I'm gonna try this again

Where you can post announcements and other cool things. Doesn't have to be BW-related.

Moderators: Nurann, Starath, Sinead, Optimal Optimus Primal, Razor One

Night-Hunter
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
Location: Looking for my sanity... *sigh* Still can't find it.

I'm gonna try this again

Unread post by Night-Hunter »

This time i'm gonna do my research before i make the same mistake, but before i do that, i'm changing the title of my book. Instead of Battle of Kiarows A new age Its going to be The Kiarows Chronicles A new age. It sounds better.
"The enemy of my enemy is my bro."
JazZeke
Location: Arizona, where the grass is always greener... on the other side of the state line!

Unread post by JazZeke »

"Chronicles" is overdone in titles. "Battle at" it more likely to pique peoples' interest.
Night-Hunter
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Thanks, I'll think about it.
Alak
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Unread post by Alak »

Yeah, especially with the "Chronicles of Narnia" being released in theatrical format, I'm pretty sure some people would accuse you of trying to rip off Lewis' title. Plus, if you use Google just type in "Chronicles" and you'll see a huge list of books that used the word in their title.
Night-Hunter
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Another good point. I'm just gonna go back to War of the Wolves, its orginal title.
mouse

Unread post by mouse »

I don't mind that last one.

Who's publishing it? And when will it be out?
Night-Hunter
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Don't bother trying to look for it. I called Barns and noble and they said that they didn't have shelved when according to thier website it came out March 2010. *rolls eyes*
Aesir
Ultra Poster!
Ultra Poster!

Unread post by Aesir »

Night-Hunter wrote:Don't bother trying to look for it. I called Barns and noble and they said that they didn't have shelved when according to thier website it came out March 2010. *rolls eyes*
well it's on the profile at Amazon UK, but no one is selling it http://www.amazon.co.uk/Battle-Kiarows- ... 968&sr=8-1, otherwise I'd have grabbed a copy
[img]http://i418.photobucket.com/albums/pp265/Oracle_Aesir/Picture067-2.jpg[/img]

[url]http://oracleaesir.deviantart.com[/url]
JazZeke
Location: Arizona, where the grass is always greener... on the other side of the state line!

Unread post by JazZeke »

Online stores are quite different from physical branches of a franchise. The online stores have a luxury that the branches don't: more space to carry more stock, as well as the ability to special order single copies from a publisher. That allows them to stock things that physical branches otherwise wouldn't touch.

And the reason why your local store doesn't have it, well, I explained that to you in another thread.
Night-Hunter
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Online stores are quite different from physical branches of a franchise. The online stores have a luxury that the branches don't: more space to carry more stock, as well as the ability to special order single copies from a publisher. That allows them to stock things that physical branches otherwise wouldn't touch.

And the reason why your local store doesn't have it, well, I explained that to you in another thread.
It still doesn't matter, its not there.
mouse

Unread post by mouse »

Hey, I'm jealous. I've wanted to be an author since I was 9 and I've got nothing published. I submitted my story to a manuscript assessment service approx. 2 years ago, and... weeell... I've a long way to go.

Hopefully someone'll get your book in stock soon! :D That's a better start than most aspiring authors... probably due to the fact they're, well, aspiring. :roll: (I've been reading Spike Milligan's version of "The Hound of the Baskervilles", so I'm in a silly mood.)
Night-Hunter
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Hey, I'm jealous. I've wanted to be an author since I was 9 and I've got nothing published. I submitted my story to a manuscript assessment service approx. 2 years ago, and... weeell... I've a long way to go.

Hopefully someone'll get your book in stock soon! That's a better start than most aspiring authors... probably due to the fact they're, well, aspiring
Yeah, but i don't feel like i've accomblished any thing.
Aesir
Ultra Poster!
Ultra Poster!

Unread post by Aesir »

Night-Hunter wrote:

Hopefully someone'll get your book in stock soon! That's a better start than most aspiring authors... probably due to the fact they're, well, aspiring
Yeah, but i don't feel like i've accomblished any thing.
cant you get a local niche book shop to order it in a limited amount, and then contact a local paper to review it maybe?
[img]http://i418.photobucket.com/albums/pp265/Oracle_Aesir/Picture067-2.jpg[/img]

[url]http://oracleaesir.deviantart.com[/url]