Questions: Maximal base inscripts

Where we talk about nothing other than that. :)

Moderators: Nurann, Starath, Sinead, Optimal Optimus Primal, Razor One

Methane Ridge

Questions: Maximal base inscripts

Unread post by Methane Ridge »

The episode Equal Measures (6th minute from intro beginning) shows a picture with inscript "Restricted" on it. If I suppose it means "Cheetor's place" or similar, question arises: Why was it needed there, as a reminder for the case someone returns from a tiresome mission and mixes up rooms? The room itself might have a label outside it, or if not, everyone must know anyway. So, what does it really mean?
BTW, in the episode Call of the Wild it seems not being there.

Also: Call of the Wild, 9th minute. What does the message mean that goes along the bottom of the screen? :? It's weird!
(yes, I've read Text translations article; but nevertheless.)
edit: reference to http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Call_of_the_Wild
Blazemane
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Unread post by Blazemane »

I don't think the "restricted" sign was technically necessary. It's just Cheetor's personal touch to his room- something that gives his quarters some personality, and also gives the audience some of Cheetor's personality.

If it were indeed meant to keep people away, then it seems Cheetor would not have left his door open in that episode, and would not have allowed Dinobot to come in his room.

It's just like putting a "keep out" sign on a bedroom in a house. Generally a person can't actually enforce the idea of keeping people out of a room in a house, and generally a person wouldn't actually mind someone coming in their room.

So yeah, I think Cheetor just put it there for fun.

The text in Call of the Wild is a reference to a song with a similar name to those lyrics (the words shown on the screen). The song itself is a subtle reference to what I would consider a pretty gross sexual practice.

And welcome to the site, Methane Ridge!

In the fun, but rather random and unnecessary (hey, like Cheetor's sign) tradition of this site, I will now give you the standard warning:

Bwint contains nuts, penguins, and flying waffles. Waffles are almost always tasty, but they still hurt if you get hit in the head with them- especially when they're frozen, so watch out. On that note, we suspect it is the penguins which throw the waffles, but the penguins are very stealthy, so we can never quite confirm that allegation.

If you so desire, you can put up a thread in the "introduce yourself" section, and give yourself a formal introduction.

And hey, I noticed you have The Lion King in your "Interests" category. That's my favorite movie.
I understand... you are, after all, a predacon.

[img]http://www.bwint.net/memberfanclubterrorsaur.jpg[/img] [img]http://www.bwint.net/bannersbfanclub2.jpg[/img]
NaitoKage
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Unread post by NaitoKage »

Oddly enough I have a Keepout sign on my bedroom door, but it's use is for either sleeping or doing Audio/Video/Computer repair work.
Phoenix
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
RPG Characters: Nemesis,Aurora,Zodiac

Unread post by Phoenix »

Wow.. I'm astonished by the many little details people here notice from the BW show!

When I first got the show on dvds a few years back I watched all the episodes, but after that the dvds have only sporadically been played for an episode or two at the time. Every few months I'd watch a bit. Though didn't notice anything out of the ordinary like that.

Ironically if it wasn't for BW I would probably not have met my hubby.. scary thought! But anyways..