Dinobot and Femmes

Where we talk about nothing other than that. :)

Moderators: Nurann, Starath, Sinead, Optimal Optimus Primal, Razor One

Robotessa

Dinobot and Femmes

Unread post by Robotessa »

Blame an old thread for inspiring this discussion. Everyone in the Beast Wars fandom has possibly created a femme for Dinobot. The best femme OC I've heard was Taratron's Sabretalon, at least, according to a very good friend of mine said (and I believe her. I read Taratron's fics once, she's great). Heck, even I'm guilty of creating an OC paired up with Dinobot (and never again).

The question is, can anyone see Dinobot in love? It's really hard to imagine. Dinobot is a Predacon to the core. He has a lot more on his mind then dating femme bots. The only character I can think of who has femmes on his mind is Rattrap. If Dinobot were to get involved in a relationship, it'll probably be with another warrior. The relationship won't be noisy, loud or expressive. Dinobot is a very discipline character and in control of his emotions. So maybe a silent relationship could work.

Still, it's hard to imagine.
Night-Hunter
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
Location: Looking for my sanity... *sigh* Still can't find it.

Unread post by Night-Hunter »

I can kinda see him in love, only if said femme was his equal.
"The enemy of my enemy is my bro."
SkyxDB
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Unread post by SkyxDB »

I'll admit I've paired Dinobot with a femme too, but I've been thinking about making some changes and doing a total re haul on how their relationship works. I think Dinobot could fall in love, but even if he did I don't think he would pursue a relationship with said femme, because of being in a time and war, and not only, that he also seems to have quite a bit of internal conflict and most likely falling in love would probably add to that. Not to mention I think maybe in season 2 there was a part of him that knew he was going to die, so he probably wouldn't purse a romantic relationship with that in mind. But when you think about no matter what, the relationship would end in tragedy due to his death in Code of Hero.
I demand cookies!
eves_apple

Unread post by eves_apple »

I see a one sided relationship with DB. Someone perhaps pining for him, but it's totally not reciprocated. To me, Dinobot is someone who's never had the thought of romantic love cross his mind, not even for an 'equal'. It would get in his way imho
Alak
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Unread post by Alak »

Dinobot being in a relationship to me is a lot like Batman being in a relationship. It won't work because he's too focused on duty first, even if he does have feelings for another. Same analogy can be applied for a lot of other characters, too.
Sinead

Unread post by Sinead »

Dinobot in a relationship ... eeehhh, could work, but at the same time, so long as there's battle, I've the feeling that their relationship would be focussed primarily upon surviving. Any femme, I feel, that he would be interested in would have been with him pre-BW. He's a historian on the Wars, and knows more on that subject than the other Beast Warriors, as is demonstrated in that episode where Starscream makes his cameo. They would have had to know one another before his mindset of "survive the battle, win the war" kicked in.

*shrugs* Then again, this is my opinion, and I know that I've written so much romantic, gushey, gooey fluff that revolved around DB that doesn't fit my current views on the matter.
Uncle Iroh: I know you're not supposed to cry over spilled tea, but *cries* it's just so sad!
7Knight-Wolf

Unread post by 7Knight-Wolf »

I agree with the general opinion. When there's a war Dinobot would be very unlikely to participate in a relationship. If there was no war, he would be very stuffy and only b interested in somebody who was just as good as he is. But contrary to popular belief, Dinobot CAN reciprocate affection in some forms...after all, there was Optimus and the flowers...:D
Emotions are the colors of the soul. They are like Crayola crayons: you want the 64 set box with the pencil sharpener, not the dollar-store 4 set box.
~inspired by Teresa Mcbean
JazZeke
Location: Arizona, where the grass is always greener... on the other side of the state line!

Unread post by JazZeke »

Alak wrote:Dinobot being in a relationship to me is a lot like Batman being in a relationship. It won't work because he's too focused on duty first, even if he does have feelings for another. Same analogy can be applied for a lot of other characters, too.
I agree. And even outside of a war setting it's implied Dinobot dedicated his life to the warrior's path. It's not that he's incapable of love, it's just that he has better things to do.
Megatrons_girl

Unread post by Megatrons_girl »

Agree with Jezzeke on this one. Dinobot seems the sort that while he isn't incapable of love, the notion of it isn't something he enjoys because it would take him from his path. I doubt even someone as an equal warrior would cause him to bat an eye (so to speak) because it is NOT on his agenda. Period.