I seriously LOLed at M. Night Shyamalan

Have you got some cool BW links to tell us about? How about your own website? Let us know here!

Moderators: Nurann, Starath, Sinead, Optimal Optimus Primal, Razor One

Sinead

I seriously LOLed at M. Night Shyamalan

Unread post by Sinead »

http://www.kataangforever.com/index.php?topic=22692.0

He just about breaks down in a snarl-fest about how people are saying that his casting choices are racist. As I said WAAAAYYY a long time ago, "I'm holding judgement until the movie comes out." One week away, and I'm having a blast laughing at the irony that the "whitewashed" movie is anything BUT!

Heh.

... edited the title ... I can't spell this guy's last name worth beans.
Uncle Iroh: I know you're not supposed to cry over spilled tea, but *cries* it's just so sad!
Alak
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Unread post by Alak »

The whole thing of M. Night vs. the Racebenders is getting a little tiresome. I admit that I was a huge skeptic at the beginning, but after seeing the most recent trailer, I really want to see this film now. If I enjoy it, then he did his job well. I already know that it's not going to be perfect since cramming an entire season into one movie is pretty ridiculous. I already know how difficult it is to make element bending, Appa, the fire kingdom lizards, and Momo to appear believable. The race issue was a worry, but it was the last of many for me. That third trailer put many of those worries to rest and it looked exciting enough to get me pumped. Yes, I still wish that Iroh could be more fat with gray hair. Yes, I still wish that he got Zuko's haircut right. No, I don't think firebending is going to be nerfed that much. Also, I'm still not happy with the casting for Katara and Sokka. Despite these concerns, I will be one of many to stand in line during the midnight premier.
Night-Hunter
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
Location: Looking for my sanity... *sigh* Still can't find it.

Unread post by Night-Hunter »

This is going to be just like Avatar which wasn't racist at all. It just showed what we did to the Native Americans and threw it back at us well americans any way.

But aside from all the dumb racist B.S i'm going to see The Last Airbender, and i think Momo looks freaking adorable.
"The enemy of my enemy is my bro."
Sinead

Unread post by Sinead »

I do have to admit that the shot with Momo and Aang (Noah Ringer) made me giggle at the sheer cuteness of little, wide-eyed beings that make you want to pack them into a box and carry them with you everywhere. Like kittens or puppies, only 50 times more mischievous.

While I agree that not all the casting choices are prime ... I think that they're about 80% fair. I like the wide-eyed innocence that Noah Ringer really brought to the screen in the previews, the broody, intense nature that Dev Patel (sp?) just ... oozed through his pores, I guess, and really, those are the two main people that I'm paying attention to until the other movies come out. Katara, eh, I'm not a huge fan of her. Yes, she's very important to the storyline and the other characters, but she's not in my top-three faves (Zuko, Iroh, Toph). I'm not convinced that Nickola (again, spelling issues with names tonight) was the right choice, but I'll wait to see how well she acts in the movie. And having a former vampire playing Sokka ... well ... he'd better show that he's got a sense of humor and can be buoyant.

Then again, hey, this is Shyamalan's pet Epic Saga project. Everyone wants to make one. For Spielberg, it was Indiana Jones; Lucas got Star Wars, and Verbinski got Pirates of the Caribbean. (And fangirls got the Twilight Saga ... Bay got Transformers ...)

Maybe I should strikeout from "fangirls" onward until I find another epic saga that needs to be mentioned, once the strikeout option starts working again. Failcakes.
Uncle Iroh: I know you're not supposed to cry over spilled tea, but *cries* it's just so sad!
Blazemane
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Unread post by Blazemane »

Maybe I should strikeout from "fangirls" onward until I find another epic saga that needs to be mentioned, once the strikeout option starts working again. Failcakes.
Peter Jackson got the Lord of the Rings (and he might end up directing the Hobbit now that Del Toro has left).
I understand... you are, after all, a predacon.

[img]http://www.bwint.net/memberfanclubterrorsaur.jpg[/img] [img]http://www.bwint.net/bannersbfanclub2.jpg[/img]