New York Comic Con

Where you can post announcements and other cool things. Doesn't have to be BW-related.

Moderators: Nurann, Starath, Sinead, Optimal Optimus Primal, Razor One

Dannn Sanew

New York Comic Con

Unread post by Dannn Sanew »

It's this weekend and I got my weekend pass! Can't wait to go!
Dannn Sanew

Unread post by Dannn Sanew »

Was going to wait for the pictures I took, but I'll take forever getting it done. Pretty much paid $50 for a weekend pass and it was for Comic Con and the Anime Festival. It took place at the Jacob Javits Center and I made the mistake of walking there from my house, feet felt like slag by the end of the day. My friend was already inside so I got on line, only to realize I was on the wrong line. The line was massive and you had to go down and through this big room before you went up, unless you were VIP or show up later in the day. If you did wait on line you got a bag of goodies inculding a power ranger dvd, comics, magic the gathering starter deck and toothpaste(random). Once inside I went over to the marvel and dc area and got more free comics and pins. Finally some my friend and we went shopping. Ended up buying a Browncoats cd since they did a cover of "The Hero off Canton". Also got a browncoat pin and this watch chain. My friend brought a sword and held it like a newborn child. Alot of ppl dress up saw Steampunk Ironman, a working R2-D2 and Optimus Prime walking in the middle of the street(best thing ever). They were also giving out Naruto booster packs and we grab a 5 hour energy drink. Brought some pocky before the end night was done before I went home.

Next day line again and more free comics. Also got free japanese candy. It was very crowded that day and got bump into alot. Brought my camera, but it was hard to take pictures. Alot of people had "free hugs" signs even cobra commander. Brought some old g.i. joe comics. Spilt up from my friend to get my X-Factor comic sign by Peter David. Peter wasn't at the booth where he was suppose to sign, they got the time mix up. Have to find him in Artist Alley and as someone put it there was no order to where they sat, but I found someone who knew where he was. He signed and we chatted a bit before I caught up with my friend and we went to the Anime Fest area. Ended up buying her a cat bell. Sunday we were celebrating my grandma birthday so I didn't stay too long. Got Dan Abnett & Andy Lanning to sign my Guardians of the Galaxy and War of Kings comics. Played a demo of Wakfu and won a shirt and keychain. I didn't know about the events till the third day so I didn't get to go to any of those.Had a pretty good time and maybe next year I go dress up.