I'm sure he wonders why I break out into random giggle fits for no apparent reason :oops:

I also used to compare our (now deceased) dogs to Dinobot and Rattrap...
~Nurannoniel Amruniel ~ Blessed Be~
mouse

Unread post by mouse »

In reality both Predacons and Maximals would all be nutjobs. Imagine someone as much a brown-noser as Scorponok, or as much a self-righteous hippy as Tigatron, or as tightly-wound and humourless as Dinobot and Silverbolt, or as much a jerk as any of the Predacons.

Having said all that, I can see certain characteristics of these characters that exist in some people in real life, though on a much watered-down scale. I'm a bit of a greenie, so I suppose I share that quality with Tigatron. But just without the "live in harmony" semantics he's always spouting. When I was a kid I did sprinting, so perhaps back then I was a bit like Cheetor. Oh, and I can actually fly, so that makes me like Airrazor. Plus, I'm always scurrying through sewers....
eves_apple

Unread post by eves_apple »

Does anyone here read Fandom!Secrets on LJ? Someone just said they found the Rattrap to the Dinobot (or vice versa) and the problem was they shipped those two. Biggest problem was it was their sister. Now, I have utterly no issue with consensual incest because everyone is yanno, CONSENTING adults, but I feel so sad for this anon..
Nurann
Site Admin

Unread post by Nurann »

Perhaps I'm misunderstanding you Eves_apple, but did you maybe mean to post that in the discussion currently going on in the Console by any chance? I was just wondering since your post isn't so much about comparing oneself/others to BW characters as it is about slash pairings. If you did post is in this subforum by mistake, I'd be happy to move it for you. If it's where it's meant to be, I'll mosey on off now >.>
eves_apple

Unread post by eves_apple »

No...if you read my post it's about finding someone who matched their 'Dinobot' personality with a 'Rattrap' personality, therefore, they see themselves like Dinobot, and while they shipped/slashed the pairing, it bothered them that they found someone who was similar to Rattrap in their sister.

Does that clear things up?
Nurann
Site Admin

Unread post by Nurann »

Ah, yes, thank you.
Darkshadow14
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Unread post by Darkshadow14 »

I think I'm a bunch of characters, well have some of the same traits.

Biggest one is my loyalty: Inferno
Humor wise: Rattrap
overly hyper, I seem to act like Cheetor.

Etc, etc. Can't think right now. But I will think of more
Night-Hunter
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
Location: Looking for my sanity... *sigh* Still can't find it.

Unread post by Night-Hunter »

Biggest one is my loyalty: Inferno
Same here but its not blind loyalty like Inferno's.
Humor wise: Rattrap
I have my moments.

I'm also kind of like Rampage, werid and kinda creepy (at times) but not the whole psycho killer part. Thank Primus.
"The enemy of my enemy is my bro."
Sinead

Unread post by Sinead »

I've thought of this a LOT, actually, and the funniest part is that I've been compared to no few of the BW characters back in high school with other friends that I had hooked into the fandom. >.> There actually was a time where my nickname was "Choppuhface," and there are moments where a friend of mine, nicknamed Tiga for various reasons, will still call me by that, especially if we're having play-arguments. Reasoning being that I have a nasty temper, but my fuse is nowhere near as short as it had been back then.

But as the years have gone on, I've really started to step back and re-evaluate my personality and I see that I'm a strange mix of several personalities of the characters. I love nature, have leadership skills, possess an iron will, have a temper, have had my accent and mannerisms mistaken for a Brooklyn/NYC native by Texans (set them straight, though), hold counselor personality traits, and so many others, so I find that I'm a combination of several characters. But at the same time, I do still hold to the belief that Dinobot and I share more traits than most of the other characters.
Uncle Iroh: I know you're not supposed to cry over spilled tea, but *cries* it's just so sad!
7Knight-Wolf

Unread post by 7Knight-Wolf »

I am very much like Silverbolt in all ways except physical appearance. I compare my relationship with my large family to silverbolt's relationship with the Maximals... he's very useful to them, and normally he's loyal, but he's so different from the rest of them and is always slightly on the outside. Especially after he fell in love with BA... My family loves me and I work hard for them, but I branch out and do my thing, being open-minded, and that annoys them a lot. You know the scene in Agenda part 2 where Silverbolt and Optimus talk about how he disobeyed? Yep, that's totally me and my mother. Optimus is very much like mom, lol
Emotions are the colors of the soul. They are like Crayola crayons: you want the 64 set box with the pencil sharpener, not the dollar-store 4 set box.
~inspired by Teresa Mcbean