How'd You Find This Site?

Where you can post announcements and other cool things. Doesn't have to be BW-related.

Moderators: Nurann, Starath, Sinead, Optimal Optimus Primal, Razor One

Alak
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

How'd You Find This Site?

Unread post by Alak »

Blazemane brought up a pretty cool question in the Introductions forum, so I decided to ask all members this question. How did you find the BWInt forums? For me, I was rewatching all three seasons over the summer and I felt like joining a BW RPG. Google brought up several websites including Beast Wars International, and this was the most active of the three I visited. Thus, I joined and avoided the flying waffles and penguins and such. I'm glad I stayed :D
Blazemane
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Unread post by Blazemane »

Sometime... maybe near the end of the summer of 2006, Beast Wars- which I hadn't watched since the '90's, but had long regarded as my favorite show- came back into my head for one reason or another. And I decided it would be cool to see if there was a way to watch it again. So I started looking it up, and found there were indeed DVD releases.

So I managed to get the second season on Christmas Eve. I burned through all of those episodes really fast, and re-watched, and re-watched. But there's more than just the second season to account for. So I go looking online for some things again.

In my searching, probably for DVD prices, and reliable sellers, etc., I stumbled on a fan fiction called "Released". I read through a good deal of it, but then I let it go and kept looking for other things. But I got to thinking about that piece of fiction again, and I wondered where it had come from, and whether there was more of this stuff. So I found the specific story again, and noticed in the url at the top that it came from bwint.net.

Cue a lot more reading, an investigation into an action/adventure fan fiction competition, and I was interested in the site. And things just went from there.

*Looks at post*
I'm so concise.
I understand... you are, after all, a predacon.

[img]http://www.bwint.net/memberfanclubterrorsaur.jpg[/img] [img]http://www.bwint.net/bannersbfanclub2.jpg[/img]
Sinead

Unread post by Sinead »

Back when Beast Wars Seasons Two and Three were still airing through the first time, I was in middle school and would watch the new episodes on Saturday Morning Cartoon lineups. After a while, I wanted to learn more about the BW world, and started the 52 kb trek across the interwebs to find more about the show.

That's when I found the fanbase, and when I found fanfiction.

Beast Wars Comedy and Fanfiction was the original site and board forums that I had been a part of, as run by Divatron. And then as that site started to dwindle, this young lady by the name of Sapphire came along with her idea of a forum. It wasn't BWINT originally, and it's been so many years that I don't remember what the original title was, but I've been a part of this site since shortly after its conception.

And here I am ... *mufflemuffle* years later ... still playing and enjoying the fandom. Some loves don't fade, and this, I feel, is one of them.
Uncle Iroh: I know you're not supposed to cry over spilled tea, but *cries* it's just so sad!
SkyxDB
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Unread post by SkyxDB »

Hmm, if I remember correctly I believe I first found this site when I was looking up Beast Wars pics on the internet and I know that around that time I had just gotten back into Beast Wars. Though I didn't offically join until someone asked me if I was interested in join in one of my Youtube videos.
I demand cookies!
Night-Hunter
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
Location: Looking for my sanity... *sigh* Still can't find it.

Unread post by Night-Hunter »

I was doing an RPG some of you might know the sight. www.beyondthebeastwars.yuku.com but it had to be shut down seeing how very little was going on and Optimal Optimus Primal put up a link to this sight. Its still a mystery of how i found Beyond the beast wars, but i'm glad i did. ^_^
"The enemy of my enemy is my bro."
starshadow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Unread post by starshadow »

Eh...was googling BW then found the main site when I was 13, looked at the fan pics and started creating SS. A year later, I explored the site and found it.
Aesir
Ultra Poster!
Ultra Poster!

Unread post by Aesir »

Wonko the sane told me about it
[img]http://i418.photobucket.com/albums/pp265/Oracle_Aesir/Picture067-2.jpg[/img]

[url]http://oracleaesir.deviantart.com[/url]
NaitoKage
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Unread post by NaitoKage »

Ah Memory lane..

Lets see.. Last year two old friends of mine (Phoenix and Warwulf on the forum) mentioned the site they were interested in, which I assume they were probably told about by Optimal Optimus Primal. So I figured I'd check it out, since I happened to see some old faces (Optimal Optimus Primal and Venatrix) who I happened to run a BW rp with way back in the decade..
Darkshadow14
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Unread post by Darkshadow14 »

It was years ago, 6? When I found this site!

I googled beast wars, and beast wars fanfiction...I believe.
Optimal Optimus Primal
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
RPG Characters: Optimus Primal, Rattrap, Rhinox, Megatron, Inferno

Unread post by Optimal Optimus Primal »

I haven't the slightest idea. I'm thinkin' somebody told me about it but I can't, for the life of me, remember who it was... And I apologize to that person. Happy to be here, though! Can't believe it's been about 4½ years since I joined, and eight days after my birthday. Hm, peculiar. Where does the time go...?
"Well, that's just prime!"
Darth Knuckles

Unread post by Darth Knuckles »

I was a fan of this show and talked about it to a friend of mine in school because there seemed to be only a handful of us that liked the show (or at least talked about it). She always talked about making a site for Beast Wars fans around the globe and that I should join. At this time I didn't have a computer and even when I did, after a few years, get one I wasn't savvy with them yet. At that time I thought being on a forum would cost money to do. I was behind....by a lot. :| The person I talked to at school about Beast Wars was Hacker, which is her name on this site. I always felt bad that I never joined the site back when she wanted me to though. I joined this site last summer and have liked it ever since.
"Say goodbye to the universe, Maximals. The future has changed. Yeeeessss. The Autobots lose, evil triumphs, and you, you, no longer exist! " - Megatron (Beast Wars)
GoktimusPrime

Unread post by GoktimusPrime »

I met SilverfromOz and Sapphire at a collector's fair (I've since met them again at the same fair not long ago :)). They gave me a card with the site details on it... so yeah... here I am! :)
Image Transformers Collection Count: 1458 (UCM)
Phoenix
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
RPG Characters: Nemesis,Aurora,Zodiac

Unread post by Phoenix »

I believe I followed Warwulf here, after he decided to try to look up some of his old friends from an ancient forum he was a part of years ago. He somehow came across this place, where his old friend OOP was still at.
WorpeX
Ultra Poster!
Ultra Poster!

Unread post by WorpeX »

Google. xD I got into watching the shows again and I wanted to join a Beast Wars community. You guys are not easy to find, let me tell you! Took awhile till I finally found this place, but I did and I'm glad I have. :D
starshadow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Unread post by starshadow »

I googled for fanarts and found the main site and browsed it for months until I found the forum link and noticed an RPG section AND N-H's FANFICS! <3 I go BOO YEAH and joined da forum. This is the first and best forum I've ever joined.