Invading Vancouver

Where you can post announcements and other cool things. Doesn't have to be BW-related.

Moderators: Nurann, Starath, Sinead, Optimal Optimus Primal, Razor One

Optimal Optimus Primal
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
RPG Characters: Optimus Primal, Rattrap, Rhinox, Megatron, Inferno

Invading Vancouver

Unread post by Optimal Optimus Primal »

Hey, guys. I just wanted to let everyone know that I'm going on vacation from July 24th to July 30th back to Vancouver, BC, Canada. And this time I have my password for my account with me so I'll still be able to post on here and keep an eye on things as much as I can. :wink: I'm not going for any conventions this time; just some site seeing, relaxation and spending time with my older sister who really needs this vacation. However, I will be visiting Garry Chalk quite often, so in a way, it'll be like my own personal BotCon. :lol: And it all begins with him picking us up at the airport tomorrow. I also plan on seeing him play his guitar and sing at both his open mics, and getting my prints done for Auto Assembly. I'm sure I'll have photos and videos, in case anyone's interested before you see him at AA next month. :D And there are also a few other friends I hope to meet up with, so I'm quite excited.

I'll have my mini laptop with me for any other communication like Skype, e-mail and Facebook. See you laters!
"Well, that's just prime!"
Darkshadow14
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Unread post by Darkshadow14 »

Sounds like a fun mini vacation. OOP, I still can't get over how close you are to Mr. Chalk, he's your favorite BW character VA and you guys are hanging out. *sigh* Lucky, if only Campbell Lane could be a good friend. lol.
Sapphire
Site Admin

Unread post by Sapphire »

Have a happy vacation, Candice! You work so hard, you deserve a nice break. :) So cool that you get to visit Gary. I'm sure you very used to it, but I am really nervous about meeting him at Auto Assembly (I always get nervous meeting childhood heroes!). Maybe you could give him the heads up that a very nervous South African will be queueing for his autograph. :p I still need to work out what gift to give him, since SilverfromOZ has come up with some cool creative presents for the VAs. *wracks brain*

And I will def. be buying one of your gorgeous prints at AA. I am looking forward to the opportunity, and will promote you myself by word of mouth while I am there!
Optimal Optimus Primal
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

OOP, I still can't get over how close you are to Mr. Chalk, he's your favorite BW character VA and you guys are hanging out. *sigh* Lucky, if only Campbell Lane could be a good friend. lol.Sounds like a fun mini vacation. OOP, I still can't get over how close you are to Mr. Chalk, he's your favorite BW character VA and you guys are hanging out. *sigh* Lucky, if only Campbell Lane could be a good friend. lol.
Awe. Honestly, it is something I never thought of happening and certainly don't take for granted. I wish you could meet Campbell someday. Who knows, maybe you'd hit it off real well with him. It's too bad he isn't invited to conventions more often. I'd certainly like to meet him as well.
Have a happy vacation, Candice! You work so hard, you deserve a nice break.
Thank you, Sapphire! I definitely need this vacation. XD
So cool that you get to visit Gary. I'm sure you very used to it, but I am really nervous about meeting him at Auto Assembly (I always get nervous meeting childhood heroes!).
Oh, we are quite comfortable around each other now but it wasn't always that way, you know. :lol: The first few times I met him, I was very nervous. Like you said, he's a hero, an idle, someone you look up to, and when I met him I was so shy and bashful. But you shouldn't worry so much. He is very approachable and kind. You know Primal, right? That's basically Garry. :lol: In fact, I was out with him today as he gave me a little tour in a hiking park and a couple (whom we bumped into earlier on one of the paths) walked up to Garry and asked why he looked familiar to them. It was really funny. But they were nice, and they sat down with us at the park for ice cream and food, and all of us chatted and a had good time. No matter where I go with him in the city, someone always recognizes him and he always ends up with a little chat. Trust me when I say Garry loves his fans. And he loves talking. :wink:
Maybe you could give him the heads up that a very nervous South African will be queueing for his autograph. :p
Absolutely! :D
I still need to work out what gift to give him, since SilverfromOZ has come up with some cool creative presents for the VAs. *wracks brain*
Awesome! I'm sure he will love anything you give him. Need any ideas?
And I will def. be buying one of your gorgeous prints at AA. I am looking forward to the opportunity, and will promote you myself by word of mouth while I am there!
Awwwe. Thank you so much!! *big hugs* That truly means so much to me.
Darkshadow14
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

OOP you should ask him, if he stills talks to anyone really from the BW crew? Other then the obvious David and Scott. Unless, you already know the answer.
Sapphire
Site Admin

Unread post by Sapphire »

I am definitely open to ideas, OOP! I was also wondering, since I will be handing out BWINT business cards at the con, if you want your art section of the site updated, and if you want me to add a link to your account to a place where you sell your art? I am not well enough to do a site-wide update just yet, but I could manage your page in light of the fact that it would be an ideal time to do so just prior to promotion of your art/the website.

Also, might you be going to Botcon next year? I may be going to that too and it'd be awesome if we could meet up (and spend a decent amount of time together, since we didn't really get a chance last BC.) I know Silver's arranging a big roadtrip for that year.

On a side note, I've always wanted to see Vancouver as it is consistently rated one of the best cities to live in in the world. Would you agree? :p
[url=http://www.bwint.net/fanclubrattrap.htm][img]http://www.bwint.net/memberrattrapclub1.jpg[/img][/url] || [img]http://www.bwint.net/fanclubrampagebanner1.jpg[/img]
Optimal Optimus Primal
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

OOP you should ask him, if he stills talks to anyone really from the BW crew? Other then the obvious David and Scott. Unless, you already know the answer.
I didn't ask him, DS, sorry. I know I've heard that question asked a couple times in interviews. I think he crosses paths with several of them once in a while, but I think everyone knows he's in contact with Scotty and David pretty often.
I am definitely open to ideas, OOP!
Okay. Well, he's definitely into golf, reading and music. I don't think I could give you specifics because I don't know what he owns but anything with those I'm sure he would love. You know, like maybe little statue things or collectibles, artwork, or maybe a copy of your favorite book. He's a classy guy. :wink: Do NOT give him anything with chimpanzees. :lol:
I was also wondering, since I will be handing out BWINT business cards at the con, if you want your art section of the site updated, and if you want me to add a link to your account to a place where you sell your art? I am not well enough to do a site-wide update just yet, but I could manage your page in light of the fact that it would be an ideal time to do so just prior to promotion of your art/the website.
Yes, yes, and yes! That would be fabulous, Sapphire! Thank you so much. I don't actually have a site where I sell my artwork (besides deviantART), but as soon as I actually get more prints made of more of my work, I was thinking of selling them on eBay. Not sure yet. We'll see what Garry can sell at Auto Assembly. Do you think you could put a link or directions to my "CNS Art" Facebook Page? I'm trying to get more activity there since most of my artwork is on there.
Also, might you be going to Botcon next year? I may be going to that too and it'd be awesome if we could meet up (and spend a decent amount of time together, since we didn't really get a chance last BC.) I know Silver's arranging a big roadtrip for that year.
Yes, I was planning on attending BotCon next year because I would love to see you and the other BW Inters again. However, several of my friends who will be at AA this year are desperately trying to get me to come to next year's AA. I have no idea where my finances will be at that point, but if I decide to go to either, I might finally take Garry's advice on getting a table for the artist alley thing. I have never done it before. So I guess we'll see what happens; I'm torn between two fun conventions. :shock:
On a side note, I've always wanted to see Vancouver as it is consistently rated one of the best cities to live in in the world. Would you agree?
Absolutely 100%. I would like to move there; I love it.
Darkshadow14
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

That's cool thanks OOP!