Transformers:Prime (Spoilers Within)

Where we talk about nothing other than that. :)

Moderators: Nurann, Starath, Sinead, Optimal Optimus Primal, Razor One

Wonko The Sane
Ultra Poster!
Ultra Poster!

Transformers:Prime (Spoilers Within)

Unread post by Wonko The Sane »

Though The Hub and Transformers:Prime will only be a few months away,young Reviewer,Wonko The Sane decides to put up a Thread early,due to TFW's announcements on the official cast:

Production Credits

* Developed for Television By: Alex Kurtzman, Roberto Orci, Duane Capizzi, Jeff Kline
* Executive Producers: Alex Kurtzman, Roberto Orci, Jeff Kline
* Supervising Producer: Duane Capizzi
* Supervising Animation Producer: Therese Trujillo
* Producers: Steven Puri, Mandy Safavi
* Staff Writers: Nicole Dubuc, Marsha Griffin, Joseph Kuhr, Steven Melching, Supervising Director, Dave Hartman
* Music By: Brian Tyler
* Main Title Theme By: Brian Tyler

Main Characters

Autobots

* Optimus Prime - Peter Cullen
* Arcee - Sumalee Montano
* Bulkhead - Kevin Michael Richardson
* Ratchet - Jeffrey Combs

Decepticons

* Megatron - Frank Welker
* Breakdown - Adam Baldwin
* Knockout - Daran Norris
* Starscream - Steve Blum

Humans

* Jack - Josh Keaton
* Miko - Tania Gunadi
* Raf - Andy Pessoa
* June - Markie Post
* Agent Fowler - Ernie Hudson

Show Info

* Episode Length: 30 minutes
* Episodes: 26
* Genre: Kids
* Format: Animation
* Day Part: Kids Prime
* Key Fact: Hub U.S. Premiere
* Expires: TBD
Last edited by Wonko The Sane on Wed Sep 08, 2010 7:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[img]http://tfwiki.net/w2/images2/8/85/ShockwaveDesertionOfTheDinobots1.jpg[/img]

By Primus,You Are Awesome!
Night-Hunter
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
Location: Looking for my sanity... *sigh* Still can't find it.

Unread post by Night-Hunter »

I love spoilers they are like idk but they are awesome!!
"The enemy of my enemy is my bro."
Optimal Optimus Primal
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
RPG Characters: Optimus Primal, Rattrap, Rhinox, Megatron, Inferno

Unread post by Optimal Optimus Primal »

Very cool. Thank you, Wonko!
* Optimus Prime - Peter Cullen
That should be neat to hear Peter again in a series.
* Bulkhead - Kevin Michael Richardson
That name sounds familiar... Will have to look some of these up on IMDb.
* Megatron - Frank Welker
Same thing I said about Peter goes for Frank. Cool beans.
* Brakdown - Adam Baldwin
That's interesting.
* Agent Flower - Ernie Hudson
THAT is pretty awesome. :lol: Ernie goes from Ghostbuster to Agent. :wink:

Sounds like a decent series so far.
"Well, that's just prime!"
Wonko The Sane
Ultra Poster!
Ultra Poster!

Pretty much...I'm still amazed that David Kaye once said about a 'new slate' in voice acting,and by Primus he wasn't kidding.

Well...with the storyline still in the dark,I can't wait to see how Prime will unfold.
[img]http://tfwiki.net/w2/images2/8/85/ShockwaveDesertionOfTheDinobots1.jpg[/img]

Wonko The Sane
Ultra Poster!
Ultra Poster!

Woah,looks like I missed someone...Cliffjumper...voiced by....Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson.....woah.

SilverfromOZ
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Unread post by SilverfromOZ »

Just wanted to know if anyone is getting excited about the new series. Personally, I didn't get into the TF Animated series all that much. I really appreciated the G1 homages and the look and everything (AND admittedly I still haven't seen the third season which is apparently THE season to see ) but I just watched the first and second seasons and there was one phrase which kept haunting me... "its still not Beast Wars." Obviously its a different series, but I didn't feel there was as much of an epic arc and character development within the first two seasons (so I'll reserve a further ramble until I see season 3 (which may be a while considering the lack of DVD realease)) Anyhoooo! I've just spied the acting lineup for TF Prime and I'm pretty buzzy as a result. I'm happy enough with Cullen and Welker reprising their roles as Prime and Megs, but those two were pretty much a given. Then REAL exciting parts I've noticed are:

Jeffrey Combs as Ratchet (whom I absolutely love as he seems to have been in every Lovecraftian based horror movie I have ever seen and he seems to have the right level of eccentricity to bring into a kids cartoon )

Also, #drum roll# Mr Adam Baldwin as a character called Brakedown. Yup, thats right Jayne Cobb is coming to Transformer Town. "The hero of Cybertron a bot they call Braaakedooown"

I'll be curious to see how the rest perform but these two are really my draw cards. We've also got Robert and Alex producing this thing and whether you're a fan of Bayformers or not, no one can deny their truly awesome impact on the Star Trek franchise. Add in the fact that this is a return to CG transformers and we may really have something. So will we end up with a prettier looking "energon" series or will we in fact be blown away with something which gives Beast Wars a run for their money? I'm hoping the latter :D
It's ok sir. I'll be fine...

Just listen to your commander, bonebrain!

Yes dear...
Sinead

Unread post by Sinead »

Okay, first off, I'm SUPER excited about the original VAs for Optimus and Megs voicing their characters again. That really will be a draw for everyone to come and watch this show! After that, I'm shocked at the lineup of Adam Baldwin and Duane Johnson. I mean ... wow. I'm wondering if this is going to be anything like previous characters, but I'm really glad that Cliffjumper will be having a voice that really can get snarly and "What the slag?! Leave me alone unless you want me to ... did you just call me SHORT?!" on people. It's going to be interesting to see just how those two adapt to voice acting.

Silver, I think we have to reconstruct Jayne's song to fit Brakedown. And sing it. And post it on YouTube. Well, maybe not that last part...
Uncle Iroh: I know you're not supposed to cry over spilled tea, but *cries* it's just so sad!
Night-Hunter
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
Location: Looking for my sanity... *sigh* Still can't find it.

Unread post by Night-Hunter »

I'm really freaking excited to see it. I just have to know when it starts and what channel its on. Hell i'll get up and three in the morning just to watch it!!
"The enemy of my enemy is my bro."
JazZeke
Location: Arizona, where the grass is always greener... on the other side of the state line!

Unread post by JazZeke »

As awesome as the voice credits look, I find it hard to get enthusiastic about anything else. I'm not going to scream "MUNKY NOT TRUKK" but so far this new continuity sounds like just a rehash of concepts from all previous universes without bringing anything new to the table. Animated was a fresh take on the mythos that wasn't afraid to rearrange some things (like the significance of the "Prime" surname).

Orci and Kurtzmans' names being attatched to this has me most worried. I don't watch Fringe because it bores me. Star Trek and the Transformers movies were senseless fun, but they really don't stand up to Fridge Logic, and leave you with more than a few wallbangers after that "wait a minute..." moment. They're incredibly mediocre writers, but just lucky in getting work.
Optimal Optimus Primal
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
RPG Characters: Optimus Primal, Rattrap, Rhinox, Megatron, Inferno

Unread post by Optimal Optimus Primal »

I'm not going to scream "MUNKY NOT TRUKK" but so far this new continuity sounds like just a rehash of concepts from all previous universes without bringing anything new to the table. Animated was a fresh take on the mythos that wasn't afraid to rearrange some things (like the significance of the "Prime" surname).
I agree with you, JZ. That's what got me so tired of the Unicron Trilogy. It was the same story over and over.
Orci and Kurtzmans' names being attatched to this has me most worried.
Ditto.

And now that I've thought about it, I'm not too crazy about the voice cast anymore. Adam Baldwin and Dwayne Johnson? It's bad enough Hollywood stars "steal" all of the voices in the animated films, now they're "stealing" spots in regular cartoon series. How are the REAL voice over artists supposed to find work? :?
"Well, that's just prime!"
Alak
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Unread post by Alak »

Some live actors can perform pretty well like Steve Carell, Tim Allen, Tom Hanks, Jason Seagel, etc. and I trust them more than your average VA. I can see Adam Baldwin doing a good job since I enjoyed his portrayal of Superman in the Superman/Doomsday movie (and he's reprising the role in the upcoming DC Universe Online game). Dwayne Johnson isn't a good actor in the first place, so I find it questionable that they're making him pick up a role where he has to rely solely on his voice work.
mouse

Unread post by mouse »

I'm definitely going to give it a go and will suspend judgment until I see it myself. I remember hearing that when Beast Wars came out people were having a cry about it (the whole "TRUKK NOT MUNKY" thing OOP mentioned above), and look how that turned out! :D Who knows, it may turn out to be even better than Beast Wars. So I say, give it a go!
Razorclaw
Ultra Poster!
Ultra Poster!

Unread post by Razorclaw »

SilverfromOZ wrote:Personally, I didn't get into the TF Animated series all that much. I really appreciated the G1 homages and the look and everything (AND admittedly I still haven't seen the third season which is apparently THE season to see ) but I just watched the first and second seasons and there was one phrase which kept haunting me... "its still not Beast Wars." Obviously its a different series, but I didn't feel there was as much of an epic arc and character development within the first two seasons (so I'll reserve a further ramble until I see season 3 (which may be a while considering the lack of DVD realease))
I think part of the reason Animated got such a stunning reaction is the fact that it's the first Transformers series since Beast Wars with *Drumroll* ACTUAL PLOT!!!!!! :shock: Personally,I enjoyed it a good deal(I thought I was going to have a spark-attack when I saw Black Arachnia for the first time. The bliss!),but when you look at it from an overall perspective,anything seems entertaining and intellectual compared to the US dub of Unicron Trillogy(And I have a feeling the same goes for the other translations too). Even Kiss Players.

...Even Lady Gaga. :lol:

*Ahem* Moving on,I have great hopes for Prime. I've only seen the basic preview,but I very much like the look of it(Though I'm rather disappointed that they turned down David Kaye and David Soblov. And Dwane Johnson? :shock: What the hay? Is it just me or does he seem to be mucking up all the latest releases with his crudiness?). The animation is a wonderful blend of movie and TFA; I really like the result. After reading the preview of the comic,I'm getting a kick out of Cliffjumper(Who happens to be one of my favorite 'Gee-One' Autobots)already. Thank goodness they haven't screwed him up(Yet...Only time will tell. :roll: If it happens,it will probably be the fault of the almighty 'Rock'. <_<).

And I'm really pleased to see Peter Cullen and Frank Welker,although that was a given since lots of people have been asking about them after the movie releases. :D Ah,it's great to see new fans and fangirls!

Bottom line: It isn't Beast Wars. It never will be Beast Wars,not can it ever hope to be. We will never see another Transformers series quite like Beast Wars,and we shouldn't expect to. But from what I've seen,despite its uncertainties,this series shows a lot of promise. I'll be very interested in seeing how it turns out. :3
Death becomes you.
Wonko The Sane
Ultra Poster!
Ultra Poster!

So now we have to wait for December for Transformers: Prime.

Erm *Pouts and waits*

So,anyone have theories on the Series would be like?Expectations,perhaps?

Aesir
Ultra Poster!
Ultra Poster!

Unread post by Aesir »

Wonko The Sane wrote:So now we have to wait for December for Transformers: Prime.

Erm *Pouts and waits*

So,anyone have theories on the Series would be like?Expectations,perhaps?
I'm getting that Prime graphic novel soon, so I could help you with info from that, like characterizations etc
[img]http://i418.photobucket.com/albums/pp265/Oracle_Aesir/Picture067-2.jpg[/img]

[url]http://oracleaesir.deviantart.com[/url]