Beast Wars: Alternate Universe

Post any fics/stories/poems/scribblings here.

Moderators: Nurann, Starath, Sinead, Optimal Optimus Primal, Razor One

Safeguard

Unread post by Safeguard »

Author's Note: As you can see from the title, this happens in an alternate BW Universe. Here are my changes: Terrorsaur and Scorponok never died in the lava pool (plus they managed to get Transmetallized), Rampage and Depthcharge are still alive, Rhinox and Waspinator got themselves Transmetal forms, Tigatron and Airazor never died and they got themselves Transmetallized, the Maximals and Predacons didn't leave for Cybertron and, most important of all, the other BW characters (the toys) are some of the main characters (mainly Fuzors + some others).
-----------------------------------------------------------
In the Predacon base...

Beep beep beep... the alarm noise broke the nearly perfect silence. It was night-time, and only a single Predacon was up – Quickstrike. He was on guard duty that night... and frankly put, it was getting boring. That single sound came like a bless from Primus himself. He activated his comlink and alerted Megatron.
”We're gettin' high readin's from up north. Several stasis pods 'ave just crashed down there.” the scorpion-snake drawled. Megatron's slightly groggy voice replied: ”Assemble the others.”
Quickstrike shut the comlink and started jogging down the corridor, yelling: ”Git yer afts in high gear! We're going on a mission!”
Several sleepy Predacons looked from the doorways of their quarters, protesting.
”It was an order from the boss-bot himself! Now get movin'!”
One Predacon stayed in place, looking contemptuously at the Fuzor. Quickstrike stepped in front of him and brought his snake-hand near his face.
”Git yer aft to the control room, or do ya need bitin'?” he asked loudly. The other Fuzor snorted. He pushed the smaller Predacon out of his way and walked down the corridor, lizard-head arm and pincers crossed, with an expressionless face. Quickstrike looked after him with a frustrated look.
”That Sky Shadow's gettin' more and more annoying...” he muttered before stalking after him.

Later in Sector Alpha, Ten, Eight... Maximal territory

The lake surface was broken as a strange figure emerged from the depths, spreading it's wings and gliding just above the peaceful waters. Air Hammer was feeling wonderful. He had been awakened from the stasis pod state a few weeks earlier, and he still felt like flying up to the clouds and beyond.... but his peace disappeared as an incoming transmission from the Axalon woke him.
”This is Rhinox, do you copy? Three stasis pods have landed near your location.”
”Got it. I'm going there to take a closer look.”
”Be careful. We detected four Predacons in the vicinity, and who knows how many are on the way.”
”Duh, aren't I always?”
”I'm sending a retrieval team. And it shouldn't take too long for Noctorro, Cheetor and Tigatron to reach you, as they are quite near the stasis pods as well.”
With that Air Hammer took off and flew towards Sector Beta, Four, Three. When he got there, he hid behind a large boulder, casting a brief glance on the four Preds near the far end of the valley.
”Hmmm... looks like Quickstrike, Inferno, Iguanus and Tarantulas. Not good. And there's something odd with this place...”
Suddenly Tarantulas made a strange motion with his right claw.. hand, Air Hammer corrected himself. And he soon learned just what he did. The Pred had noticed him. The Maximal Fuzor Maximized and was about to grab his gun, when he felt a stinging pain erupt through his back. He let out a strangled yell. The only thing he heard was '....Terrorize!'. Suddenly the pain was gone... he turned around, just to find pincers beginning to constrict his throat. He couldn't breathe... his airways were firmly being crushed. Hoarsely Air Hammer managed to say:
”Sky Shadow...”
The Predacon just tightened his grip and made Air Hammer give a pained gasp. He grabbed the pincers and tried to force them open, but found out that the Fuzor was stronger than him.. much stronger.
”C'mon...” ”Unh... arg...” ”...Hurry up, guys...”
Suddenly there was a loud 'WHOOSH' and the vilest tune Air Hammer had ever heard started to play across the valley. He looked up, in pain, to see Noctorro just above him. Then he gazed at Sky Shadow, who had just let him go. The Predacon Fuzor was grimacing as he transformed to beast mode and took the air, flying away from the terrible wailing.
”Where did you get that skill?” Air Hammer, a bot of few words, asked bluntly.
”Learned it a couple of days ago. Are you going to come or not?” Noctorro said gruffly.
”...Huh?”
”Hey, there's a fight brewing up ahead. I wouldn't wanna miss it, and it seems the cats are getting in trouble.”
”Oh.”
After Air Hammer had transformed, the two Maximal Fuzors flew towards their comrades, but then they heard Tigatron shouting:
”No! Get the stasis pods!”
Air Hammer glanced towards the nearest stasis pod and found out just what he meant. Tarantulas was already there, going to reprogram the helpless protoform inside. He made quick calculations.. there were five Preds, and four of them. Two were fighting against Inferno and Sky Shadow, and he and Noctorro were heading for the spider and the pod. Then he made a quick decision.
”Noc, you take the spider. I'm going for Quickstrike. We'll just have to wait and see what Iguanus is going to do with that third pod over there.”
Noctorro gazed at him incredulously. Air Hammer cast an irritated look right back at him.
”What?”
”That was about the longest time I've ever heard you talk.”
”Oh... well, I'll try to cut back a little next time.”
”You already did.”
”Heh... OK, get going!”
”All right, all right!”
After giving Noctorro a firm slap with a wing, Air Hammer headed for the Fuzor.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Author's 2nd Note: I've got a writer's block, and can't seem to write anything. Anyone have any ideas I could put to use? I think I seriously need help, because I've 9 stories to write at the same time. This Beast Wars -based, one BWII-based, 5 G1-based, one of my own continuity (supposed to happen five years after Energon) and one Cybertron-based. And planning to write a Transformers version of LOTR.
"Can you still see when your head has been severed from your neck? Let’s find out…"
- Drancron from Beast Wars Neo