"Double Jeopardy"

A section for online Role Playing Games of a Beasties nature.

Moderators: Nurann, Starath, Sinead, Optimal Optimus Primal, Razor One

Venatrix

Unread post by Venatrix »

Her eyes already spotted movement on top of the already slowing Predacon transport, and details where being processed every micro-second they came closer, untill she had enough information to form a new stratigy.
"Feralnight, how well does your beastmode handle diving while dodging? Since Skyfire is already damaged, i would like you to charge at the Predacons on top. You'll need to avoid as much of their fire power as you can till you land on top of their transport.
"I will dive down, and attempt to land hard enough on top of the hatches on top of the craft, so i can penitrate the craft, and see how much i can do from the inside before i'm forced outside again.
"When things are getting bad, cutt your losses, and disengadge and retreat as i will be doing.
"Skyfire, you'll be attacking the craft from below right after we attack it from above. You'll need to take out half of it's antigravity systems, no more.
"You 2 ready?"
[img]http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a161/Venatrix1982/venatrix-sig3.jpg[/img]

[color=purple]"Those who fail to learn history are doomed to repeat it;
Those who fail to learn history [b][u]CORRECTLY--[/u][/b]
Why they are simply doomed."[/color]
SkyxDB
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Unread post by SkyxDB »

Skyfire nodded to let Valkeryie know that she understood her orders. "Ready" she said.
I demand cookies!
New Moon
Ultra Poster!
Ultra Poster!

Unread post by New Moon »

"Should handle diving decently, maybe to avoid some fire powe rbt not all." Feralnight said as seh looked down at the transport."But let's gets these Preds and show 'em a hting or two before we have ot pull out." She said, growling a bit in anticipation to strike their foes. As she observed from her position it seemed the Predaocns had been prepared, two were no doubt waiting and there as soem mvoement still on the roof of the crafft...that made a few might be waiting for them.
NaitoKage
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Unread post by NaitoKage »

As the Predacons came into range, Glowstick activated his visual zoom again. His optics narrowed as he targeted the familiar sight of Valkyrie, then his lasers shifted on the ends of his tentacles, moving the limbs in a slight curl, the iris of the lasers contracting as they started to power up, he then fired a high powered focused laser towards the Maximal flier striking towards her left side, his left arm moving suddenly out to the side stretching and bending it's angle to project a second blast into the distance towards her in the estimated dodge path she would take, the beams seeming to follow her movements.
Blazemane
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Unread post by Blazemane »

So... that hybrid Maximal must have been the new one- what did the others say her name was?

Well, anyways, Glowstick was firing at Valkyrie, so it was the either the hybrid or Skyfire- the hybrid was just a bit closer. Steelclaw maneuvered the quasar cannon to be aimed at her and started firing off. It was a rather cold way to welcome her to the planet, but she was gonna get shot at some point.
Last edited by Blazemane on Wed Sep 29, 2010 6:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I understand... you are, after all, a predacon.

[img]http://www.bwint.net/memberfanclubterrorsaur.jpg[/img] [img]http://www.bwint.net/bannersbfanclub2.jpg[/img]
Night-Hunter
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
Location: Looking for my sanity... *sigh* Still can't find it.

Unread post by Night-Hunter »

Sonar growled deeply when he spotted the hybrid, he smiled when an idea blossumed into his twisted little mind of his. He put his rifle away and let an updraft take him higher into the cover of the clouds disappearing from sight. When he was deep in cloud cover he sent out a wave of sound and a silver out line of the Hybrid came into his mind.
He smiled again and licked his lips. he was going to enjoy this, he then held his wings tight against his body and went into a free fall aiming for the new Maximal, his claws on his hands were ready for him to slam into her and rip her a new one, in more ways then one.
"The enemy of my enemy is my bro."
New Moon
Ultra Poster!
Ultra Poster!

As the shots came towards her Feralnight flapped her wings a few times before folding them close to her body and diving towards the source scanning the Predacon. He certainly wouldn't be easy to take down but nonetheless he was still an enemy and she had her orders, folding out from her shoulder Ferlanight aimed the cannon flinching as she took a few its before she started firing back at Steelclaw. What she failed to see however was Sona heading straight for her as she dove towards the transport.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Frilla saw them busy with the odd hybrid so she turned her attention to the remaining maximal. Raising the mini-gun she tried aiming the best she could towards Skyfire praying silently to Primus she could at least do a decent job and began to fire. But shooting with a different weapon seemed almost alien to her and it was a wonder how this would exactly end which would probably not be well after this all was said and done.
Night-Hunter
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Sonar smiled the hybrid hadn't spotted.
Just a little closer... He thought his smile deepening.
At the last second he unfurled his wings and slammed into Feralnight at breakneck speed.
New Moon
Ultra Poster!
Ultra Poster!

Feralnight was caught completely off guard by the sudden collision, being thrown off course as Sonar slammed into her side and the fuzor forced to stop her firing. What or who had hit her? Right now she was confused and tried to move away from her attacker.
Night-Hunter
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Sonar smiled when his attacked worked.
Might as well make myself known. He thought smiling even more.
He let out a cackle that made him sound and look creepy and hysterical before he attacked the hybrid again.

((OOC: Might as well keep the ball rolling before this thread is covered in dust and moss.))
New Moon
Ultra Poster!
Ultra Poster!

Feralngiht growled as she was attacked once more before she finally managed to move away from Sonar long enough to tun and see him. He wasn't exactly what you would call handsome, leas tnot to her anyway and not to mention she was irritated for having been thrown off coarse. "Slagging Predacon! Haven't you heard of keeping your hands to yourself?" She growled and fired ehr shoulder mounted cannon.
NaitoKage
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

(Heh.. considering some track records, it was bound to happen. The threads been basically paralyzed for over a month anyway.. Have Skyfire atleast go for the shuttle if she wants while Glowstick continues to keep Valkyrie busy..)
Blazemane
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Unread post by Blazemane »

Mr. Banzaison was leafing through a rather disorganized assortment of blue prints for various inventions when the sound of the door at the other end of his room startled him.

He could not see who was on the other side of the door, for its glass had now fragmented into an opaque collection of shards. Then, as they were designed to, the shards began floating away in mid-air and separating off to either side of the doorway.

Dr. Malcolm stepped into the room, and the glass immediately began re-collecting itself in the space above the threshold. Then, with a slight crackling noise, the pieces were seamlessly rejoined, and the sea of white turned clear once more.

Malcolm knew Banzaison was a sentimental type. One could see it in the way he treated each step of his work, or by the desk now strewn with ideas he'd never quite been able to finish and send to the patent office, but still had never given up on. Even his door system was over half a century old.

So why hadn't he pursued this issue a bit more?

"Hello, Dr. Malcolm," he greeted with a smile, suddenly sending away all of the concentration that had been written on his face. "How was breakfast?"

"You mean lunch?" Malcom inquired. Banzaison raised an eyebrow and then looked at his watch.

"Woh..." he remarked to himself.

"The day sneaks up on all of us, Nate," Malcolm said with an empathetic chuckle. "Say," he began a new topic, "I was talking to Dan over at the application facilities- he told me you had gone to him a few weeks ago to ask him about an instrument hiccup?"

"Yeah, that's right."

"Well, when I heard what it is you were worried about, I decided to run a few of my own calculations, and..." he said, reaching down to the other's desk. "Do you mind if I move these?" he asked, interrupting himself.

"No, go ahead," Nate replied. Dr. Malcolm brushed the blue prints out of the way to reveal the desk's top, and after allowing it to scan his fingerprint, a virtual file came up with the calculations Malcolm had mentioned. Both scientists looked at the desk.

"So, you were working on time travel, right?" Malcom asked. The other nodded.

"But this was just a sort of... free time thing," Nate explained, "It is widely assumed that time travel isn't feasible, so I figured that goal in itself was a wild goose chase. I just wanted to how close we could get- see what we might learn in the attempt." He looked over to the right side of the file. "And I can see you figured out the theory behind my latest, uh... well if you can even call it 'invention'."

"I would," Malcolm stated matter-of-factly. There was no encouragement in his voice- he was making an educated conclusion. And Mr. Banzaison picked up on that right away. So he looked yet again, and found new details- things he had never considered or worked out. He put two fingers to his forehead.

"Is this... multi-dimensional research?"

"No. Multi-era."

Nate looked at Malcolm inquisitively.

"Dobson's theorem states-"

"No, I know," Nate interrupted. "I'm just surprised. What does it have to do with the continuum freezer?"

This time, Malcolm looked inquisitively. "You called it a 'continuum freezer'?"

"I was running out of creativity," Nate defended. "But really, what are you trying to tell me?"

"It worked," Dr. Malcolm replied concisely. He pointed a finger at the desk and continued. "You postulated that any disruptions in the time stream of the universe would be noticeable. That's why you went to Dan- to see if he agreed, and so you could both make sure that your accidental use of the machine hadn't caused any such disruptions. But I think that would only be true if you disrupted the moment we're living in. So I reviewed the conditions of that accident, and no matter how many times I work it out, I keep coming to the same conclusion- you did freeze a specific time in the past in one specific location."

A silence filled the room as Mr. Banzaison contemplated the evidence in front of him. Then he finally spoke.

"We should probably fix that then."

3 days (?) later...

Steelclaw noticed with satisfaction that a few of the quasar shots hit Feralnight. But... she didn't seem that fazed.

He didn't exactly panic, but had small cause for alarm when ammunition from her shoulder-cannon started raining down. He moved to the right- more towards the roof's center- to avoid what he could. A few shots scorched into the ship's top, but Steelclaw realized the rest of Feralnight's ammo was coming too fast to dodge, so he guarded the quasar gun as best he could, and took the hits. He was knocked off of his knees onto his back and his vision flashed grey static for a moment. But he regained his vision and his footing and aimed his weapon up once more only to see Sonar engage the Maximal.

But there was another target- Skyfire. So he began to aim again.

((OOC: I emailed Venatrix a while back, and I still haven't heard from her. I don't know if she's just busy or hurt, but either way, should we move on, or wait for her a bit more?))
Last edited by Blazemane on Wed Nov 10, 2010 6:22 pm, edited 3 times in total.
I understand... you are, after all, a predacon.

[img]http://www.bwint.net/memberfanclubterrorsaur.jpg[/img] [img]http://www.bwint.net/bannersbfanclub2.jpg[/img]
SkyxDB
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Unread post by SkyxDB »

(OCC: Sorry I haven't posted anything here in a while. I seem to have a really bad case of RP-writers block here. Every time I come here intended I can't seem to think of anything. HELP!)
I demand cookies!
NaitoKage
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

(Well since it's been awhile.. time for Deja vu time. )

Valkyrie continued on course as her sharp eagle eyes suddenly zoomed into the distance noticing Glowstick, if her beast mode was capable of scowling she would of expressed it. It was the insidious squid's fault for her loss in the last battle, she intended to not make it happen again. As Glowstick moved to project his laser, she suddenly twisted her body to dodge the beam, starting to roll to the left, her eyes then widen in surprise watching Glowstick's unnatural limb movement, projecting the second beam, both seeming to move as if to cut her in half like scissors.

She had little choice, but quickly thought over the situation. Pulling her wings against herself she dived out of the way of the beams as they clashed, then spoke up Valkyrie, Maximize! in a loud tone, her body folding and twisting transforming to robot mode, her wings swept open as rocket thrusters on her back fired up, moving her arms infront of herself, her wrist vulcan cannons firing towards Glowstick.

Glowstick watched in surprise, her movements were unexpected, but then he wasn't a true soldier. His information on aerial combat was limited compared to the likes of even Waspinator or Terrorsaur. As she opened fire on him, his left set of tentacles swung infront of his body to take the brunt of the strike, an alarm shrieking in his audios as his music player changed tracks from end of all hope to Protomen-the Stand(Man or machine). The bullets shred into his transparent limbs, a strange fuild oozing from the bullet holes as he flew down towards her, his feeder arms swinging downward locking together at the palm and extending down towards Valkyrie, she leans out of the way of the strike effortlessly floating upwardly towards Glowstick drawing one of her feather blades, Glowstick's optics simply narrow and dim to a black shade as if a protective screen over his optics, the photophores on his expanded limbs turn and open their iris fully on both of the laser weapons.

A sudden wide dual laser surge raises up from under Valkyrie mere inches from Glowstick's face with a thunderous noise from the rapidly heated and expanding air pressure,the beam itself seeming to shine almost straight into the sky. Glowstick's skin on his transparent flesh darkening like a tan with paint peeling off along the center line of his body as Valkyrie seems to disappear engulfed in the light with a scream attempting to fly back, exiting the beam as the shot quickly ended. Valkyrie floated back still, clutching her face with one hand covering her white optics, the feathers on her body charred with small embers smoking along them. Alarms inside her head were giving her a headache, the beam was not capable of penetrating her armor, but the blinding rush and rapid heating had taken it's toll. Had she taken the blow for much longer she would of caught on fire or worse, ignite the fuel supply for her rockets and missiles causing a explosive chain reaction.

Glowstick started to laugh watching, his optics protective welding shade disappearing showing their normal aqua teal like glow. Things don't always turn out as planned, and even with as fast as you can think.. You can't move at the speed of light. And now you stand helpless as my kind often feels..Logically I should just leave you here.. No one can help you now after all.. but I don't like to leave a job unfinished..

Valkyrie grits her teeth as she hears his words enraged, You Monster.. twisting that innocent Maximal life.. she then shouts, Glowstick's arms return to their normal length Better alive then like you babe..Ends justify the means. his arm photophores shift aimed towards Valkyrie as she tries to fly back with her wings in front of herself to shield from the attack, the iris narrow then fire two high focused blasts knocking her flying back into a dive in the ocean, a trail of smoke following seen in the moonlight with a small fire seen on her wings.