The Last Airbender Theatrical Trailer

Have you got some cool BW links to tell us about? How about your own website? Let us know here!

Moderators: Nurann, Starath, Sinead, Optimal Optimus Primal, Razor One

Night-Hunter
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
Location: Looking for my sanity... *sigh* Still can't find it.

The Last Airbender Theatrical Trailer

Unread post by Night-Hunter »

I saw this trailer when i went to see Ironman 2 today.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tz3HOUtHXCU

i am so gonna see it. ^_^
"The enemy of my enemy is my bro."
Optimal Optimus Primal
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
RPG Characters: Optimus Primal, Rattrap, Rhinox, Megatron, Inferno

Unread post by Optimal Optimus Primal »

You know, I really enjoyed the cartoon on Nick and I'm looking forward to M. Night's version. It looks good. I think all of the actors were great choices for the characters. I wanna see MoMo, though! :lol: I love that M. Night films all of his movies in my general area. He actually went up to Beltzville for some scenes in The Last Airbender. And I SWEAR I saw him one time at a gas station several years ago but I was too chicken to ask. :lol: My older sister got a tour around the house and corn fields where they shot Signs, and she said people could hear dogs barking all the time. She never saw any of the actors, though. That was in Delaware County, I think.
"Well, that's just prime!"
Lady Venom
Ultra Poster!
Ultra Poster!

Unread post by Lady Venom »

Gonna be outside protesting the racefail on this movie. Shame, it had such potential and then he went and messed it up >< But I will be stating this just once.

Sokka and Katara aren't white. Nor is Aang... and really, Indian for Zuko? And that looks like a sunburn! Not a huge flaming fire scorcher!

*slinks back off now that she's said her rage induced spiel before she goes wild and froths at the mouth*
~Rejected By The Sun and Moon, I Turn To The Stars~

Give in to temptation

Night-Hunter
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
Location: Looking for my sanity... *sigh* Still can't find it.

Unread post by Night-Hunter »

Gonna be outside protesting the racefail on this movie. Shame, it had such potential and then he went and messed it up >< But I will be stating this just once.

Sokka and Katara aren't white. Nor is Aang... and really, Indian for Zuko? And that looks like a sunburn! Not a huge flaming fire scorcher!

*slinks back off now that she's said her rage induced spiel before she goes wild and froths at the mouth*
*Sighs* I'm not gonna say any thing on this.
"The enemy of my enemy is my bro."
Alak
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Unread post by Alak »

Lady Venom wrote:Gonna be outside protesting the racefail on this movie. Shame, it had such potential and then he went and messed it up >< But I will be stating this just once.

I agree with everything in this post. I'm still going to go see the movie to see if the director succeeded in his "acting > race" defense. Plus, this was the trailer that actually got me pumped for this movie. Why? It wasn't the action. It wasn't the special effects. It wasn't even because Aang spoke for the first time.

We finally saw Appa fly!!! He looked good, and since that used to be one of my biggest reservations (animating Appa), I think I'll give this movie a chance.
Optimal Optimus Primal
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
RPG Characters: Optimus Primal, Rattrap, Rhinox, Megatron, Inferno

Unread post by Optimal Optimus Primal »

I don't know. To me, they resembled the cartoon characters quite well. But maybe I'm not that particular on the details.
We finally saw Appa fly!!! He looked good, and since that used to be one of my biggest reservations (animating Appa), I think I'll give this movie a chance.
Agreed. Yay, Appa!
"Well, that's just prime!"
Alak
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Unread post by Alak »

Here's my take on the characters so far:

Aang: I think he passes based on the trailers. Then again, he hasn't said anything as opposed to the extremely extroverted Aang from the show.

Katara: No resemblance (I demand hair loopies!) and annoying voice. She just doesn't have the cool factor.

Sokka: I see a resemblance, just give him a tan (actor joked about this too).

Zuko: Shyamalan just had to pick a tanned actor to play the lightest skinned character in the whole series. Original Zuko was bald in Season 1 except for a pony tail, and this actor had a head full of hair. The scar sucks in design, too. Compare:

Iroh: *insert face into palm*

Yue: I think they portrayed her looks well.

Suki: Costume looks great, but I wonder if they'll cut the actress' hair to better fit the role. She better learn some form of fighting style in this movie otherwise the character wouldn't have justice. I have faith, though, since Scarlett Johansson was turned into a beast for Iron Man 2.

Appa: Amazing.

Momo: Where is he?
Lady Venom
Ultra Poster!
Ultra Poster!

Unread post by Lady Venom »

Aang was more Hindu (look at the robes he and his brethren wear.)

Zuko, Chinese. Look at the architect of the homes in the Fire Nations and the clothing and Zuko's eyes.

Katara/Sokka, a tan isn't going to suddenly make you Inuit. No, just..no.

And don't get me started on how Iroh's actor looks. *facepalm* Dreadlocks? REALLY?! Also, Iroh, you look nothing like your nephew. http://upload.moldova.org/movie/actors/ ... toub_4.jpg

Also, WTH is with the lessoning of the firebender's power? Only able to use fire if it's nearby? Uh, that would make the destruction of the water tribe USELESS, since they could easily out power you before all those fireballs landed.

Way to diminish the power. Explain lightning bending then? Do they need static electricity? Why is it impossible in this world of BENDING, that they shouldn't be allowed to create their own energy? They get it from the sun, just like water benders get it from the moon.

He will ruin the movie because it's not even Avatar anymore. He's ignoring the basics of Bending to further his own agenda and it sickens me.

So much white washing from a show that ENCOURAGED POC to feel cool about themselves.

Stupid freaking white privilege, stupid freaking color freaked Hollywood.
~Rejected By The Sun and Moon, I Turn To The Stars~

Give in to temptation