So...what's up?

Whether you be new or a long-time member of the board, feel free to talk about yourselves and your interests in this forum!

Moderators: Nurann, Starath, Sinead, Optimal Optimus Primal, Razor One

Robotessa

So...what's up?

Unread post by Robotessa »

Well, I'm not new to the world of Transformers. I've been a fan of the franchise since I begin watching Michael Bay's version of Transformers. I did started watching the original G1 series back in 2006 on youtube, but couldn't finnish the rest due to the whole copyright infringement fiasco. I'm relieved that they finally released the entire series on DVD.

I was introduced to Beast Wars through a very good friend of mine. He's been an avid fan of the series for years. The minute I watched the first episode, I fell in love with it. "Code of Hero" has always made me bawl like a baby each time I watched it. It was one of Dinobot's best moments in the series...too bad it was also his last hurrah.

I admit to being a G1unner, but I'm not the sort of fan who goes around attacking other franchises of Transformers like most G1unners often do.

Besides being a Transformers geek, I like other things. Anime, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles...as a matter of fact, I'm just a huge fan of science-fiction/fantasy related genres in general.
SkyxDB
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Unread post by SkyxDB »

Hi there. :D Welcome to BWInt.

Yeah I didn't start watching G1 until after seeing the first Bayformesr movie, though for me I became hooked on Transformers when I was a kid with Beast Wars and yeah Code of Hero always makes me cry too.

So which Beast Warriors do you like the best?
I demand cookies!
Robotessa

It's been awhile since I've watched it....hmmm....well, I'm always partial towards Dinobot. He was one of the most complexed characters in the series. I also highly favored Blackarachnia and Rampage, on the Predacon side and Rattrap, from the Maximals. I adored Waspinator for a brief period of time. Still adore him, though.
Sinead

Unread post by Sinead »

Welcome to the Beast Wars International boards!

Customary disclaimer: Watch out for stealthy penguins and flying waffles. Or is it pancakes? We had both at one point ... and something to do with frying pans. o.O

Aside from that, just make sure to read the rules and jump right in! Dinobot fans are always appreciated, since there seem to be sooo many of us. *chuckles* Although, as a Dinobot fan, I'm somewhat of a passive one right now, what with other fandoms popping up. I'm a huge Sci-Fi/Fantasy fan, and always have been. Most of us on these boards also enjoy that genre, so you can find no shortage of conversation starters about what you've read recently or whatnot.

Sorry that I'm not quite coherent right now! Volunteering as an actress for a renaissance faire and really shouldn't be online right now ... should be sleeping!

But in any case! Welcome in!
Uncle Iroh: I know you're not supposed to cry over spilled tea, but *cries* it's just so sad!
Blazemane
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Unread post by Blazemane »

Welcome to bwint, Robotessa!

You know... I can't figure why I've never asked someone this before, but how'd you come to find this site?
I understand... you are, after all, a predacon.

[img]http://www.bwint.net/memberfanclubterrorsaur.jpg[/img] [img]http://www.bwint.net/bannersbfanclub2.jpg[/img]
Robotessa

Sinead wrote:Welcome to the Beast Wars International boards!

Customary disclaimer: Watch out for stealthy penguins and flying waffles. Or is it pancakes? We had both at one point ... and something to do with frying pans. o.O

Aside from that, just make sure to read the rules and jump right in! Dinobot fans are always appreciated, since there seem to be sooo many of us. *chuckles* Although, as a Dinobot fan, I'm somewhat of a passive one right now, what with other fandoms popping up. I'm a huge Sci-Fi/Fantasy fan, and always have been. Most of us on these boards also enjoy that genre, so you can find no shortage of conversation starters about what you've read recently or whatnot.

Sorry that I'm not quite coherent right now! Volunteering as an actress for a renaissance faire and really shouldn't be online right now ... should be sleeping!

But in any case! Welcome in!

Thanks for the welcome. It makes me feel happy that there are other folks out there who read the same genre of stories as I do. Perhaps I should make a thread for just science-fiction/fantasy topics only in the general section? Just a thought.

An actress for a Renassiance Fair? That's awesome. I never been to one myself, but I've been curious. It sounds like fun, though.
Blazemane wrote:Welcome to bwint, Robotessa!

You know... I can't figure why I've never asked someone this before, but how'd you come to find this site?
Through Beast Wars International. Hope that answers the question. I'm not a troll or anything. There was an interesting subject on the rant section about a certain watchgroup and felt the need to say something. Nothing bad, just words of encouragement.
Blazemane
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Unread post by Blazemane »

Through Beast Wars International. Hope that answers the question. I'm not a troll or anything. There was an interesting subject on the rant section about a certain watchgroup and felt the need to say something. Nothing bad, just words of encouragement.
Oh, certainly- I wouldn't think of you being a troll- it hadn't even crossed my mind.

I was just curious, because the way people have discovered this site can be an interesting thing to hear. I like hearing about it at least. :lol:
I understand... you are, after all, a predacon.

[img]http://www.bwint.net/memberfanclubterrorsaur.jpg[/img] [img]http://www.bwint.net/bannersbfanclub2.jpg[/img]
Robotessa

Ah, well. That's alright, then. I apologize if I sounded a bit defensive.
Aesir
Ultra Poster!
Ultra Poster!

Unread post by Aesir »

Hi, welcome to the forum
[img]http://i418.photobucket.com/albums/pp265/Oracle_Aesir/Picture067-2.jpg[/img]

[url]http://oracleaesir.deviantart.com[/url]
Wonko The Sane
Ultra Poster!
Ultra Poster!

Unread post by Wonko The Sane »

Welcome Robotessa,name's Wonko The Sane...not the REAL one,but an Imitation,if such.

Welcome.
[img]http://tfwiki.net/w2/images2/8/85/ShockwaveDesertionOfTheDinobots1.jpg[/img]

By Primus,You Are Awesome!
Optimal Optimus Primal
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
RPG Characters: Optimus Primal, Rattrap, Rhinox, Megatron, Inferno

Unread post by Optimal Optimus Primal »

Greetings, Robotessa! Welcome to BW Int.
The minute I watched the first episode, I fell in love with it.
Me too! I remember thinking, "TransFormers who transform into animals instead of vehicles, mechanical things or cities? Rock on!" I'm an animal lover, so it was the perfect series for me. :roll:
I admit to being a G1unner, but I'm not the sort of fan who goes around attacking other franchises of Transformers like most G1unners often do.
Good to know, otherwise I'd have to fire my frozen waffles at you with my giant waffle rifle. And that can hurt! :wink:

Hope you enjoy your stay here!
"Well, that's just prime!"
Alak
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Unread post by Alak »

Hi, hope you enjoy the stay!
Robotessa

Pardon me for being repetitive, but thanks for all the warm welcomes. It's hard to find anyone in this fandom who're mature and polite. I usually stay away from the G1 community boards and with good reason, too.
Darkshadow14
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Unread post by Darkshadow14 »

Welcome, welcome!

Nice to meet you, I'm Darkshadow aka Dark. Either one. I am the local Predacon pest and shapeshifter :) Also a Rampage, Tarantulas Quickstrike, and DC fan-girl! Hehe!

*Squeals*

Hope you enjoy the board. Everyone is very nice!! :D
mouse

Unread post by mouse »

Hi and welcome! I'm relatively new too. :D Good to see more people 'round these parts.