1989 Batman

Post any artwork here, whether it be BW related or not.

Moderators: Nurann, Starath, Sinead, Optimal Optimus Primal, Razor One

Optimal Optimus Primal
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
RPG Characters: Optimus Primal, Rattrap, Rhinox, Megatron, Inferno

Unread post by Optimal Optimus Primal »

I noticed that OOP, that you post photography on facebook.
Gasp! Someone noticed! :lol: Thank you, DS.
Well your talent is endless, it can go on forever. I swear you should win all sorts of awards!
:lol: I appreciate your confidence and enthusiasm but apparently my talent isn't THAT good. :roll: Well, I did get an award for an amateur photography contest, but it wasn't like 1st, 2nd or 3rd or anything. It was more like recognition for the photo I submitted. It was published in some kind of photo stock book. Some BW Inters might remember the two pieces of artwork (my painting of TM Megatron and pencil drawing of Transmutate) I entered into the BotCon art contest back in '07 but I didn't win anything for either of them, sooooo... :roll: Such is life. But, hey, one of my big fans of my artwork is Garry Chalk, so I think I eventually won the best prize and I wasn't even running in a contest. :lol:
What is your favorite type of artwork to do?
I feel like I'm being interviewed. :wink: Definitely pencil art. I know some people call my drawings "sketches," but sketches to me are just the beginning of a drawing. You know, they're a bunch of lines and sketch marks that start to create an outline of the idea that you want to draw. Like thumbnails. I consider my pencil art as drawings because they're finished pieces of art. Using a pencil comes to me kind of naturally now and apparently I'm more of a traditional artist than a digital or graphic artist. Photography comes in a very close second but it's a lot easier. I just point and click what my eye likes and it's done. Drawing takes a little more effort and a lot more attention to detail.
Your pencil work has to be my favorite that I have seen!
Thank you so very much!! I know there are much better artists out there who use all the different pencils and whatnot but I do get satisifaction out of my style and techniques when the drawings are done, especially with the comments you and others leave. So thank you!! It always encourages me to do more and try different things.
"Well, that's just prime!"