Here's my decision on live-action beast wars movie...

Where we talk about nothing other than that. :)

Moderators: Nurann, Starath, Sinead, Optimal Optimus Primal, Razor One

Prime Boss

Here's my decision on live-action beast wars movie...

Unread post by Prime Boss »

Despite that I'm in a bad mood..it's high time that I share this decision with you regarding beast wars live-action movie in the future.

After a very careful consideration, I took a week to thinking about it, to look harder on beast wars franchise, to realizing that if I'm doing this, it'll have to be completely in different universe, other than 1996 tv series that was produced.

I never expected to realized that I do have the power to changing universe of beast wars..unless you're approving of this brand new story that was never to be told before!

So, ladies and Gentlemen, Boys and Girls, this is it! I'm definitely bringing beast wars franchise back. The movie scripts planned this month of July I'm working on.

I want this to be processing in about four to five years to complete this journey, if Paramount and Hasbro both give me the big blessing to do this project.

But, many problems arisen, I'm having troubling to see those transformers into those creatures, you know? Say, Supposedly, if this transformer decides to choose this elephant's transform form, he will have to be giant, you know?

Each animals are not that big, of course.

Anyways, luckily, I was able to research this story arc to finding out what this story all about. Right now I'm heavily focused on Optimal Optimus Primal's history. That's what I'm doing for that part.

And one thing that from 1996 tv series doesn't add up. How on earth did they crashed on prehistoric earth? I know writers wanna to take it to present earth, but decides not to do it.

Now I'm giving you a little bit hint on this movie story..

Story begins with Autobots, Deceptions long gone, somehow they've become extinct, due to this final war that they've been fought on so long, but not all of them are dead! Autobot Optimus Prime, Decepticon Megatron, they're both alive.

Preadcon Megatron's sinister plan to change its history, to ensure that no humans appeared on the earth. Our heroes set to fighting Megatron and those Preacons to stop that from happening.

Despite that they're trapped in prehistoric earth, there's strange messages appeared there before them, upon those strange kind of Golden Disk, to reveal what's going to happening if they're fighting over this Golden Disk!

From that history arisen itself, soon enough they will find out about this certain human who will help Autobots in the long run.

I better keep my mouth shut. I will have to get that permission from both those companies, that is!
Being Prime boss is awesome!
Darkshadow14
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Unread post by Darkshadow14 »

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

THAT'S SO AWESOME!

I want to see the movie! You must keep us updated with everything!
Night-Hunter
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
Location: Looking for my sanity... *sigh* Still can't find it.

Unread post by Night-Hunter »

DO IT DO IT!!!! I WANT A BEAST WARS MOVIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
"The enemy of my enemy is my bro."
starshadow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Unread post by starshadow »

HURRAY!! I WANTZ TO SEE IT!!
transformersvoice

Unread post by transformersvoice »

Go for it.
Prime Boss

Guys, it's going to be more like star trek, due to that event translates from the future. But being on prehistoric earth, kick-ass fighting will be feeling like G.I. Joe.

More like Transformers: Beast Wars meets Star Trek and G.I. Joe.

Right now, I'm digging deeper into history of Optimal Optimus Prime, hoping to finding out what he was like before being chosen as supreme commander of Maximals.

Granted, he was starship captain, long before Maximal councils decided to selected him of being commander. You see, it's very, very easy that it's translates from the future.

I aimed to getting this movie running up to nearly three hours long. Much needed to get this story right. Still..1996 tv series..it doesn't add everything up.

I don't like beast machines to begins with. It doesn't make sense. How did they managed to return back to Cybertron, despite that they're trapped on prehistoric earth?

That's why I vowed to change that story of Beast Wars. To get this story right. Definitely not Micheal Bay, knowing him he will want to get on this project to watering beast wars franchise down with massive series of explosions with senseless story. No way on the earth I will allow that to happen. He has already watering transformers franchise down.

To me, perhaps dream team would be Steven Spielberg and other people who did Star Trek and G.I. Joe, you get the story right! That's what I want to do. I care to get story of beast wars to be told properly.

Thus far, I'll be executive producer to make sure that all this story's going to be good and fair. I vowed to respect beast wars franchise, nothing more. To respect 1996 TV series, of course.

Are you guys on the board? You agree completely? Please tell me that you do. Please share your thoughts. What do you wants to see in live-action movie? I will give it a serious thoughts.
Aesir
Ultra Poster!
Ultra Poster!

Unread post by Aesir »

just a little thing, Optimus Primal wasn't supreme commander, he was just captain of a small science/survey team and got dragged into the beast wars by Megatron (his was the closest ship to megatron's position). And after they returned to Cybertron (Beast Machines) he died before he other Maximals etc even saw him. So unless yo change alot of the story that part might not work (it could be a divergent timeline of course where he survived)
[img]http://i418.photobucket.com/albums/pp265/Oracle_Aesir/Picture067-2.jpg[/img]

[url]http://oracleaesir.deviantart.com[/url]
Darkshadow14
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

I'm curious, who wouldbe all the Maximals and Predacons?

What season would this take place in? So then we could know if there'd be transmetals? Fuzors?

Sounds good so far! :)
Prime Boss

Darkshadow14 wrote:I'm curious, who wouldbe all the Maximals and Predacons?

What season would this take place in? So then we could know if there'd be transmetals? Fuzors?

Sounds good so far! :)
You will find out in good time. Yes, there will be transmetals. Hell, they're already transmetals in first live-action movie. Since Hasbro has dropped this series that was supposed to take place after Beast Wars/Beast Machines, transtech transformers, that is, of course.

I'm going to bring that up again. It's not fair that transtech never to see light, despite that the story itself has already told in form of comic book, why did they decided to dropped that in the first place? So I'm very interesting to do transtech transformers live action movie, if Hasbro's agreeing to that.

Come on, it's not that hard to do it. Transformers Universe must continues to telling stories, different transformers race, different stories, different universes.

I doubt that Hasbro will welcome that. Hopefully, Hasbro will allow me to create new transformers races, that is. Not that I enjoy Autobots/Decepticons, it's just that new transformers race would be neat, that's all.
Darkshadow14
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Okay! You got me on the edge of my seat-err-bed now!

Hope everything goes good, and Hasbro agrees to everything!
Alak
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Unread post by Alak »

Are you writing a script that is based off of the TV series or is this something inspired by the show? If so, I'd aim for a trilogy with each season being its own movie. With that being said, I would disapprove of introducing the Transmetals in film 1. Also, regarding size, you don't have to worry about elephants because there were no transformers with that alternative form in the cartoon show. The only size issue if Megatron being a T-Rex, but I would love to see him at full scale...much more menacing. As for the "how did they go back in time" question, the answer is available in the very first episode: the transwarp drive. That technology allows you to travel anywhere in space and time. It's the same technology that allowed them to return back to the Cybertron of their period. Aesir already noted that Optimus Primal was not Supreme Commander, but I really need to emphasize that Primal wasn't even remotely close to being included in Cybertron's high command. He's a scientist. A space exploration captain.

On last important thing, if you really feel convicted to make this movie, I highly suggest you rewatch the television show. I mean watch every episode in all 3 seasons. Some of your questions/misconceptions have pretty obvious answers, and that scares me a little bit. All episodes are on DVD as well as on Youtube. It took me 1 week to rewatch all of them last summer, so I doubt your schedule will be that affected by it. Don't take me as one who's trying to shut down your dream, but as a Beast Wars fan, I would really appreciate it if your character portrayals were as close to the originals as possible. If you illustrate them as you yourself imagine them, then you'll be walking down the same path directors like Michael Bay and Uwe Boll took.
Aesir
Ultra Poster!
Ultra Poster!

Unread post by Aesir »

Alak wrote:Are you writing a script that is based off of the TV series or is this something inspired by the show? If so, I'd aim for a trilogy with each season being its own movie. With that being said, I would disapprove of introducing the Transmetals in film 1. Also, regarding size, you don't have to worry about elephants because there were no transformers with that alternative form in the cartoon show. The only size issue if Megatron being a T-Rex, but I would love to see him at full scale...much more menacing. As for the "how did they go back in time" question, the answer is available in the very first episode: the transwarp drive. That technology allows you to travel anywhere in space and time. It's the same technology that allowed them to return back to the Cybertron of their period. Aesir already noted that Optimus Primal was not Supreme Commander, but I really need to emphasize that Primal wasn't even remotely close to being included in Cybertron's high command. He's a scientist. A space exploration captain.

On last important thing, if you really feel convicted to make this movie, I highly suggest you rewatch the television show. I mean watch every episode in all 3 seasons. Some of your questions/misconceptions have pretty obvious answers, and that scares me a little bit. All episodes are on DVD as well as on Youtube. It took me 1 week to rewatch all of them last summer, so I doubt your schedule will be that affected by it. Don't take me as one who's trying to shut down your dream, but as a Beast Wars fan, I would really appreciate it if your character portrayals were as close to the originals as possible. If you illustrate them as you yourself imagine them, then you'll be walking down the same path directors like Michael Bay and Uwe Boll took.
adding to that, you might want to read the IDW comics "The Gathering" and "The Ascending" as well as the Sourcebook so you can get insight into other characters you could use and also what cybertron's society is like in this era
[img]http://i418.photobucket.com/albums/pp265/Oracle_Aesir/Picture067-2.jpg[/img]

[url]http://oracleaesir.deviantart.com[/url]
Alak
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Unread post by Alak »

^ great idea. The political tension between Maximals and Predacons plays a big factor in Megatron's motivation.
Darkshadow14
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Have fun making the movie too! I'm sure well all LOVE it! :lol:
Lady Venom
Ultra Poster!
Ultra Poster!

Unread post by Lady Venom »

It's an interesting idea to be sure! But I'm going to agree with everything Alak said on this.

Rewatch the series and really study it. You want to make sure you have all the little plot thoughts and theories you're looking for answers to down pat.

While I've always loved the idea of having Beast Wars as a real movie, you (I hope) want to keep it pure and true to the BW legend.

That, and I'm really anxious with love to see if you COULD score a trilogy so I could see some amazing Rampage work ^.^
~Rejected By The Sun and Moon, I Turn To The Stars~

Give in to temptation